PDA

View Full Version : What I don't get about Romo/Dallas fans

MajorMike
11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Is how everyone thinks that as soon as Romo comes back, all will be well in irving and the team will be the SB fave again.

Maybe its just me, but I didn't realize Romo was keeping the DBs from looking like crap and the DL from getting trashed and the OL from letting Barber get hit in the backfield all the time. He must be WAY better than I thought.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
He's been getting all the blame for how bad they played before he got hurt, but now he's going to be the savior and somehow start putting pressure on the other team's quarterback and keep linemen from jumping while throwing for 350 yards.

BUMP
11-03-2008, 12:39 PM
im worried that this team will just go back to thinking "Oh Romo's back now all we have to do is show up and we will get the win." and we will right back to square 1.

Romo should energize this team but right now we are 5-4. we might have to go 6-1 just to get in. if we play like we did the first 3 games, we might be able to do it, but there's a serious chance we dont make the playoffs. i mean we HAVE to win all our home games against NYG, BAL, SF, and SEA cause then we go on the road against Pittsburgh, Philly, and Washington

leemajors
11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
i certainly don't think that. romo is mobile, but with rushers pouring in the gaping holes left by the tackles no one could escape easily. Boys will have to go 5-2 with a damn tough schedule to get a wild card berth. And that's not even addressing the defensive woes.

BacktoBasics
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Romo's presence will improve the run game because he's a threat. The o-line does need to play better. Felix should be back as well. The offense isn't all that bad and go ahead and add a decent Roy Williams to the mix.

The defense has looked better the last two games and thats without what 3 or 4 defensive difference makers. At least they look better and Newman can help relieve some pressure when he gets back to game shape.

It really boils down to coaching for me. Play calling needs to be better on both ends of the ball especially on the offensive side. Defensive play calling has improved since Wade took over. Fucking penalties are a joke they have got to figure out a way to show some god damn dicipline or they'll get nowhere late in the season. Every 70 yards they give up in penalties is like handing a touchdown to your opponent. They're practically giving up two TDs worth of penalties a game.

mexicanjunior
11-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Is how everyone thinks that as soon as Romo comes back, all will be well in irving and the team will be the SB fave again.

I don't, season was over after the Rams game. Romo will help this team get over .500 but that won't be enough to make the wild card in the NFC. I would sit Romo for the year and make our 2nd round pick better (we dont have our first rounder anymore). Then I would clean house in the offseason, starting with the coaching staff...

jack sommerset
11-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't, season was over after the Rams game. Romo will help this team get over .500 but that won't be enough to make the wild card in the NFC. I would sit Romo for the year and make our 2nd round pick better (we dont have our first rounder anymore). Then I would clean house in the offseason, starting with the coaching staff...

:lol

traitoravery
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
It is going to be great... When they lose after the Bye week and the really start to cry...

to21
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Romo is Jesus fools!!!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes our defense isn't great... but it's alot harder to score when the other team isn't going 3 and out on every single possession

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Plus.. the bye week is coming at a great time... the Cowboys have a TON of injuries.

samikeyp
11-05-2008, 06:23 PM

Maybe its just me, but I didn't realize Romo was keeping the DBs from looking like crap and the DL from getting trashed and the OL from letting Barber get hit in the backfield all the time. He must be WAY better than I thought.

Yes because all Cowboys fans think alike. :rolleyes

Many of us here were mentioning those problems with the DB's and O-line before Romo went out.

I wish it was just Romo's absence.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes because all Cowboys fans think alike. :rolleyes

You have to admit that you've heard that a lot. I think Randy Galloway refers to them as "Cowsheep". That's probably a better term for differentiation purposes.

samikeyp
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
You have to admit that you've heard that a lot. I think Randy Galloway refers to them as "Cowsheep". That's probably a better term for differentiation purposes.

I am sure quite a few do, as is the case with most fanbases. Stillwater Boy was implying all of us when in fact, that is not the case.

Whisky Dog
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
The biggest let down has been the O line.

Adams sucks so bad it's almost inconcievable from how he had been in his career up to this point. Nobody is firing off the ball. I can't believe this is a Hudson Houck coached unit.

samikeyp
11-05-2008, 06:32 PM

Adams sucks so bad it's almost inconcievable from how he had been in his career up to this point. Nobody is firing off the ball. I can't believe this is a Hudson Houck coached unit.

