PDA

View Full Version : Stocks likely to recover no matter who's president

ducks
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081102/ap_on_bi_ge/election_stock_market

PixelPusher
11-02-2008, 11:47 PM
This thread is destined to get bumped in the future.

robbie380
11-03-2008, 01:44 AM
stocks will not recover anytime soon. p/e's still too high and analyst estimates still too high.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 09:43 AM
The ones he doesn't bankrupt!

boutons_
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
fuck stocks and the airy-fairy made-up-shit (CDOs, DCSs, MBSs) financial sector, the only thing that matters is The Real Economy of jobs and wages.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Yes. No one in this country has ever created wealth through stocks! Only earned income will make you wealthy!

haha Great Boutons. Snap out of it.

boutons_
11-03-2008, 10:06 AM
"No one in this country has ever created wealth through stocks!"

Red herring, and not a "nice try".

Get back to us with how many $Ts the financial sector has robbed from retirement and pension plans of Real People

The super rich and corps have done very well or at least increased their wealth under dubya.

Households have stagnaed or lost real income in the same period.

A huge reason that many Repugs are voting Obama.

doobs
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
In other words, go ahead and vote for Obama.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Get back to us at how many $Ts the financial sector has made for retirement and pension plans of real people over the last 50 years.

It's no secret people playing the game get more out of portfolio income than earned income thanks to tax advantages and compound interest.

You can keep being the anti-capitalist that you are Great Boutons. Intelligent free-thinking people know stocks are a great tool to get up to the next level. You're the only one losing out Great Boutons.

People have been doing great under Dubya's term. If they did not save during the good times, they will get crushed right now. Tough fucking luck. Learn to manage your money better.

Your anti-capitalist bullshit posts are amusing but they are only hurting you my friend!

boutons_
11-03-2008, 10:22 AM
"People have been doing great under Dubya's term."

Link?

Real household income has been stagnant or declining while real expenses like health and college and food have been inflating.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
My link is my eyes.

Drachen
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
"People have been doing great under Dubya's term."

Link?

Real household income has been stagnant or declining while real expenses like health and college and food have been inflating.

I abhor all things Bush, but I think you just disproved your previous statment about real income, real people, etc. The fact of the matter is, that if you were to invest in a basic market index in 2003, you would still be up about 12% right now, even after the crash. The market is not only a good way for individuals to make money and "reach the next level" as it was so eloquently put, but it allows those same corporations that pay real wages to real people to raise capital to expand their operations and hire more real people and pay them more real wages. In light of that, the stock market has created wealth (not only increased wealth, but actually created new wealth that wasn't there before). It sucks what we are going through right now, and it sucks that some guys that have a lot more money than me have some power over my local economy and job in general, but people in those positions have also helped the economy since the inception of shared ownership (thanks Holland!).

SnakeBoy
11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
People have been doing great under Dubya's term. If they did not save during the good times, they will get crushed right now. Tough fucking luck. Learn to manage your money better.

In other words, the dumb asses who need to go back to elementary school.

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.

"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of toiling and moiling in that way?"

"I am helping to lay up food for the winter," said the Ant, "and recommend you to do the same."

"Why bother about winter?" said the Grasshopper; "We have got plenty of food at present." But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil.

When the winter came the Grasshopper had no food and found itself dying of hunger - while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew: It is best to prepare for days of need.

Twisted_Dawg
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
RE: Our Stock Market Recovering:

Yeah, I am sure that is the same shit the Japanese investors have been saying since the end of 1989 when their stock market peaked at 38,915.87. Then in 1990 it began it's slide down to 18 years of bear markets reaching a high of 20,700 on 4.13.2000 and a recent low of 7163 on 10.27.2008. Most of the time it has been in a trading range of 15,000.

We are close to following the same path Japan followed.

boutons_
11-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I read that Japan waited too long to react, and ended up with an L-curve recovery that lasted 10 years (sharp drop and then a long recovery).

US has reacted quicker, but no signs at all that Paulsen's robbery in support of his cronies is having any effect, esp on unfreezing credit markets.