PDA

View Full Version : Which Team has the best chance of defeating Team USA

Indazone
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I figure that if you could take the Lakers, Celtics, Phoenix, Cleveland, Detroit, Rockets and Spurs and run them up against Team USA which stands the best chance of winning. Now we have to make allowances for Team USA players to be on both the NBA Team and Team USA.

Celtics have really good chemistry and possibly Garnett could nullify Howard in the post. They also have Pierce and Allen so Pierce would nullify Kobe and Allen is as least as good as any Team USA player.

Rockets are stacked, Yao beats Howard, Artest and T-Mac could take on any sg and sf that Team USA has. Guard play is suspect with the Rockets though against the likes of D-Wade and CP3.

Lakers are long and their front court can compete with anyone. Kobe lights it up. But since we are letting Kobe be on both teams..the SF position cancels each other out.

Spurs - aging but Duncan again beats Howard in the post but Spurs are hurting with Oberto and Bowen on the team. But T-Parker and Ginobili can hold their own vs Kobe and CP3/D-Wade.

Phoenix again Shaq is better than Howard but Team USA's collective guards blows away the Suns. But Nash is also able to hold his own against any of Team USA's guards. Stoudamire would also give Team USA trouble.

Cleveland- Lebron cancels Lebron so the rest of the team looks weak. I don't think Cleveland could hang with Team USA.

Detroit - Hard nosed defense and Billups, Hamilton, McDyess, Wallace, and Johnson could give Team USA pause but I think the offensive firepower of Team USA would eventually wear Detroit down.

Allanon
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Nobody's defeating Team USA but I think:

1) Last year's Celtics could hang due to their Defense

and possibly

2) This year's Lakers could hang due to depth and size

and I suspect

3) The Rockets being stacked and big

Team USA's major weakness playing the NBA would be lack of size.

monosylab1k
11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
This has the be the most retarded fucking thread in the history of SpursTalk.

Even more retarded is that some dickheads actually voted. And not surprising at all, the Rocket Fans did the majority of the voting.

sook
11-02-2008, 11:40 PM
no offense but this thread is pretty stupid indazone

Kai
11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
It's more fun to compare past players and present players. It's kind of hard to imagine Kobe guarding Kobe.

sort of relevant:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2lthnj4.jpg

dirk4mvp
11-02-2008, 11:46 PM
what a dumbass thread

Kobe™
11-02-2008, 11:57 PM
This thread is Stupid.

Indazone
11-03-2008, 12:02 AM
lol and let the voting continue

angelbelow
11-03-2008, 12:14 AM
i voted rockets.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-03-2008, 12:32 AM
I voted retard forum.

BRHornet45
11-03-2008, 12:58 AM
son you put the Suns and Cavs in there, but not the Hornets???

Trainwreck2100
11-03-2008, 01:33 AM
son you put the Suns and Cavs in there, but not the Hornets???

chris paul would cancel out chris paul.