PDA

View Full Version : Sonics: Potapenko wants out

ducks
02-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Sonics: Potapenko wants out
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, February 17, 2005

News
Apparently grunge music and over-priced coffee are not enough to keep Vitaly Potapenko's interest. The Seattle Times reported on Thursday that the center has asked his agent, David Bauman, to request a trade away from the Emerald City because of his lack of playing time. Potapenko has played in only 11 games this season.

Views
Potapenko was a starter for the Sonics last season, but they were also only 24-26 at the All-Star break. Now they are 35-15 at the break and he hasn't seen the enough court time to have this year count towards his pension. Is it a coincidence? We'll let you decide. Vitaly clearly doesn't fit in with the up-temp style of this year's team, so the Sonics will likely send him packing if can get anything of value for him.

T Park
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmmm.

Is this guy worth anything???

Massenburg and Marks??

How big is his contract.

Spurminator
02-17-2005, 11:06 PM
To be quite frank, I think I'd rather have Massenburg. Besides, if he's upset with his PT in Seattle, I doubt he'll be much happier with Massenburg minutes.

exstatic
02-17-2005, 11:22 PM
He makes about $6M. Pretty much a bigger, whiter Malik Rose. He's an ending contract is about all that can be said for him.

Brodels
02-18-2005, 07:07 AM
I remember watching him play for the Celtics. He's got a nice soft touch, but he's about as stiff as they come.

I'll pass.

Gummi
02-18-2005, 07:53 AM
I love his toughness, but that's about it. I'd rather have Mass and Marks, plus Popovich isn't going to trade either of them unless it's for a better player, which Potapenko isn't.

BronxCowboy
02-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Since when does Potapenko have the leverage to convince the Sonics to trade him? Unless they're offered something good, I think they would be better off to just let his contract expire at the end of the season.