Dr. Gonzo
10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Good for him.

xtremesteven33
10-31-2008, 03:14 PM
good for almond

I. Hustle
10-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Then make your move. You just have to be confident. Be assertive. Don't take no for an answer.

devely99
He is available ...

I. Hustle
Again? Look if you want to bone him just let him know.

xtremesteven33
10-31-2008, 03:16 PM
:lmao

Dr. Gonzo
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Why the question mark in the title?

angelbelow
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
good for almond

actually its probably not a good thing for him.. it means he has to find a new job :lol

Dr. Gonzo
10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
I think devely99 is actually Morris Almond trying to get a buzz going about himself in hopes that the SA front office will actually persue him.

hater
10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Excellent 1st 2 posts

Borosai
10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

The Truth #6
10-31-2008, 06:28 PM
I think devely99 is actually Morris Almond trying to get a buzz going about himself in hopes that the SA front office will actually persue him.

The best way not to get signed to the Spurs is to get hyped on Spurstalk.

Russ
10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
The Spurs should take a look at this sharpshooting bargain.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2008, 07:09 PM
ur in his face

exstatic
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm sure that RC knows who hits the wire long before anyone here does. Almond crapped out with the Jazz, a team with similar coaching and player expectations. That should maybe tell you something, that they weren't even interested in keeping him around as deep bench insurance.

Mad Bonner
10-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Almond? Isn't that a nut? Morris Almond can suck deez nuts

DROB4EVER
10-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Dont think the jazz wanna part with him.

balli
10-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm sure that RC knows who hits the wire long before anyone here does. Almond crapped out with the Jazz, a team with similar coaching and player expectations. That should maybe tell you something, that they weren't even interested in keeping him around as deep bench insurance.

He did not crap out with the Jazz. It's not like he hasn't been doing well and we just put him up for sale. Rather, it's just that the last day to extend him was today and since they didn't do it, obviously, they might as well shop him in the name of future picks/cap relief.

The reason we didn't extend him has nothing to do with his ability or demeanor. It's just economics; we're going to be about 60 million deep to Korver, CJ and Brewer. When we drafted Almond we truly thought we needed a two, as at the time we didn't know how good Brewer or CJ could be and we didn't even have Korver. As turns out, we already have three pretty damn good SG's and sadly, there just wasn't room on the depth chart for Mo Almond. But that's not the same as him crapping out. He worked extremely hard while he was here. He developed his game and his body and muscle mass are in far better shape than when we drafted him. Furthermore, he was a guy who was pretty active in the community. If we weren't so damn deep he'd of hung on no question. Mo Almond is talented enough and works hard enough to soon be a legitimately good NBA player and the Spurs should do everything in their power to get him.

exstatic
10-31-2008, 11:53 PM
He did not crap out with the Jazz. It's not like he hasn't been doing well and we just put him up for sale. Rather, it's just that the last day to extend him was today and since they didn't do it, obviously, they might as well shop him in the name of future picks/cap relief.

The reason we didn't extend him has nothing to do with his ability or demeanor. It's just economics; we're going to be about 60 million deep to Korver, CJ and Brewer. When we drafted Almond we truly thought we needed a two, as at the time we didn't know how good Brewer or CJ could be and we didn't even have Korver. As turns out, we already have three pretty damn good SG's and sadly, there just wasn't room on the depth chart for Mo Almond. But that's not the same as him crapping out. He worked extremely hard while he was here. He developed his game and his body and muscle mass are in far better shape than when we drafted him. Furthermore, he was a guy who was pretty active in the community. If we weren't so damn deep he'd of hung on no question. Mo Almond is talented enough and works hard enough to soon be a legitimately good NBA player and the Spurs should do everything in their power to get him.

My bad. OP said "available" when he's still on their roster, apparently. Not really available, then. Can't see the Jazz trading us anyone worth a damn.

DROB4EVER
10-31-2008, 11:55 PM
The guy has some skills but is raw, not likely even if we did get him he would give us much over the next year or two. Plus he is a poor defender and a volue shooter.

His nick name is the black hole!

Dr. Gonzo
11-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Is he still available?

exstatic
11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Is he still available?

He never was. Jazz just didn't pick up his option for NEXT year. He's still in Utah.