PDA

View Full Version : Study: Media coverage has favored Obama campaign

ducks
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_media;_ylt=Ao4gBWzz6qoV7AK.3kRAgNhv24cA

ducks
10-31-2008, 11:31 PM
For whatever reason, the media are portraying Barack Obama as a better choice for president than John McCain," said Robert Lichter, a George Mason University professor and head of the center. "If you watch the evening news, you'd think you should vote for Obama."

Shastafarian
10-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Maybe John McCain just sucks that much.

boutons_
11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
McNasty and pitbull bitch are running a lying, sliming shitty campaign and spewing gargage and reckless attacks.

There's nothing good to say about them, so is that the media's fault?

The media saying good things about the Repug would be lipstick on a pig.

HUSSEIN, otoh, has run a classy, positive, effective campaign.

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2008, 12:53 AM
did we really need a study for that?

hitmanyr2k
11-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure how anyone is going to spin this into being the media's fault when John McCain has run one of the DUMBEST campaigns I've ever seen from someone with so much "experience". Is it the media's fault he chose an unknown governor that was clueless on the issues? Was it the media's fault that she couldn't even answer some of the most basic G.E.D softball questions?

Hey Palin, what publications do you read? "All of'em". Can you name one? (Crickets chirping). These are the kind of softball questions a 10 year old could answer. Say you read Batman...anything!!

Was it the media's fault that the McCain campaign recognized her ignorance and chose to hide her instead?

Hell, Palin was popular when she first came on the scene...all cameras were on her and the McCain campaign. Biden was a freakin afterthought. So how did the McCain campaign take advantage of their newfound popularity and having all eyes on them? Did McCain state how his policies were going to be different from George Bush's to counter Obama's argument? NO!! Did McCain lay out any kind of specific agenda or plan for the future? NO!! Instead they regurgitate the same freakin speech from the RNC for two weeks. Nothing of substance whatsoever. We're Mavericks, we're reformers, Obama bad, just a little community organizer....I sold my plane on E-bay, yayyyy. On top of that they put out a ton of negative ads with half-truths and distortions. People were sick of that crap.

Then the economy starts tanking and McCain pulls another stunt trying to play hero with the "I'm suspending my campaign until this crisis is solved" garbage. And that campaign suspension lasted what...half a day?!? Yep, that was the media's fault too. Then he shows up at the debate looking surly and condescending as ever because his little stunt failed. He has no clue what the hell he's talking about when it comes to the economy and his plan seems to change with the direction of the wind. The rest of the time he's gone negative because the "experienced" one has shown that he has nothing else to offer...yep, all that damn media's fault. McCain's campaign has been nothing short of a trainwreck and he has no one to blame but himself.

cool hand
11-01-2008, 05:29 AM
quit complaining, neocons didn't want the fairness doctrine, so they are getting unfairness..........tough shit.

Mr. Peabody
11-01-2008, 07:50 AM
For whatever reason, the media are portraying Barack Obama as a better choice for president than John McCain," said Robert Lichter, a George Mason University professor and head of the center. "If you watch the evening news, you'd think you should vote for Obama."

:lmao
Yes, "[f]or whatever reason."
:lmao