PDA

View Full Version : Heartbroken.

easjer
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
The ultrasound indicates that the baby stopped developing two weeks ago.

I feel like there is a hole in my heart.

clambake
10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
shit. i'm very sorry.

angel_luv
10-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Easjer,

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I know we live in different cities, but if there is anything I can do for you- even if you just need someone to talk to, please let me know.

You are in my prayers. I am so, so sorry. For you and SFIE.

I. Hustle
10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
I am so sorry easjer. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. That really does break my heart. I am really truly sorry that you have to go through this.

JoeChalupa
10-31-2008, 03:25 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Jekka
10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Easjer, you and SFIE have my condolences and are in my thoughts.

SpursWoman
10-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm so sorry, E. :depressed

Taco
10-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow

I am so sorry to hear this.

God Bless you two

JudynTX
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry. :(

bigzak25
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
:(

sending out prayers for your angel.

InRareForm
10-31-2008, 03:47 PM
:( Prayers go out to you.

BacktoBasics
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Before my wife and I had our son she carried for quite some time and then miscarried. It was pretty tough on the both of us and to be honest we were both so dejected that it was hard to even consider trying again.

But we did and got right back down to trying to have a child when the doctor said it was ok to proceed. Everything went well the second time and I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my boy in my life right now.

Sometimes things not playing out as scheduled find beautiful ways of working out. I'm sorry you're down right now and I hope you feel better.

hater
10-31-2008, 03:49 PM
wow sorry.

didn't even know that was possible :(

Dr. Gonzo
10-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.

Dex
10-31-2008, 03:54 PM
:( Very sad news. My deepest condolences to you and your loved ones.

I would not be alive if my Mom had not miscarried her first two twin boys. I'm not trying to say this as any sort of comfort, because I know there is none in a time like this, but life works in mysterious ways sometimes...

ashbeeigh
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh my gosh. :( I will continue to think of the two of you.

marini martini
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
So sorry to hear this Easjer & SFIE. Unfortunately the whole in your heart will remain for quite a while. My prayers will be with you both.

fatsack
10-31-2008, 04:05 PM
i'm so sorry to hear this.

to21
10-31-2008, 04:07 PM
This is sad to hear....I hope you and yours find comfort soon.

Shelly
10-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Easjer and SFIE, I'm so very sorry to hear this :(

Take care.

duncan228
10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm so sorry for both of you.

Slomo
10-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear about this. My condolences to you and SFIE.

tlongII
10-31-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry easjer.

jcrod
10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Going with what B2B said.

We had our first daugther with complications but we made it through.

When we tried again yrs later, we lost more than one pregency. It was heart breaking, but then my boy was finally born...then straight to the ICU. We were so scarred the weeks he was there, but he made it and has been healthy ever since.

Our third child was a breeze through pregency and has been pretty healthy.

Hang in there, rest and know things will get better.

samikeyp
10-31-2008, 04:43 PM
My deepest sympathies my friends.

jack sommerset
10-31-2008, 04:45 PM
we lost 5 kids before we had our 1. 3 due to tubal pregnancy and 2 miscarriages. very painful. keep ur head up.

S_A_Longhorn
10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear about this. My wife and I went thru this as well with out first pregnancy. Be there for your partnet, and it will make you both stronger.

PM5K
10-31-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't know what that means but it doesn't sound good...

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Mrs. Chopper and I had the exact same thing happen about a year and a half before she got pregnant with Chopper Jr.

It is heart breaking.....and I'm very, very sorry. This may not seem very consoling right now, but know that you'll have other opportunities down the road.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
damn... I'm so sorry easjer. Me deepest condolences for you and SFIE.

mrsmaalox
10-31-2008, 05:03 PM
My sincerest sympathy to both of you

remingtonbo2001
10-31-2008, 05:04 PM
My condolences go out to your family. You're in my prayers. I'm hopeful other opportunities will present themselves to you and SFIE.

God bless.

spursfan09
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
wow I am sorry for your loss. I went through this earlier this year in Apr. The baby was supposed to be due Nov. 12. All I can say is that time heals the pain, and soon you will be alright again, but you will never forget about your angel baby.

jaffies
10-31-2008, 05:19 PM
My deepest condolences for you and SFIE. Better days will be ahead.

mexicanjunior
10-31-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, my condolences to you both...

