PDA

View Full Version : Calling Bruce Bowen

MoSpur
11-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Where are you Bruce? The Spurs have played two games and there is no sign of Bruce Bowen. I see his name in the box score, but I haven't seen him.

mexicanjunior
11-01-2008, 01:57 AM
This may be the year we have been dreading since he turned 35...I love what he has done as a Spur but I don't think he has the quickness to guard the opposition's best scorer anymore. If he isn't doing that, or hitting 3's, it's hard to justify him getting major minutes this season...

Rapper
11-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Dude, The function of Bruce Bowen is not scoring

SenorSpur
11-01-2008, 02:12 AM
This may be the year we have been dreading since he turned 35...I love what he has done as a Spur but I don't think he has the quickness to guard the opposition's best scorer anymore. If he isn't that, or hitting 3's, it's hard to justify him getting major minutes this season...

Looks like Pop's year-to-year gamble is starting to come up snake eyes. And the horrific part about this situation is the Spurs do not have another perimeter stopper in the mode of Bowen. I blame Pop for continously ignoring the need for a suitable backup swingman. I wonder now if he'll bring back Hairston and try to get him acclimated.

You see Portland has tons of young swingman and McMillian isn't afraid to let them get court time.

Jon Barry also brought up another point that I've made before. Once Duncan goes out the game, the Spurs have no other low post scoring threat.

itzsoweezee
11-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Jon Barry also brought up another point that I've made before. Once Duncan goes out the game, the Spurs have no other low post scoring threat.

if only the spurs had drafted a skilled big man. say, the best big man in europe. imagine that.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2008, 02:48 AM
if only the spurs had drafted a skilled big man. say, the best big man in europe. imagine that.

tiago splitter says fuck you wait another 3 years bitch, i aint comin over