PDA

View Full Version : League Pass Broadband blackouts?

ElNono
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Anybody else getting really weird games blacked out in NBALP Broadband?

I live in New Jersey, and looking at the schedule for next Wednesday Nov 5, I'm going to have these games blacked out:

Phoenix at Indiana
Charlotte at New York
Atlanta at New Orleans
San Antonio at Minnesota

I an understand New York. But the rest? They're not even blacked out on NBALP on the TV (except the Knicks), just on broadband.
I contacted NBALP support dept. and they answered with this:

Thank you for contacting NBA.com. I apoligize for the issue but the reason they are blacked out on the league pass broadband is because they are being televised on a major television network.

So I just reopened the ticket, asking them to describe what a 'Major television network' is... None of those games are being broadcast nationally.

Anybody else having this issue? Have you contacted their support about this?
I'm just curious if anybody has gotten any other responses.

Thompson
11-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Are the games on NBAtv? I think all of those are blacked out, and I think around 5-6 of the Spurs' games this year are on NBAtv.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I asked about it somewhere else the other day. I was really excited about this when the preview started and actually budgeted to buy it, but there's no way I'm going to pay money for it when they black out anything at the drop of a hat. For all its talk of being this big, progressive, international league, the NBA can't seem to do the simplest things correctly. I'm not sure why the archived mavericks games aren't available to me just because I live in Dallas. Black out the live feed if you really think it's going to force me to buy a ticket to the game, but unless I have a time machine, blacking out the replay doesn't help them at all.

Zee Laker
11-03-2008, 05:51 AM
I got this from another board, about this issue

I asked their customer support what was happening, and they said they were sorry and they were working on it. That's it.

ElNono
11-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks

ploto
11-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Normally the black outs are for local games, and all games on ABC, TNT, ESPN, and NBA-TV.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Normally the black outs are for local games, and all games on ABC, TNT, ESPN, and NBA-TV.

I don't understand why they'd black out a game on their own network, though. I wonder if they black out TSN games, too. That would also mean they'd need to black out games on WGN or MSG.

benefactor
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
This is the big reason I decided against paying for this. Between all the silly blackout rules and having to trust NBA.com, it seems like I would be paying to be pissed off. I pay taxes, so I have enough of that already.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone know if Audio league pass has been carrying the Spurs feeds so far? Every preseason game was the other team's broadcast. If that continues it looks like I'll be sitting in the car a lot listening to games.

ploto
11-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't understand why they'd black out a game on their own network, though. I wonder if they black out TSN games, too. That would also mean they'd need to black out games on WGN or MSG.

I know I have watched feeds from MSG on NBA LP before. I also have watched Bulls games that were also on WGN at the same time.

IIRC when games are on NBA-TV they have not been on NBA-LP.

The only time I have been unable to watch a NBA game is when the national network splits coverage and shows 2 games on a Sunday- one in some areas and the other in other areas- and I can not watch the one not on where I am. Otherwise, I have been able to watch every NBA game I wanted between ABC, ESPN, TNT, NBA TV, and NBA LP and the local coverage.

dmac
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Anyone know if Audio league pass has been carrying the Spurs feeds so far? Every preseason game was the other team's broadcast. If that continues it looks like I'll be sitting in the car a lot listening to games.

I don't think Sirius radio has these problems.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't think Sirius radio has these problems.

The Sirius schedule shows home team broadcasts only. I'd rather listen to it for free online or in the car.

sribb43
11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I live in Dallas and was wanting to watch an archived game from yesterday of Knicks/Cavs but it says that the game is not available due to blackout restrictions. I am thousands of miles from NY, why is this game not available to me?

I emailed league pass to see why this is. What the point of listing the games if we cant watch them?