PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets inquire about Billups

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM
NBA sources said the Nuggets have inquired about obtaining Denver native Chauncey Billups from the Pistons for Allen Iverson. Because of Iverson's lucrative contract ($20.8 million) it would take more than Billups ($11 million), though .

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/11/02/shaq_isnt_fading_away/?page=3

Another rumour mentions that the Nuggets-Pacers are back in talks about Tinsley

Allanon
11-02-2008, 03:22 PM
That's an interesting rumor. I can't really see why the Pistons would pick up AI this late in the game though.

The Pistons and the Nuggets are in similar situations. They have talented rosters but will just not have enough to win a championship.

Killakobe81
11-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the move is made because Detroit want to shake up it's core ...and obviously get cap relief if Stuckkey continues to develop you can let AI walk if it doesnt work out ...Pistons should toss in Kwame Brown and cap filler

JamStone
11-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't be a bad deal for the Pistons. The core group of the Pistons need to be broken up at some point, and if the Pistons could package McDyess with Billups, then along with Rasheed, Iverson's expiring contract would allow for around $20 million in cap space. Probably can't get a superstar this summer because there really aren't any in free agency in 2009, but they could pick up two very good players that will really signify a change and moving towards a new Pistons team.

Killakobe81
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't be a bad deal for the Pistons. The core group of the Pistons need to be broken up at some point, and if the Pistons could package McDyess with Billups, then along with Rasheed, Iverson's expiring contract would allow for around $20 million in cap space. Probably can't get a superstar this summer because there really aren't any in free agency in 2009, but they could pick up two very good players that will really signify a change and moving towards a new Pistons team.

Jamstone ...you ready for that change? I know Pistons have come up short in ECF but desides DArko you have drafted well ...I think if used correctly Maxiell, Stuckey Kwame and Afflalo could be the best bench in the east ...starters are proven ...I think biggest issue is getting Rasheed in the post consistently no one can stop him on the block when he wants it ...

I say they add to their core and sutract one piece of if they go big Nene if he IS healthy or a Kaman and they give up Wallace i also think another scorer could help ...even if it's a bench guy ...because the other issue with Pistons are scoring draughts when jumpers arent falling if Sheed is not willing to get you guys easy buckets down low another scorer needs to be able to
get rip Billups Tay shots because they are not great creators of easy shots they work better within the offense ...

Killakobe81
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
They say the deal is coming Billups and Mydyess for AI ...i dont know i think denver is OBVIOUSLY better and i think people forget how good AI is horrible individual defender but a lineup of AI, Tay, Maxiell, wallace and Rip would be quick and active defensively with Stuckey Amir Afflalo Brown off the bench Keys would be Amir and Kwame stepping up agains biiger lineups curious what you guys think especially Jamstone or any Pistons fans ...