Kriz-Maxima
10-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss. Be supportive of each other.

PakiDan
10-31-2008, 05:33 PM
This makes me so very sad. He or she will come back to you. I'm sorry.

The Franchise
10-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family. :depressed

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-31-2008, 06:20 PM
:depressed
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for the two of you for sure.

Spurminator
10-31-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm heartbroken for you. My sincerest condolences.

timvp
10-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Condolences :(

Magic_Johnson
10-31-2008, 06:49 PM
i'm so sorry

IronMexican
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
My condolences to you.

CubanMustGo
10-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Deepest sympathies - hang in there.

RashoFan
10-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Easjer and SFIE, my condolences. My heart is heavy for you both right now. As Veronica stated, we maybe in different cities, but we all are here for you both. Your little one will always be with you and watch over you.

baseline bum
10-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. Life's such a beautiful thing, and it's so tragic when it's cut short early. :(

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Well I can safely say this has been the worst day of my life thus far, which is saying something since the previous holder of that title was a day in which I literally wanted to die and was taking steps to make that happen. I guess what I'm feeling now is along the lines of what my loved ones might have felt if I had gone through with it. I'd like to say that this is somehow putting things in perspective with that, but right now this shit is just too raw to feel much of anything but the hurt. What little thought I've managed today has been thinking back on a time in my life that I would call normal, wishing to God that now could be one of those times, and puzzling over how it will ever be such a time again.

Liz just went to bed after way more tears than I ever care to see for a lifetime. We're both wrecks right now, though I'm sure that the healing will start sometime. Thank you to everyone who posted and PMed. Your thoughts, prayers, and kind words are deeply felt. I've always admired the sense of community here. It means a lot to have you guys to share in all the victories and defeats both on and especially off the court.

atxrocker
10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
damn horrible news. my condolences and i hope the best for you both.

Slydragon
10-31-2008, 09:22 PM
:depressed

Pistons < Spurs
10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Such terrible news. My sincerest condolences to the both of you.

pawe
10-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Had the same thing happen with our first and it was definitely a heartbreaking experience. I feel for you both and just be supportive of each other.

Creepn
10-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Dont know you but I dont have to know you to sympathize with your pain. I hope over time your heart will become full again.

Sunshine
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm so sorry easjer!

My former bosses wife had this same thing happen about a month ago and it was such a blow.

FromWayDowntown
10-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Please know that I'm heartbroken for both of you -- you're in my thoughts and prayers, Easjer and SFIE.

ploto
10-31-2008, 11:31 PM
You will all three be in my prayers. Hold onto each other.

slacker77
10-31-2008, 11:48 PM
very sorry for your loss . my sincerest sympathy to both of you.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Sorry for your loss my wife and I lost two that way. It's hard when your ready get up stand up and don't ever give up. :toast

duncan228
11-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Well I can safely say this has been the worst day of my life thus far, which is saying something since the previous holder of that title was a day in which I literally wanted to die and was taking steps to make that happen. I guess what I'm feeling now is along the lines of what my loved ones might have felt if I had gone through with it. I'd like to say that this is somehow putting things in perspective with that, but right now this shit is just too raw to feel much of anything but the hurt. What little thought I've managed today has been thinking back on a time in my life that I would call normal, wishing to God that now could be one of those times, and puzzling over how it will ever be such a time again.

Liz just went to bed after way more tears than I ever care to see for a lifetime. We're both wrecks right now, though I'm sure that the healing will start sometime. Thank you to everyone who posted and PMed. Your thoughts, prayers, and kind words are deeply felt. I've always admired the sense of community here. It means a lot to have you guys to share in all the victories and defeats both on and especially off the court.

ST is family.

You both have not left my thoughts since easjer asked for prayers yesterday before the test. I just read your blog, and your pain came through your words. Yet, your last line is for us to take care of ourselves. The feeling of family runs both ways.

I wish you both strength as you work through this. And I wish you both peace on the other side of it.

Take care of each other and know your ST family is here for you.

lefty
11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
My prayers go to you and your family

2Blonde
11-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow, I've only been online very sporadically over the past month. I didn't even know you were expecting. You two have my deepest sympathy & a ton of prayers. I will light a candle at mass tomorrow for you two and your sweet angel.

