9 Oklahoma State
10 Boise State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

Holmes_Fans
11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Bama still has to play LSU and Auburn.
Tech still has to play Okie St and OU.
Penn ST. still has to play Mich St.

Going to be a fun few weeks in college football.

Texas in prime position to move back into the MNC.

lebomb
11-03-2008, 08:21 AM

Going to be a fun few weeks in college football.

Texas in prime position to move back into the MNC.

PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!

NoMoneyDown
11-03-2008, 10:31 AM

LSU may give Alabama some fits, but not Auburn - they stink. I think Alabama will face Florida for the SEC championship and get creamed.

Tech will likely lose to OU (can you say revenge?) and possibly OSU.

Penn St. will breeze through their remaining schedule. No B-10 championship to worry about.

So ...

Penn St. will more-than-likely be #1 at the end of the year. The real question will be who will be #2? If Texas wins out and TT gets beat by OU, it could be a toss-up b/w OU and UT with OU probably getting a higher ranking. But, if Florida can beat Alabama, they too could be sitting in the #2 seat with one loss.

Could prove to be another interesting year with 1-3 teams battling for the #2 spot. Perhaps more fodder for the pro-playoff crowd.

lebomb
11-03-2008, 11:09 AM
LSU may give Alabama some fits, but not Auburn - they stink. I think Alabama will face Florida for the SEC championship and get creamed.

Tech will likely lose to OU (can you say revenge?) and possibly OSU.

Penn St. will breeze through their remaining schedule. No B-10 championship to worry about.

So ...

Penn St. will more-than-likely be #1 at the end of the year. The real question will be who will be #2? If Texas wins out and TT gets beat by OU, it could be a toss-up b/w OU and UT with OU probably getting a higher ranking. But, if Florida can beat Alabama, they too could be sitting in the #2 seat with one loss.

Could prove to be another interesting year with 1-3 teams battling for the #2 spot. Perhaps more fodder for the pro-playoff crowd.

This shit is why we need a playoff period.........who in the hell knows who should be ranked where. :rolleyes

MajorMike
11-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I mean, seriously, at this point can you REALLY say there is a given in football?

Mizzou favored by double digits at home against OSU.
uo favored by double digits vs UT.
ttek a touchdown dog at home against UT.

UGA kills LSU and promptly gets waxed by Fla.

At this point, unfortunately, I have to say UT has a shot at getting back up there. If the games go as the bookie lines will be:
ttek beats OSU @ lummock
uo beats ttek @ snorman
OSU beats uo at Stillwater

This leaves ttek and UT both 1-loss, UT's loss a better one (arguably UT over uo), UT's schedule much better (UT had Mizzou/arKy while ttek had 2 Div II teams). Still, ttek would get the nod for the B12 game as a result of head-to-head over UT.

UT is just going to float in the rankings and wait for everyone else to lose. I think they have a very decent shot at jumping Penn St and would most likely be ranked ahead of ttek if they were to lose @ uo. Bama can lose to LSU this week.

Does anyone know is it possible for 2 teams from one conf to play for it all? I could seriously see ttek (if they win out) and UT 1/2, even over a no-loss PSU.

At least people are realizing that SC does not belong in the BCS game talk.

What's really going to be fun is watching all the gay raiders cheer for OSU over uo if uo does happen to beat ttek.

lebomb
11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
If Penn St. goes undefeated..........they will be in the BCS game period. You can etch that in stone. Im not sure who else will be there because its all bullshit after that. Noone can stake a claim at being there more than anyone else with a single loss.

Blake
11-03-2008, 11:26 AM
If Penn St. goes undefeated..........they will be in the BCS game period. You can etch that in stone.

the problem for Penn St is that the Big 10 is so weak.

Bama still has to play Florida and if Tech wins out, then they probably are neck and neck for the top spot.

lebomb
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
the problem for Penn St is that the Big 10 is so weak.

Bama still has to play Florida and if Tech wins out, then they probably are neck and neck for the top spot.

Yeah it may be weaker than many years............but its still Penn State. Also, they have won their games convincingly. I still say if Penn St. goes undefeated they will be there. JMHO. *shrugs*

Duff McCartney
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
The ranking system is bullshit. Only in the BCS can Oklahoma and USC cream their opponents and still drop down two spots each. OU from 4 to 6 and USC from 5 to 7

Flintstones32
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
There have been bigger upsets in the last couple years than if MSU beats Penn state. Always a chance.

cash459
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah it may be weaker than many years............but its still Penn State. Also, they have won their games convincingly. I still say if Penn St. goes undefeated they will be there. JMHO. *shrugs*

:wtf....i dont think that OSU game counts as convincingly.

that said. IF, and thats a BIG IF, Tech & Bama win out, there is NO way that Penn st. plays for a NC