PDA

View Full Version : What's the big deal?

SpursDynasty
11-01-2008, 01:53 AM
We are starting the season without Manu and Oberto. We lose by 5 points and then by 1. One missed shot was the difference in each game. What is the big deal? Because I sure as hell don't see it.

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Their absences don't explain getting outhustled, outrebounded and outworked. Same deal we saw versus the Fakers. Most of these guys lack energy and quickness. I know the Spurs are a cerebral team, but at some point you have to assert yourself, if you're the more experienced team.

Rapper
11-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Do you really think that the spurs will win more games when Oberto comes back ?

I don't think so, even though Manu comes back to the spurs, i don't think the spurs can play better than last 2 games

duncan228
11-01-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm not concerned yet. It's early, we've got injuries, etc. I love how Duncan looks and it all starts with him. Parker looks great, and I have faith that Manu will come back strong. Everything else will fall in place as they play. The RRT will do its thing and I believe this team will be right in the hunt come Spring.

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 02:06 AM
There's no such thing a moral victories. There's also no value in perenially having the "oldest team in the league" and bragging about it that way Pop does. This is a long marathon and no team is going to have it every night. However it's the beginning of the season. As a fan, I don't want to see my team routinely getting outworked, outhustled and outplayed.

And don't tell me it's because they're undermanned because the Fakers did the same thing to them in the WCF. Once everyone is healthy, I want to see Pop go deep in his bench if he can't consistent contributions from the regular rotation guys.

toki9
11-01-2008, 02:06 AM
I don't think so, even though Manu comes back to the spurs, i don't think the spurs can play better than last 2 games

You think the last 2 games are the best we can get out this Spurs team, even after Manu comes back?

Tmac&Luther
11-01-2008, 02:13 AM

Quick question............Does a healthy Oberto put Bonner on the bench? (seriously I don't know)

Because tonight Bonner scored for the wrong team in a game that you only lost by 1 point....

In the last Spurs/PHO game I watched, Bonner had so many negative plays that I lost count....in another very close game. If that guy was on my team, I would drive to his house and pull a http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/images/oly98/photos/kerriganknee_0202.jpg on his ass, so he wouldn't be able to take the floor for my team. He's not even on my team and he disgusts me.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2008, 02:17 AM
doesnt make a diff if we had oberto anyway....cant reb for shit

Tmac&Luther
11-01-2008, 02:20 AM
doesnt make a diff if we had oberto anyway....cant reb for shit

Yeah the great Bonner grabbed two of them tonight........I'd like to think Oberto could grab more than 2 rebounds.

Sorry, Bonner had 3 rebounds.....I have to give him credit for the tip back that was the difference in the ball game for the Blazers.

Rapper
11-01-2008, 02:20 AM
You think the last 2 games are the best we can get out this Spurs team, even after Manu comes back?

No comment for your question.

I just think that the more i expect, the more disappointed i discover i am

and you can see that TD has played 2 games and his performance was fantastic, hey dude, 32 years old man could score about 30 points in a NBA game is not easy to achieve, he did his best already, on the other hand, TP also played well, but so what? compared with last 7 seasons, as long as there were 2 spurs players who played well in a same game, the spurs could definitely win the game.

But now, i don't think the spurs can do something like last 7 seasons

Slinkyman
11-01-2008, 02:24 AM

When have the spurs played their best basketball in November with or without Manu?

Rapper
11-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Quick question............Does a healthy Oberto put Bonner on the bench? (seriously I don't know)

Because tonight Bonner scored for the wrong team in a game that you only lost by 1 point....

In the last Spurs/PHO game I watched, Bonner had so many negative plays that I lost count....in another very close game. If that guy was on my team, I would drive to his house and pull a http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/images/oly98/photos/kerriganknee_0202.jpg on his ass, so he wouldn't be able to take the floor for my team. He's not even on my team and he disgusts me.

Hey my friend, seriously

Don't ever overestimate Oberto's ability

Even if he is healthy

Kai
11-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Manu makes a HUGE difference no matter what team you are talking about. I wouldn't panic and Spurs fans should especially know that "it's not how you start, it's how you finish".

BWS-1994
11-01-2008, 02:43 AM
First two games were close. And the Spurs were without their best clutch player.

Hopefully, at least Oberto comes back ASAP.

