PDA

View Full Version : MNF: Steelers @ Redskins

bresilhac
11-02-2008, 12:19 AM
CP has run for better than 120 yards in his last three games. Will the streak continue or will the vaunted Pittsburgh run defense shut him down? My guess is that Portis will have a very tough time getting to a one hundred yards so, the offensive onus will be heavily on Jason Campbell to make plays and maybe even to win the game. Defensively the Redskins have got to apply heavy pressure on Roethlisberger. I like the Redskins at home especially if it comes down to a tight game in the fourth quarter.

K-State Spur
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
he won't get 120, but he'll get enough to bring up the safeties into the box. play the usual solid defense and big ben will turn the ball over a couple times + get a few big plays in the passing game and the game will go well.

need to get a few guys healthy, but the steelers are one of the teams having similar injury concerns right now.

RsxPiimp
11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
we got this one.

i dont think he'll go past 120 but im sure he'll eclipse 100 yards in rushing.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Pitt is going to win this book it.:toast

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 03:15 PM
fuck, fuck, fuck! Go 'Skins! If they win, and go over 45 points combined, I win 400! That's gonna cover my gears money and some cheap shoes. I might even consider NBA LP

J.T.
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Want Skins to win but for Big Ben and Jeff Reed to get me 20 fantasy points.

K-State Spur
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
one thing is this:

if the redskins win, that means the republicans will hold the white house. but since that is unlikely to happen, it means that the redskins are unlikely to win. it's the chicken and the egg all over again!!!

bresilhac
11-03-2008, 06:48 PM
one thing is this:

if the redskins win, that means the republicans will hold the white house. but since that is unlikely to happen, it means that the redskins are unlikely to win. it's the chicken and the egg all over again!!!

That's funny. I had forgotten about that old adage. Though it is more likely that Washington wins tonight I still like Senator Obama's chances tomorrow. In other words one thing doesn't have to happen just because another thing did. It's just an old adage not based on anything substantial.

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 09:02 PM
We need some more points from both sides! let's get to 45 and a skins win!

K-State Spur
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
dammit.

the team has a shot to bury the stealers early and they let them hang around until they commit an enormous special teams gaffe. and just like that, you're trailing at the half.

going to have to open up the offense in the second half.

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Fucking Skins! come back from this.

K-State Spur
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
need to go back to Heyer at RT as well. Jansen is just purely overmatched. he's still a much better run blocker, but they're not running the ball anyways.

dirk4mvp
11-03-2008, 10:28 PM
lol, byron leftwich

the man still has a cannon

jack sommerset
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Cornhole just said "pretty impessive comeback for the Steelers". They are winning 17-6 with almost the whole half left. What a boob.

K-State Spur
11-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Ugghh. If they don't come back here, we're going to look at the play in the second quarter, with a 6-3 lead, and Ben throws the ball right in Rogers chest with nothing but green in front of him and he drops it (as he is prone to do, the worst hands in the league, regardless of position) as the play that the game might have hinged on.

The difference thus far is that the Steelers have made 2 or 3 plays and the Skins have made none.

bresilhac
11-04-2008, 12:21 AM
A tough loss. The story of the night has to be the incredible Steeler defense. They completely dominated the Redskins offense to the point that it was actually embarrassing for the offense to be on the field. As I predicted CP was all but shut down save for a couple of long runs that amounted to nothing in terms of affecting the outcome of the game. And yes, my compliments to Byron Leftwich who was nothing short of superb for Pittsburgh after Ben went out. I'll say this though tonight might well have been a portend of the upcoming Superbowl. I would not be surprised if it was.

Texas Chili Dog
11-04-2008, 01:40 AM
http://www.cowboys-video.com/images/cowboys_smilies/bash_skins.gif

RsxPiimp
11-04-2008, 03:13 AM
domination

skins sucks balls:sleep

Bigzax
11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
props to the Steelers for bringing the pain...

7 sacks...damn that's a good D!

i think the skins are a damn good team, but the steelers and giants are just on another level...

that said, i'm proud of our Defense...

and our punter sure seemed to be taking his sweet time back there...looked like he was getting the ball...lining up the laces...checking the air pressure...then kicking it...and it cost the team...doh!

and leftwhich, damn that man can sling that rock...

oh well...two weeks to look at tape, get some rest, and then it's bring on the boys...:smokin

Texas Chili Dog
11-04-2008, 10:16 AM
oh well...two weeks to look at tape, get some rest, and then it's bring on the boys...:smokin

The Boys, with about 75% of their roster fresh off the injury list, will indeed bring it. :smokin

btw, do you post over at extreme skins?

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Now I have no GoW money :(

Bigzax
11-04-2008, 10:32 AM
The Boys, with about 75% of their roster fresh off the injury list, will indeed bring it. :smokin

btw, do you post over at extreme skins?

yes sir...more of a luker these days, used to post alot back in the day...

screenname is

big z

i want the boys healthy and hungry...no fun beating brad johnson...

lets see what romo and jones can do!

Texas Chili Dog
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
yes sir...more of a luker these days, used to post alot back in the day...

screenname is

big z

i want the boys healthy and hungry...no fun beating brad johnson...

lets see what romo and jones can do!

ahh ok, I think I've seen that name around. My screen name is royallypwned.

Skins-Boys should be a good one, as always!