Agreed...its started in the Washington game and has gone downhill from there.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
You guys should trade OL with the Raiders.

tonylongoriafan
11-05-2008, 07:01 PM
i think it's more of a balance...the defense played manageable in the last 2 games with absolutely no offense. the frustrating part is that we all know the potential for explosion the offense has, regardless of the o-line's short comings. 10-6 may get it done and once we're in, anything can happen.

so yes, romo coming back is a big deal, it changes the whole dynamic of the game. offense, field position, special teams, etc...it's all relative.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 07:09 PM

Adams had something dinged up in his shoulder; seems like he couldn't raise his arm or something. I don't really blame a player for staying in the game, I blame the coaching staff for not recognizing it and replacing him.

Whisky Dog
11-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Adams had something dinged up in his shoulder; seems like he couldn't raise his arm or something. I don't really blame a player for staying in the game, I blame the coaching staff for not recognizing it and replacing him.

When did that happen? Adams has been playing like shit for over a month now, so if it was recently he had already started getting beaten before this, but it could have been other nagging injuries.

If that's true that he can't raise his arm, it's absolutely ridiculous to think he can block the edge.

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm more excited for the return of Felix Jones

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 08:55 AM
When did that happen? Adams has been playing like shit for over a month now, so if it was recently he had already started getting beaten before this, but it could have been other nagging injuries.

If that's true that he can't raise his arm, it's absolutely ridiculous to think he can block the edge.

I think it happened about the same time guys started treating him like a turnstile.

DBryant88
11-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm more excited for the return of Felix Jones

Me to and for the return of Terence Newman

LakerHater
11-07-2008, 12:02 AM
http://view.atdmt.com/HBO/view/tmncnchl0210000007hbo/direct/01/944554 (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh=v8/3771/3/0/%2a/l%3B206690110%3B0-0%3B0%3B14111653%3B4307-300/250%3B27791617/27809496/1%3B%3B%7Eokv%3D%3Bspt%3Dfootball_nfl%3Bslug%3Dto% 3Bslug%3Dap%3Bpath%3D2008%3Bpath%3Dfootball%3Bpath %3Dnfl%3Bpath%3D11%3Bpath%3D06%3Bpath%3Dto_ap%3Bfi le%3Dindex_html%3B%7Eaopt%3D2/1/b04/0%3B%7Esscs%3D%3fhttp://clk.atdmt.com/HBO/go/tmncnchl0210000007hbo/direct/01/)http://view.atdmt.com/HBO/view/tmncnchl0210000007hbo/direct/01/944554 (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh=v8/3771/3/0/%2a/l%3B206690110%3B0-0%3B0%3B14111653%3B4307-300/250%3B27791617/27809496/1%3B%3B%7Eokv%3D%3Bspt%3Dfootball_nfl%3Bslug%3Dto% 3Bslug%3Dap%3Bpath%3D2008%3Bpath%3Dfootball%3Bpath %3Dnfl%3Bpath%3D11%3Bpath%3D06%3Bpath%3Dto_ap%3Bfi le%3Dindex_html%3B%7Eaopt%3D2/1/b04/0%3B%7Esscs%3D%3fhttp://clk.atdmt.com/HBO/go/tmncnchl0210000007hbo/direct/01/)
IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Terrell Owens (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3664) admited what his Dallas teammates couldn't a month ago -- at least publicly: The Cowboys were springing leaks long before Tony Romo (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6624) broke his pinkie and their Super Bowl hopes started sinking.
Owens said doubt crept in as early as the first month of the season, when the Cowboys lost their first game against Washington then answered with an unimpressive victory against then-winless Cincinnati.
After beating the Bengals, the Cowboys complained about having to defend a win and reminded everyone they were 4-1. They did at least acknowledge that what they were saying for the cameras might be different from what they were telling each other. Owens said it for the cameras Wednesday, during Dallas' bye week.
"I think the loss to Washington made a lot of people raise a lot of eyebrows," Owens said. "I think those two games alone kind of let everybody in this locker room know you got to have sort of a self check like, 'OK, we're probably not as good as we think we are, or probably not as good as hyped."'
The Cowboys went 1-2 without Romo after he injured his throwing hand during the first play of overtime in a loss to Arizona. The offense was anemic in all three games, even setting a franchise record for fewest yards in a win when they beat Tampa Bay 13-9.
But Dallas was 1-2 in the last three games with Romo, too, always scoring enough points to win but going through uncharacteristically long stretches of ineffectiveness on offense while the defense struggled to make key stops.
If they want to latch on to something positive, the Cowboys have this: The Redskins rematch -- on Nov. 16 -- could be the first time on the field together for Romo, Owens, recently acquired receiver Roy Williams (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6766), tight end Jason Witten (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6405), running back Marion Barber (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/7285) and budding star Felix Jones (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/8799), a rookie who backs up Barber and has emerged as a kickoff return ace.
Witten is trying to play through a broken rib from the Tampa Bay game, and Jones is expected to return after missing the same amount of time as Romo with a hamstring injury.
"When you go in with a full deck of cards, everybody in their starting positions, you go in with a lot of energy, high expectations, as we did earlier in the year," Owens said. "It seems like one by one, at different positions, guys have been going down. It's very unfortunate, but there are two halves to the season."
It's been three-fourths of a season since Owens had a 100-yard game. He's averaging less than four catches and barely 50 yards per game this season, but he hasn't come close to complaining about it since he was criticized for saying after the Washington game that he needed to get the ball more. He made the comments after catching seven passes, taking two handoffs and having 11 other balls thrown his way.
"I can sit up here and say I need the ball more, then you guys will go back and dissect how many balls are thrown my way so I'm not going to get into that," Owens said. "I know I am a playmaker. I've always been that, and I still consider myself that. I think it shows when I get my hands on the ball, things happen."
Instead of building the best record in the NFC like they did last year, the Cowboys find themselves in last place in the NFC East more than halfway through the season. But Owens says that hasn't changed the team's outlook.
"We're still a very confident group of guys," Owens said. "As a unit, we know why we aren't winning. We just have to get those mistakes corrected."