TwAnKiEs
11-01-2008, 03:21 PM
wow sorry.

didn't even know that was possible :(

+1
My prayers are still with you. My condolences :depressed

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Easjer, SFIE, I don't know what to say other than you two are in my thoughts and condolences.

tp2021
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't know what to say to something like this. But I think FWD said how I feel best. I am heartbroken for both of you, and will keep you in my thoughts. There's no way I wouldn't have you there.

anakha
11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

BRIDGE:
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…

MiamiHeat
11-01-2008, 11:19 PM
i wouldn't take it as hard. you can always try again and you will have a baby next time.

the important thing is your wife is healthy and safe. with her, you can make a whole family of many children.

1Parker1
11-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this SFIE and Easjer. :( My condolences, I know there's not much that anybody can say or do to ease this pain.

angel_luv
11-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Easjer and SFIE,

You both are continiously in my thoughts and prayers. We prayed for you at our prayer service yesterday at church and will keep doing so.

Again, if there is anything I can do for you guys, please do not hesitate to call or p.m.

Love and hugs to you both.

duncan228
11-02-2008, 01:25 PM
i wouldn't take it as hard. you can always try again and you will have a baby next time.

How are easjer and SFIE not going to take losing a baby hard? Have you been following their joy the last several weeks? Did you read the thread title? Do you understand what feeling a hole in your heart means?

the important thing is your wife is healthy and safe. with her, you can make a whole family of many children.

I agree, easjer's health and recovery from this are important. And yes, I hope they can try again (we don't know the circumstances). But to dismiss the grieving process for a lost child by saying "i wouldn't take it as hard" is cruel imo.

tp2021
11-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Let's keep this thread positive.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Holy crap, how did I miss this thread? :(

Eas, SFIE, I'm so sorry for you guys. You're both really awesome people. Please know, as this thread shows, that you've got a lot of people pulling and praying for you. I lost a little half brother on Dec 26th a couple years ago... 2 days old... there is just no pain like that. I can't imagine being in your shoes.

easjer
11-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you all for your support and kindness. We are both of us doing a little bit better. At first, it was sort of shocking that the world didn't stop turning, but two days have passed and we are still here.

The hardest thing is that my body doesn't seem to recognize this is not a viable pregnancy. The midwife wants to wait a week and have another u/s to be sure the diagnosis is correct, but we all know it is. After speaking today with an old friend is who an OB, I have a better idea of all my options now. Basically, I can either have surgery (a d&c) to get rid of the remaining tissue or I can take a drug called misoprostol to induce dilation and cramping to get rid of the remaining tissue. Walking around still carrying a baby that won't grow is hellish and I'm really ready to get this over with so we can start to move on.

I'll be asking my midwife for a prescription for the drugs tomorrow, and if she can't or won't be able to give me the prescription, I'll start the insurance hoops to switch to an OB so we can get this taken care of.

This is probably the worst thing I've ever gone through in my life. I cannot tell you how immensely comforted and supported I feel by your kind words and prayers. Jason and I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

blizz
11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm sooo very sorry. We went through a really rough pregnancy a year ago and from day to day we weren't sure she was going to make it. She did and I'm so thankful but there were days that were very very scarey and the feeling at the time was just horrible. I can't even imagine what it feels like for you both. You both are in my prayers. Hold onto your faith and know that what happened, happened for a reason that you will not and cannot understand. These things are often hard coded and there's no one to blame. Stay strong you two, God Bless you both.

Brodels
11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
That really sucks. Know that time will help, and keep the faith as much as possible.

tlongII
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better! I hope you can get those drugs soon and get it taken care of. I think you'll be fine.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2008, 11:08 PM

BacktoBasics
11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Depending on the exact situation you're in there are certain types of vitamins that you can take before you try again that can help this kind of thing from repeating itself. Sometimes this is caused by a certain vitamin deficiency that can be corrected but is often never noticed or thought of. Just a thought.

Supreme_Being
11-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear that. Shit DOES happen, you just have to take it gracefully (although that may not be as easy at it sounds).

florige
11-03-2008, 10:37 AM
That truly sucks! Glad to hear you two are doing better though.....:toast

Ballcox
11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear this has happened, best wishes for a quick recovery and the strength needed to get through this. You both will be in my prayers.

easjer
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
The mw did give me the drugs, and I'm just waiting for confirmation from the last blood draw that HCG levels are dropping and then I'll take that. Hopefully we'll be able to avoid the d&c.

Thank you all again for your support and comfort.