PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2008-2009 New Orleans Hornets Thread

BRHornet45
11-02-2008, 01:15 AM
sons we are looking good this year. It's only been 3 games, but so far so good. god bless

SpursDynasty
11-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Hornets will win 56 games. But they just don't have the mental toughness to win a 7 game series in the 2nd round in the West.

BRHornet45
11-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Hornets will win 56 games. But they just don't have the mental toughness to win a 7 game series in the 2nd round in the West.

son I respectfully disagree with that. god bless

RsxPiimp
11-02-2008, 01:21 AM
lol @ son:lol

Lakers2009champs
11-02-2008, 02:25 AM
I will be surprised if the Spurs didn't make the playoffs.

Anyway I see my Lakers vs the Hornets in the WCF

Lakers in 6.

Kai
11-02-2008, 03:39 AM

Thanks for your recap of last year.

The Hornets look really strong, the only knock would be depth. Where oh where would they be without CP3? That guy is AMAZING. I'm holding my predictions until the season progresses because we all know that nothing ever turns out the way you expect it to.

Killakobe81
11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
You guys look good in the WCF i only Rockets scare me more but i think in a 7 game series you will beat THEM but we have a better chance of beating the hornets ...matchups nd experience favor us ...

PG Paul vs. Fisher vs. Alson
BIG edge Hornets ...BUT we have DFish's experience and he is the best 3 point proven clutch playoff shooter of the 3 ...even an aging fish is more valuable in crunch time than Alston but not CP3

SG Bryant vs. Peterson vs. TMAC
HUGE edge Kobe ...best shoter most clutch best defese of the 3 TMAC best passer Kobe best finisher Petersen just a place holder like Radmonovich for us at the SF but it is what it is ...

SF Radmonovich vs Artest vs. Peja
Big edge artest.. defense rebouding toughness
shooting Peja edges Radmonovich way more consistent jumper than Artest Artest a more consistent player ....

PF Gasol vs. West vs. Landry
Defense goes to Landry over all scorer goes to west Post-up passing shot blocking Gasol a great matchup her slight edge Gasol because he can command double teams

C Yao vs. Chandler vs. Bynum
Yao is clearly the better player here right now when healthy BUT defensive presence Chandler is moree active though he doesnt block shot as well but he is the most mobile of the 3 ..Yao turn arond i the best weapon of the 3 and his size is teh toughest matchup ...bynum is the best combo (offense/defense) of the 3
I'd rank them right now as 1Yao 2Bynum 3chandler

Benches Battier, Brooks, Hayes Barry vs. Farmar, Odom, Ariza Sasha vs. Posey, James, Wright and Armstrong

Posey is best 6th man of the bunch HANDS down he is clutch ..great defender proven winner

Odom most versatile handle,post shaky jumper

Battier utlimate team player ....

out of the rest Brooks is the quickest backup gaurd
...Barry best shooter with sasha close 2nd ...
Ariza Wright most athletic guys of the bench guys i think Ariza is the better player but we'll see

Lakers have overall best bench when you have double double guy(odom) who has started for over 7 years leading that unit ...should be a great matchup Lakers get both of them soon on back to back nights I predict we will split those games ...getting our 1st loss of the season from one of them my gues is Hornets will beat us in NO

Kai
11-02-2008, 01:29 PM
You guys look good in the WCF i only Rockets scare me more but i think in a 7 game series you will beat THEM but we have a better chance of beating the hornets ...matchups nd experience favor us ...

PG Paul vs. Fisher vs. Alson
BIG edge Hornets ...BUT we have DFish's experience and he is the best 3 point proven clutch playoff shooter of the 3 ...even an aging fish is more valuable in crunch time than Alston but not CP3

SG Bryant vs. Peterson vs. TMAC
HUGE edge Kobe ...best shoter most clutch best defese of the 3 TMAC best passer Kobe best finisher Petersen just a place holder like Radmonovich for us at the SF but it is what it is ...

SF Radmonovich vs Artest vs. Peja
Big edge artest.. defense rebouding toughness
shooting Peja edges Radmonovich way more consistent jumper than Artest Artest a more consistent player ....

PF Gasol vs. West vs. Landry
Defense goes to Landry over all scorer goes to west Post-up passing shot blocking Gasol a great matchup her slight edge Gasol because he can command double teams

C Yao vs. Chandler vs. Bynum
Yao is clearly the better player here right now when healthy BUT defensive presence Chandler is moree active though he doesnt block shot as well but he is the most mobile of the 3 ..Yao turn arond i the best weapon of the 3 and his size is teh toughest matchup ...bynum is the best combo (offense/defense) of the 3
I'd rank them right now as 1Yao 2Bynum 3chandler

Benches Battier, Brooks, Hayes Barry vs. Farmar, Odom, Ariza Sasha vs. Posey, James, Wright and Armstrong

Posey is best 6th man of the bunch HANDS down he is clutch ..great defender proven winner

Odom most versatile handle,post shaky jumper

Battier utlimate team player ....

out of the rest Brooks is the quickest backup gaurd
...Barry best shooter with sasha close 2nd ...
Ariza Wright most athletic guys of the bench guys i think Ariza is the better player but we'll see

Lakers have overall best bench when you have double double guy(odom) who has started for over 7 years leading that unit ...should be a great matchup Lakers get both of them soon on back to back nights I predict we will split those games ...getting our 1st loss of the season from one of them my gues is Hornets will beat us in NO

Don't forget Scola and you aren't giving Chuck Hayes enough credit. Chuck Hayes is an amazing defender, VERY under appreciated.

NIH
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
How the hell do you have Bynum over Chandler? At least the Hornets can count on Chandler, Bynum hasn't even played a full season yet.

Allanon
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
How the hell do you have Bynum over Chandler? At least the Hornets can count on Chandler, Bynum hasn't even played a full season yet.

Chandler hasn't even played since the first game.

Luckily, Lakers have the Rockets coming on the 9th, Dallas on the 11th, and the Hornets on the 12th. Should set the pecking order straight.

NIH
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah, because three games> a season. Laker math everyone!