PDA

View Full Version : My look on the roster

Yogurt210
11-02-2008, 10:32 PM
IMO, here's our Roster Should be played when we have our full team.

Starting
Tony P - G
Mason Jr - SG
Bowen - SF
Duncan - PF
Ian Mahini - C

2nd String
George Hill - G
Manu Ginobili - SG
Ime Udoka - SF
Anthony Tolliver - PF
Fab Oberto - C

3rd String
J.Vaughn - G
M.Finley - SG
D.Farmar - SF
Matt Bonner - PF
Kurt Thomas - C

*notes
Mason and Mahini Should Start, they both give us athleticism to compliment the other starters for the team to play better. also give mahini more time to mesh with duncan, then we have a badd asss frontcourt. Mason is almost as good as manu so he fills the role good as a starter, leaving ginobili in charge of the 2nd string to give us that spark we need along with Tolliver and Hill. I think that the 2nd string will be a nice setup giving our starters a good break.

as far as the 3rd string goes..
finley is a good off the screen guy, but not good for creating shots for himself, therefore needing set plays for him..the other guys are just old...
bonner is an excellent shooter, but thats it and ugly defense....Farmar, eh he could be better, if he picks up his D and cut more, he could easily take Udoka's spot, cuz all Udoka does is fill in Bowen's spot, hes a horrible cutter, and playmaker, the only offense he has is hitting wide open 3 point shots...

thats what i think,
anyone agree?

but while manu is injured POP DEF NEEDS to give Mason more time, and start making plays for him. He could easily lead 2nd string or replace finley as starter..Mason is just Outstanding, I hope POP just utilizes him the correct way.

Flux451
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
All Udoka needs to do on offense is hit the wide open three.

xtremesteven33
11-02-2008, 11:09 PM
No way does Mahinmi beat out Oberto for the starting job. I dont even think he should take it. Maybe next year if he proves himself, but as of right now with no training camp or preaseason under his belt, i dont see this happening at all.

Manufan909
11-02-2008, 11:18 PM
How could anyone say Mason is as almost as good as Manu? That's like saying Bynum is as good as Shaq when he wore gold and purple.

I like your idea of Ian starting, but like xtreme said, it will be incredibly hard for Ian to start this year. I'm just hoping for him to be the first big off the bench come Christmas. a second unit of Hill, Manu, Ime, Ian, and KT would rock. Unless Ian turns out to be a bust, which I don't see happening. Shit, all he needs to do is get spoon-fed by the Big 3.

Yogurt210
11-02-2008, 11:18 PM
No way does Mahinmi beat out Oberto for the starting job. I dont even think he should take it. Maybe next year if he proves himself, but as of right now with no training camp or preaseason under his belt, i dont see this happening at all.

way more athletic than FAB, we def. need an actual Center who can throw down the ball, run down the lane and just slam it down, or go for alley hoops. it may take a few games to mesh and become comfortable, but once he does, it's hella good for the long run. Fab is just a clean up guy.

Yogurt210
11-02-2008, 11:19 PM
How could anyone say Mason is as almost as good as Manu? That's like saying Bynum is as good as Shaq when he wore gold and purple.

keyword : almost

of course no one is close to him, but mason is comes the closest to fill in that spot on our current roster. right?

exstatic
11-02-2008, 11:23 PM

I like your idea of Ian starting, but like xtreme said, it will be incredibly hard for Ian to start this year. I'm just hoping for him to be the first big off the bench come Christmas. a second unit of Hill, Manu, Ime, Ian, and KT would rock. Unless Ian turns out to be a bust, which I don't see happening. Shit, all he needs to do is get spoon-fed by the Big 3.

Mason isn't as good as Manu, but Manu needs to come off the bench. Experience has proved that strategy helps to even the shots and scoring with the Big Three. Mason is better than Finley, so he should start.

The only place Mahinmi will start is Austin.

Manufan909
11-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Meh, if he gets his scoring avg to 17 I'll agree. But he'll still be missing all of Manu's intangibles, plus he won't be getting anyone into foul trouble, and he needs to make up for Barry too. 7.1 won't be too hard to replace, though. I guess you could say Farmer is supposed to deal with that, he's almost there, averaging 5 pts a game if I'm correct. Course, he only played once.

He seems to be superior in the defending department, but I'll wait for December before I make a serious analysis. But count me on the Mason bandwagon, if it isn't full already!!!
:downspin:

mfanatic
11-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Tony
Manu
Udoka
Duncan
Ian

Hill
Mason
Bowen
Thomas
Oberto

I like that, we use our second unit to actually STOP the opposing team from scoring, pressuring them from using their starters more, while Mason does most of the scoring in that unit.
I'd also like to see:
Parker
Mason
Manu
Duncan
Ian
.. for very short stretches just to score in rapid fashion.