Doesn't look good for Cowturd fans!! Stick a fork in'um!!:rollin

mrspurs
11-07-2008, 09:21 AM
i certainly don't think that. romo is mobile, but with rushers pouring in the gaping holes left by the tackles no one could escape easily. Boys will have to go 5-2 with a damn tough schedule to get a wild card berth. And that's not even addressing the defensive woes.

Bottom line is Romo was starting a horrible trend. He kept forcing the ball into the endzone once he drove the team to it. Those are team killers. And noone is to blame but Romo. The boys have alot of faults, but when they started the season most of the faults from last season had gone away. Then Romo kept his trend of throwing picks. After that, you have the dummies like TO,Pacman,Flozell and his false starts. Then a handful of injuries. If Romo wants the respect from his teamates first of all the cowboys have to get rid of TO. And I think they did when they grabbed Roy. And second, you have to stop turning the ball over. Those are on Romo and noone else for the most part. The line blocked the receivers ran their routes and Tony throws into double and triple coverage. You cant blame that on anyone but him. He is very young and very talented, but he hasnt found a medium. He's either on fire or flat. He's either happy or sad. There is no inbetween with Romo yet and with guys named TO they wont ever have the chance to get him there. Lose the dummies and then the changes will happen.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Bottom line is Romo was starting a horrible trend. He kept forcing the ball into the endzone once he drove the team to it. Those are team killers. And noone is to blame but Romo. The boys have alot of faults, but when they started the season most of the faults from last season had gone away. Then Romo kept his trend of throwing picks. After that, you have the dummies like TO,Pacman,Flozell and his false starts. Then a handful of injuries. If Romo wants the respect from his teamates first of all the cowboys have to get rid of TO. And I think they did when they grabbed Roy. And second, you have to stop turning the ball over. Those are on Romo and noone else for the most part. The line blocked the receivers ran their routes and Tony throws into double and triple coverage. You cant blame that on anyone but him. He is very young and very talented, but he hasnt found a medium. He's either on fire or flat. He's either happy or sad. There is no inbetween with Romo yet and with guys named TO they wont ever have the chance to get him there. Lose the dummies and then the changes will happen.

Hey, you're not just a dumbfuck when it comes to basketball. You also know nothing about football!

to21
11-07-2008, 10:27 AM
^ :lmao

That post read like one long run-on sentence, even with the punctuation.