PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking

superfedja
10-31-2008, 11:16 PM
wow ... watching Tim Duncan and Tony Parker fighting by themselves is just heartbreaking ... especially watching Duncan .... the guy has gave so much to the Spurs.... he fought so hard for the Spurs and they NEVER got him a real all-star teammate... he deserves better..... they must surround him with better players ... this is just painful to watch

anyone else feel this way?????

SequSpur
10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
no..bonner is giving everything he has and every foul available as well. Go spurs!

mexicanjunior
10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Yes...when it comes to free agency, I think the FO has tried to get good players, so I don't entirely blame them for the weak supporting cast. I do, however, call their drafting into question since Parker...

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't give myself to such drama with 80.5 games left in the season.

superfedja
10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't give myself to such drama with 80.5 games left in the season.

i know what you mean .... but my comment isnt just about tonight's game .... it includes the last year's playoffs and the year we lost to the mavs

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 11:26 PM
So you feel bad when the Spurs lose.

I understand.

mexicanjunior
10-31-2008, 11:28 PM
i know what you mean .... but my comment isnt just about tonight's game .... it includes the last year's playoffs and the year we lost to the mavs

The year we lost to the Mavs, we picked up 2 top tier free agents in Finley and Van Exel during the offseason. Little did we know Van Exel was done, but the FO at least tried and the media gave them credit for it....2006 should not be included in your example.

superfedja
10-31-2008, 11:29 PM

I understand.

yeah but especially when duncan fights his ass off and loses cuz his supporting cast blows it .... i dont mind finley or bonner not gettin a ring but seeing duncan fight and not get a ring cuz the FO cant surround him with competent people pisses me off

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 11:30 PM

I understand.

word?

word:hat

Guajalote
10-31-2008, 11:31 PM
wow ... watching Tim Duncan and Tony Parker fighting by themselves is just heartbreaking ... especially watching Duncan .... the guy has gave so much to the Spurs.... he fought so hard for the Spurs and they NEVER got him a real all-star teammate... he deserves better..... they must surround him with better players ... this is just painful to watch

anyone else feel this way?????

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about David Robinson :lol

Whisky Dog
11-01-2008, 12:23 AM
They showed flashes of some clutch play in the 4th with Mason and Udoka making some plays to help the two stars, but the Spurs were lucky to be even close with that frontcourt they threw out there. Wait til the team gets healthy and Manu returns before seeing what they can do. Mason looks promising. Very promising. Now just hope Hill and Ian do too when they hit the court.

Buddy Holly
11-01-2008, 12:25 AM
We've held strong with two teams that are potential west winners WITHOUT Manu Ginobili and three other young prospects.

I see good, good things for us.

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Yes...when it comes to free agency, I think the FO has tried to get good players, so I don't entirely blame them for the weak supporting cast. I do, however, call their drafting into question since Parker...

I say bullshit! Both their drafting and FA selections are to be called into question. The fact that they've not targeted a decent swingman since Jack left the building in inexcusable.

Your later references to the 2006 FA acquisitions of NVE and Finley are systemic of Pop's miscues on judging the FA market. He's mis-evaluated a couple of free agents over that period. The fact that TP is the last #1 draft choice to develop and contribute is absolutely atroicious. Hopefully Ian and Hill will break the unenviable streak.

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 01:14 AM
They showed flashes of some clutch play in the 4th with Mason and Udoka making some plays to help the two stars, but the Spurs were lucky to be even close with that frontcourt they threw out there. Wait til the team gets healthy and Manu returns before seeing what they can do. Mason looks promising. Very promising. Now just hope Hill and Ian do too when they hit the court.

Mason looks damn promising. Wish he would've taken the last shot.

mexicanjunior
11-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Your later references to the 2006 FA acquisitions of NVE and Finley are systemic of Pop's miscues on judging the FA market. He's mis-evaluated a couple of free agents over that period. The fact that TP is the last #1 draft choice to develop and contribute is absolutely atroicious. Hopefully Ian and Hill will break the unenviable streak.

In 2006, they added 2 coveted and seasoned FA's to an already championship team with 3 stars in their prime. Going into that season, they were the favorites to repeat on the strength of what they did in the off season. I think they did about all they could that year to make the team better...

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 01:35 AM
In 2006, they added 2 coveted and seasoned FA's to an already championship team with 3 stars in their prime. Going into that season, they were the favorites to repeat on the strength of what they did in the off season. I think they did about all they could that year to make the team better...

I doubt that. Finley was just about done when he got here in '06. NVE was past done. Pop "screwed the pooch" on that both those. I was the loudest opponent of the anti-Finley faction and he keeps proving my point. I know we're short-handed, but I really wish Barry would've been the one we kept instead of Finley.

There must have been better FAs out there than those two. Besides, had the drafted Josh Howard in '03, we would'nt be having this conversation.

mexicanjunior
11-01-2008, 01:50 AM
I doubt that. Finley was just about done when he got here in '06.

I disagree...Finley was great in the 2006 playoffs, especially against the Mavs. Finley's game started slipping in the 2007 playoffs and 2008 was wildly inconsistent but he earned his money '06.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2008, 02:04 AM
I doubt that. Finley was just about done when he got here in '06.
Yet he was a huge free agent acquisition.

NVE was past done.
Yet nobody knew that at the time, and he was a huge free-agent acquisition.

Pop "screwed the pooch" on that both those. I was the loudest opponent of the anti-Finley faction and he keeps proving my point.
But only when he does something wrong. I suppose you just ignore whenever he contributes, which he's done a hell of a lot since he's been with this team.

Dr. Gonzo
11-01-2008, 02:12 AM
:lmao at meltdowns after the second game of the season.

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Yet he was a huge free agent acquisition.

Maybe in your eyes - not mine. He was a one-trick pony his last 2-3 years with the Mavs.

Yet nobody knew that at the time, and he was a huge free-agent acquisition.

Anybody that watched NVE the year before knew he was finished. Hell, he even hinted that he was retiring near the conclusion of the 2005 season. There's an old saying that, as an athlete, anytime you start thinking about retirement - you already have.

But only when he does something wrong. I suppose you just ignore whenever he contributes, which he's done a hell of a lot since he's been with this team.

I'm not all over his jock because he hits a shot or two. He is what he is. One trick pony. Streaky shooter. Poor passer. Terrible defender. Sub-par rebounder. I just call it like it see it. I don't like talking around the "pink elephant in the room" and I've never been sold on the net benefit of him being on the team. He's often a liability on the court, but he is a Pop favorite. I've just tried to get used to him.