DMX7
11-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Oberto will help because Thomas is horrible, at least Oberto can make craft moves in the paint to get easy baskets. He doesn't have butter fingers like thomas.

dg7md
11-01-2008, 03:01 AM
When have the spurs played their best basketball in November with or without Manu?

Since when they haven't started 0-2.

LEONARD
11-01-2008, 04:03 AM
We are starting the season without Manu and Oberto. We lose by 5 points and then by 1. One missed shot was the difference in each game. What is the big deal? Because I sure as hell don't see it.

Pussy

I'm so glad SD lost his pink name! He can start wicked threads again!!! :lol

polandprzem
11-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Their absences don't explain getting outhustled, outrebounded and outworked. Same deal we saw versus the Fakers. Most of these guys lack energy and quickness. I know the Spurs are a cerebral team, but at some point you have to assert yourself, if you're the more experienced team.

& 1

There's no such thing a moral victories. There's also no value in perenially having the "oldest team in the league" and bragging about it that way Pop does. This is a long marathon and no team is going to have it every night. However it's the beginning of the season. As a fan, I don't want to see my team routinely getting outworked, outhustled and outplayed.

And don't tell me it's because they're undermanned because the Fakers did the same thing to them in the WCF. Once everyone is healthy, I want to see Pop go deep in his bench if he can't consistent contributions from the regular rotation guys.

Aaaaa man!

Obstructed_View
11-01-2008, 08:33 AM

Because tonight ROGER MASON scored for the wrong team in a game that you only lost by 1 point....
Fixed. Go back and watch. Bonner didn't touch the ball. Oh, wait, Bonner sucks for not getting to the ball. Fuck Bonner!:lol

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Oberto alone wins us both games IMO..Fab isn't a great player or anything, but his size alone would have helped us get rebounds much more than Bonner..his mobility would help us much more than Thomas has..a few rebounds go differently, and the outcome changes..we lost both games by 1 possession..

having Manu would have easily gotten us both games..people act is if Duncan and Parker can't do this on a regular basis when they need to..of course they can, especially against Phoenix, who they both own..Manu brings a lot to this team, not just from a talent perspective, but with his intensity and heart..

0-2 is 0-2 though..

jjktkk
11-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Sure it does, considering that our top hustler, worker, playmaker, etc.... is out till December. Until the Spurs get everyone back and settle in on a bench rotation, we are gonna see alot of games like the past 2. They the Spurs are undermanned right and even when everyone is back, the Spurs are always gonna have problems with quick, athletic teams, like Portland, and New Orleans. I'm glad that at least the Spurs had a chance to win last night and against Phoenix. They showed some moxy last night coming back against Portland. Sometimes talent does beat out expierence. Last night was an example.

SpursDynasty
11-01-2008, 02:41 PM
The difference in each game was one rebound. Oberto gives us that.

mrspurs
11-02-2008, 08:22 AM

I think they will be better with Fab back. But that will only make the other teams we play better. Teams know they can beat us now. Its like the first time you jump in the air and touch the rim for the first time. After that you dunk your first rock then first baseball then volleyball etc. And the spurs have played 2 horrible games. They look like a team thats never played together or learning a new system. Thats because they dont have most of their starting lineup.

rascal
11-02-2008, 08:28 AM

There has to be some concern. Parker and Duncan have both had great games and they are still losing. They are getting little from the rest of the team other than Mason. The bench and the bigs look inferior.

sa_butta
11-02-2008, 10:48 AM
The difference in each game was one rebound. Oberto gives us that.
In the Portland game the difference was free throws, which tells me Portland was being more aggressive. We got out rebounded by 6 and we did not record any block shots compared to their 5. The inside presence is not there.

century
11-02-2008, 11:03 AM

By one point or 30, a loss is a loss is a loss.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
By one point or 30, a loss is a loss is a loss.

Feel free to hit the panic button then. Why should reality stop you in any way?

anakha
11-02-2008, 10:40 PM
You know things have gone stir crazy when SpursDynasty tries to be the voice of reason on this board. :lol

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
11-02-2008, 11:05 PM
When We Get All R Playas Back We'll Be Ok. We're Jus Goin Thru A Lack Of Playas. When We Get All Of Them Back It Will Be Big Time For The Team!!!!!!