PDA

View Full Version : Asking Marbury To Stay Away An Option For Knicks?

Spurs Brazil
10-31-2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55175/20081031/asking_marbury_to_stay_away_an_option_for_knicks/

Asking Marbury To Stay Away An Option For Knicks?

Oct 31, 2008 3:19 AM EST
One of the options the New York Knicks are considering regarding point guard Stephon Marbury is asking him to stay away until either the team can trade him or there is a contract buyout, the New York Daily News is reporting.

A buyout at this point is unlikely.

The move of restricting him from being around the team would only happen if Marbury became a distraction, which has not happened to this point. Publicly, Marbury has refused to criticize his reduced role and even said Thursday, "Whatever they want to do is fine with me."

Coach Mike D'Antoni did not play Marbury at all in the Knicks' season opener against Miami, but that does not mean that he will not see the court tonight in Philadelphia. D'Antoni suggested not playing Marbury is a move towards developing for the future, which will not include the former All-Star.

"It's what is best for the Knicks and our future," D'Antoni said. "I have to do that."

Red Rooster
10-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Starbury!!!

Allanon
10-31-2008, 03:52 PM
I think D'Antoni's playing games with Starbury.

He's trying to get "Star" out of his head. If it works, Marbury will beome a good soldier and start earning his playing time back and possibly become a star again.

If it don't work, he's gonna sit or get traded.

jack sommerset
10-31-2008, 04:24 PM
20 mil ,i would sit on ther bench and shut my mouth. its obvious no team wants to pay that kind of money or he would have been traded.

Allanon
10-31-2008, 06:52 PM
D'Antoni admits cursing Knicks fans
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/75991

Mike D'Antoni had no time to enjoy his first victory as Knicks coach, because he was on the defensive yesterday after TV cameras caught him in a cursing fit while fans were chanting for banished Stephon Marbury to be put into the game.

With some in the Garden crowd surprisingly chanting "We Want Steph" with 11:10 remaining in the fourth (others booed the chant), a stewing D'Antoni was caught on MSG Network cameras Wednesday in a tirade, mouthing:

"You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. What a bunch of (bleep) holes."

Yesterday after practice, D'Antoni acknowledged his frustration with the Marbury chanters, showing how strongly he believes the lightning-rod point guard does not belong on the court.

Indazone
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
they ought to trade Marbury to the Pacers for Tinsley LOL

The Franchise
10-31-2008, 06:55 PM

Mike D'Antoni had no time to enjoy his first victory as Knicks coach, because he was on the defensive yesterday after TV cameras caught him in a cursing fit while fans were chanting for banished Stephon Marbury to be put into the game.

With some in the Garden crowd surprisingly chanting "We Want Steph" with 11:10 remaining in the fourth (others booed the chant), a stewing D'Antoni was caught on MSG Network cameras Wednesday in a tirade, mouthing:

"You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. What a bunch of (bleep) holes."

Yesterday after practice, D'Antoni acknowledged his frustration with the Marbury chanters, showing how strongly he believes the lightning-rod point guard does not belong on the court.

Good for D'Antoni.

IronMexican
10-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad D'antoni stood up for what he believes in.

m33p0
10-31-2008, 08:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvP0AgAZckG8ypZo1NvV.828vLYF?slug=ap-knicks-marbury&prov=ap&type=lgns

Knicks place Marbury on inactive list
1 hour, 33 minutes ago
Buzz Up
Print
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury was placed on the inactive list before Friday night’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Marbury, a former All-Star reportedly scheduled to earn $21.9 million this season, did not play in the Knicks’ 120-115 season-opening win over the Miami Heat on Wednesday.

Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni and Marbury met Friday and Marbury asked the coach if he was going to play. When told he would not be seeing action, Marbury reportedly requested he be put on the inactive list and D’Antoni and the guard mutually agreed to take that action for Friday’s game.

Marbury, dressed in street clothes, watched from the Knicks bench after not warming up prior to the game.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball '08. Get off the bench and register today.

m33p0
10-31-2008, 08:20 PM
now what i don't understand is why would nyk fans want that douche in the game.

angelbelow
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
hes in street clothes right now, but hes there.

galvatron3000
10-31-2008, 08:39 PM
like him or not he can still play then trade him or buy him out so he can pursue a career elsewhere.

Biernutz
10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
If I was told to stay away from work and get paid $20 Mill also----:rollin

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 11:21 PM
he would be great under popovich. too bad for him we got parka!

Kai
10-31-2008, 11:42 PM
No one is going to trade for him and his ridiculous contract. Especially if he doesn't even play this year.

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Glad D'antoni stood up for what he believes in.

DanTony is doing the right thing. Marbury has had enough time to help wreck that franchise. He's been a freakin' cancer everywhere he's been. Good riddance.

Tmac&Luther
11-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Fucking Marbury and Gayrod are the same type of players......as soon as they leave a team, the team exponentially gets better. Mike D' needs to dump his ass ASAP

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2008, 01:18 AM
bet he feels like an idiot now that he tatooed the logo for his shoe line on his head, and nobody will see it

DaDakota
11-01-2008, 09:10 AM
They should buy him out, I am sure Marbury would take a little less just to be able to go sign somewhere else....like....oh, say....HOUSTON !

;)

DD

Indazone
11-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Lets send Marbury to Dallas since we know that he will implode any team he goes to. Better yet, lets ship him to the Los Angeles Lakers...if there's any team where ego's would explode it's Marbury + Kobe = BOOM! LOL

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-01-2008, 10:04 AM

Try talk to fans like this in Greece stupid coach.

Tmac&Luther
11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
They should buy him out, I am sure Marbury would take a little less just to be able to go sign somewhere else....like....oh, say....HOUSTON !

;)

DD

Pass..... Screw cancer, that guy is Dr. Kevorkian