PDA

View Full Version : Kidd-KG update

milkyway21
02-17-2005, 08:39 PM
..sorry Spurs fans for posting this. Just want you to know how happy I am Kidd-KG tandem isn't happening just yet...

BY OHM YOUNGMISUK
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Jason Kidd entered the All-Star break exhausted and perhaps a little frustrated. But he did not fly off to Cabo San Lucas without a victory.
One day after it was reported that Kidd wants to play with Kevin Garnett and is not sold on his team's future, he lifted the Nets to a 96-85 victory over the Kings at the Meadowlands with his fifth triple-double of the season.

Kidd recorded the 64th triple-double of his career with 19points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. To do it, he had to log 40 minutes for the 16th time in his last 21 games. Coming off knee surgery over the summer, Kidd is not thrilled about playing heavy minutes.

"I think the break is coming at a good time," said Kidd, who will gladly take his All-Star snub for four days of rest. "Because I'm tired. I can't do this 48, 49, 45 minutes (per) night, just coming off surgery and stuff. That's not going to help me longevity-wise."

Kidd, who turns 32 next month, also believes it would be better for his career and title aspirations to play alongside an All-Star big man like Garnett.

Several sources, including two players, say Kidd is not convinced the Nets can win a championship since ownership dealt Kenyon Martin for three first-round draft picks last summer in a sign-and-trade. "I am a Net and we are trying to win and that is what I am going to concentrate on," Kidd said. "There are going to be rumors flying until the (trading) deadline comes and passes."

The Nets (23-30) have no intention of trading Kidd. And having acquired veteran forward/center Clifford Robinson - who had nine points and seven rebounds in his Nets debut - this likely will be the Nets roster for the rest of the season.

For one night at least, Kidd's rookie center was better than former All-Stars Chris Webber and Brad Miller of the Kings.

Nenad Krstic scored a career-high 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds - all in three quarters - while outplaying Webber (12 points, 10 rebounds) and Miller (eight points, five rebounds).

With Vince Carter (21 points) missing 14 of his first 19shots, Krstic helped the Nets overcome a 13-point, second-quarter deficit. One night after shooting 0-for-8 and scoring three points in a loss at Minnesota, Krstic made nine of his first 14 shots.

The Nets then snapped a 78-78 tie with 8:31 remaining with a 16-3 run during which Travis Best and Carter combined to score 11. When Kidd banked in a jumper with 2:29 remaining, the Nets led, 94-81. Even though the Kings (33-20) were without the flu-ridden Peja Stojakovic, Kidd had to score 10 points in the fourth to help keep the Nets within four games of the Atlantic-leading Celtics.

Last month, Kidd said he did not want to be traded but admitted he said that to get reporters to stop asking him about his future. While he says nothing has changed about his stance, he did not exactly endorse the Nets' future when asked if he could look ahead to next season's potential with a healthy Richard Jefferson joining Carter.

"Things change so fast," Kidd said. "Next year could be so different. The makeup of this team could be different."

Kidd learned that the hard way last summer. "That is the business part," he said when asked if he was over Martin's departure. "Sometimes we are stuck in the middle of it."

and another article....

Wolves unlikely to land Kidd
St. Paul Pioneer Press
The Pioneer Press' Brian Hamilton reports that the Timberwolves will likely have to put together a three-way deal if they want to acquire Jason Kidd because the Nets aren't interested in Latrell Sprewell, Sam Cassell or Wally Szczerbiak.

..who knows what happen in the next few days? but,deadline is still 7 days away. But for now Minny remains a non-threat team to Spurs.

Rummpd
02-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Why is Kidd such a difference maker? Parker has played him well in the past and in a close 4th I am more worried of Cassell than Kidd.

If Mn gets him and give up 2 of above, no worries.

PM5K
02-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Kidd, who turns 32 next month, also believes it would be better for his career and title aspirations to play alongside an All-Star big man....

You had your chance dip-shit and you blew it.....