Manufan909
11-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Tony
Manu
Udoka
Duncan
Ian

Hill
Mason
Bowen
Thomas
Oberto

I like that, we use our second unit to actually STOP the opposing team from scoring, pressuring them from using their starters more, while Mason does most of the scoring in that unit.
I'd also like to see:
Parker
Mason
Manu
Duncan
Ian
.. for very short stretches just to score in rapid fashion.

Hopefully that's the rotation by the allstar break.

timvp
11-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Mason is almost as good as manu Fail. I'd take Manu over three Masons.

It'd be awesome if Ian Mahinmi were given a chance to start at some point but I don't see that happening. Although if KT and Fab don't impress, Pop may literally have no other option.

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2008, 01:08 AM
I agree with you TimVP, but I do think that Pop will have no other option at some point..I think he'll throw Ian in the mix in December, and I hope he does..so we can at least see what we have here, and see if he's actually worth a roster spot..

Oberto would be very good off the bench playing with Manu..they obviously have great chemistry together..

Manufan909
11-03-2008, 01:15 AM
True. I do hope KT gets better though, if Ian and Fab are the only consistent bigs not name Tim, the Spurs will have it tougher than everyone else in the playoffs, unless 2005 Manu stars come June.

Thompson
11-03-2008, 01:18 AM
I might like:

Parker
Mason
Udoka
Duncan
Ian

Hill
Manu
Bowen
Tolliver
Oberto

Finley
Thomas

With Vaughn, Bonner, and Farmer on the IR. These lineups would spread the new guys out with 3 relative veterans.

SequSpur
11-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Manu doesn't even play.

1/4 Mason > Manu

Yogurt210
11-03-2008, 01:37 AM
im sorry but really dont like Udoka at all. hes way too soft for someone as big as him. and really has NO athleticism for someone as young and in shape as he is. not as consistent as bowen on the defensive end as Bowen is, and needs to be traded soon, i hope. unless he improved his game a bit.

id say bye to udoka, vaughn and bonner, great guys...but as of now, they are just fillers.

Manufan909
11-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Hell, he's strong as hell for his size, though. Didn't you say something about that, timvp?

DROB4EVER
11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
IMO, here's our Roster Should be played when we have our full team.

Starting
Tony P - G
Mason Jr - SG
Bowen - SF
Duncan - PF
Ian Mahini - C

2nd String
George Hill - G
Manu Ginobili - SG
Ime Udoka - SF
Anthony Tolliver - PF
Fab Oberto - C

3rd String
J.Vaughn - G
M.Finley - SG
D.Farmar - SF
Matt Bonner - PF
Kurt Thomas - C

*notes
Mason and Mahini Should Start, they both give us athleticism to compliment the other starters for the team to play better. also give mahini more time to mesh with duncan, then we have a badd asss frontcourt. Mason is almost as good as manu so he fills the role good as a starter, leaving ginobili in charge of the 2nd string to give us that spark we need along with Tolliver and Hill. I think that the 2nd string will be a nice setup giving our starters a good break.

as far as the 3rd string goes..
finley is a good off the screen guy, but not good for creating shots for himself, therefore needing set plays for him..the other guys are just old...
bonner is an excellent shooter, but thats it and ugly defense....Farmar, eh he could be better, if he picks up his D and cut more, he could easily take Udoka's spot, cuz all Udoka does is fill in Bowen's spot, hes a horrible cutter, and playmaker, the only offense he has is hitting wide open 3 point shots...

thats what i think,
anyone agree?

but while manu is injured POP DEF NEEDS to give Mason more time, and start making plays for him. He could easily lead 2nd string or replace finley as starter..Mason is just Outstanding, I hope POP just utilizes him the correct way.

Im with ya man. I would like to see Ian off the bench, just to give us some energy but if he starts I wouldnt gripe about it.

TDMVPDPOY
11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
ian starting? he hasnt proven shit to get the starting position, face palm

mathbzh
11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think Ian should start (not yet). He may be a valuable option against 2nd or 3 string centers but I can't imagine him playing against starters for the moment. Hopefully I am wrong.

Dr. Gonzo
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
I think we should pick up Morris Almond and let him start over Manu and Mason.

Yogurt210
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
ian starting? he hasnt proven shit to get the starting position, face palm

Yes Ian Starting, give him time to build chemistry with duncan and learn to play with him, then its def. gameover for other teams. you gotta give the kid a chance and some time..its not really one person, its how the team plays as one..and i think he could fit in...we just need an athletic big man who can block and throw it down, when need be. no credit away from Oberto tho...hes just not as athletic, play plays well with Manu, hence that why i put him with second string with manu, to keep our team going...and to provide that spark. its time to build towards our future..and starting thomas, doesnt help..since he dont have much left in the tank..

so think about the future..b4 you make quick judgements...