View Full Version : ESPN Insider Trade talks

lessthannick11
02-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Does anyone have access?

Chad Ford put up a new one with trade rumors and it would be nice to see

Thanks

ALVAREZ6
02-17-2005, 06:39 PM
People started rumors about Iverson being traded, but Iverson said himself that he loves it in Philly, and he wants to stay.

Iverson expects Billy King to make a trade to bring some more talent to help AI.

Glenn Robinson was going to be traded for Sprewell, but the Wolves said they wanted Glenn and Willie Green, and that's when the sixers backed out. They need their young talent.

ALVAREZ6
02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
AI should be traded. Philly seems to have given up before game one's tipoff against the Lakers in the Finals years ago.

AI is too good to be stuck in that dump.
AI is proving he isn't an ass, and he keeps on coming back with his original team. He likes it in Philly, and BTW, the Sixers won game one of the finals jackass.

HaterzEraser
02-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Playes - Showing Interest: according to ESPN insider

Kidd - Wolves - Source says Kidd has told organization he wants play with Garnett
Jalen Rose - Heat, Knicks, Blazers
Sprewell - 76ers - Trade for Sprewell to 76ers broke when Wolves asked for Willie Geen.
Glen Robinson - Bucks - Reporting possible trade Van Horn for Robinson
Dunleavy - Grizzlies - Showed an interest but cap is holding them back
Steve Francis - Nuggets - Last month Magic declined a nuggets trade Andre Miller, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, and Voshon Lenard for Francis
Juwan Howard - Rockets - Trying to ship Howard for Tim Thomas.

Being Shopped
Carlos Boozer
Matt Harpring
Eric Williams
Tim Thomas
Paul Pierce

ducks
02-18-2005, 11:17 AM
boozer for manu and rasho?

T Park
02-18-2005, 12:04 PM
boozer for manu and rasho?

Hell no.

Why would you trade a solid defensive center and an all star guard, for a forward who is being shopped around 9 months after signing a huge LT contract????

Your an idiot quackers.

ducks
02-18-2005, 12:08 PM
the owner wants boozer todo more each night
sloan can not get him to do it
but pop has gotten rasho to bring it more

after a few benchings

heck I give them rose and manu instead of rasho and manu

you have to give up someone in order to get boozer (or a star player)

jazz would not want tp so manu is the only one you could give them to get boozer

tekdragon
02-18-2005, 12:14 PM
ducks for wolves009 and LakerGod?

:)

I'd have to get something pretty special for Manu. I'd need more than Boozer to let him slip away. Boozer might bring certain things we need to the table (like rebounding and offensive toughness inside, though he really has yet to prove himself as a defensive threat), but compared to all the things that Manu brings, I couldn't pull the trigger on that. In the 4th quarter of a tight game, I'd feel much more comfortable with Manu on the floor than with Boozer. He's just not the playmaker Manu is, and we need that desparately. If our 4th quarter squad is Tony, Barry/Brown, Bowen, Boozer, Tim...then who's the go-to guy? Who's going to create something out of nothing when the other team plays good D down the stretch? Tim is the obvious choice, but defenses are going to key on Tim anyway. We need someone to create away from the basket to pull the second defender off Tim, or just to create havoc within the defense set to allow a play to open up. Boozer just isn't that guy. Double-team Tim + good defensive rotation can get a stop 9 times out of 10. Manu's the wildcard that trumps good defensive rotation, because he can take most one-on-one defenders off the dribble, and he's one of the best in the league at splitting the approaching double. You just can't contain him. That's too valuable to give up without getting a playmaker in return.

boozer (or a star player)

I hope the implication here wasn't that Boozer is a star player.

Crack is wack, bro.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
02-18-2005, 12:35 PM
OK, see, this is why Ducks is not a professional GM.
The reason the Spurs signed Manu, TP, and Timmy to LONG-TERM DEALS was because you build championship teams by keeping a core group of talented players around. You don't turn around 4 months later and trade one of those core pieces. Not unless you get an irreplaceable commodity in return. And Boozer, while a reasonably talented player, is not an irreplaceable commodity.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-18-2005, 04:26 PM
No that's why Ducks couldn't finish grammar school

bigzak25
02-18-2005, 04:47 PM
the bigs i trade manu or tony for are ben wallace or emeka. that's it man...pipe dreams.