PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni Takes Shots At Isiah

Spurs Brazil
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55227/20081103/dantoni_takes_shots_at_isiah/

D'Antoni Takes Shots At Isiah

Nov 03, 2008 8:14 AM EST
On Sunday night Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni took a few subtle shots at former team president and coach Isiah Thomas for what he created in New York.

"We're trying to navigate some waters that really are muddy, and we didn't muddy them," D'Antoni said. "They were already muddied."

Two of Isiah's signature moves, trading for Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry, have created huge issues for the Knicks this season.

lefty
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
What an asshole.

He knew what he was getting when he signed his big fat overrated contract.

jack sommerset
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
What an asshole.

He knew what he was getting when he signed his big fat overrated contract.

Asshole? I guess he really will fit in New York!

JamStone
11-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't really see how that's taking a shot at Isiah really. But, ok.

z0sa
11-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Don't really see how that's taking a shot at Isiah really. But, ok.

Since Isiah is the only person who could have muddied the waters, how is it not?

JamStone
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Because Marbury as a problem has as much to do with his attitude and his crazy incidents as it does with the Knicks acquiring him. And, Eddy Curry's inability to get in good basketball shape is more on him than an organization putting some faith in a talented 7-footer.

I think it's just as much an indictment on the individual players themselves if not more so than it is the fact that the Knicks acquired those players.

Isiah also selected Nate Robinson and David Lee in the draft. Are those muddied problems for the Knicks?

If Eddy Curry would actually work out and get in shape, he wouldn't be a muddied problem. If Marbury wasn't a nutcase, he wouldn't be a muddied problem.

TheMACHINE
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Since Isiah is the only person who could have muddied the waters, how is it not?

but is it really "taking a shot".

z0sa
11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
but is it really "taking a shot".

What else would you call a comment like that?

z0sa
11-03-2008, 03:44 PM
D'Antoni went from a (recently) perennial contender to a perennial loser. He's getting a little bitter with his decision and wants to point a finger early and often.

JamStone
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Possible translation: "We're dealing with huge attitude problems from Marbury and Curry, but they had attitude problems before Donnie Walsh and I got here anyway."

I think at best it's an indirect shot at Isiah. More likely, it's a shot at Marbury and Curry already being attitude problems before this season.

21_Blessings
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
What else would you call a comment like that?

Reality

z0sa
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Possible translation: "We're dealing with huge attitude problems from Marbury and Curry, but they had attitude problems before Donnie Walsh and I got here anyway."

I think at best it's an indirect shot at Isiah. More likely, it's a shot at Marbury and Curry already being attitude problems before this season.

Who's responsible for bringing them in again? I thought it was Isiah Thomas for both of those.

pauls931
11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55227/20081103/dantoni_takes_shots_at_isiah/

On Sunday night Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni took a few subtle shots at former team president and coach Isiah Thomas for what he created in New York.

"We're trying to navigate some waters that really are muddy, and we didn't muddy them," D'Antoni said. "They were already muddied."

Two of Isiah's signature moves, trading for Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry, have created huge issues for the Knicks this season.

http://socs.dit.ie/image_upload/Drama%20queen%20t-shirt%20front%20.jpg

JMarkJohns
11-03-2008, 05:42 PM

LMAO... D'Antoni wouldn't even be a name if Thomas hadn't traded for Marbury in 2004. Without it, D'Antoni is stuck with the same nowhere team that got his predecessor Frank Johnson canned.

He should be thanking Thomas for muddying up the water for him.

timtonymanu
11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
D'Antoni's a bitch anyway.

JamStone
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Who's responsible for bringing them in again? I thought it was Isiah Thomas for both of those.

Who's muddy? Curry and Marbury. They were muddy before this season. He could just as easily be talking specifically about the two players. It's searching to automatically assume he's talking about Isiah. Not saying he's not at all. But, I don't think you can safely assume it's a shot at Isiah. If you want to believe that, fine. I'm giving a different opinion.

Exampe: "These two players should have never been brought to the Knicks. It was a mistake to trade for these two problem players."

That's a shot at Isiah. Saying there are muddy waters and they were muddy before is vague enough to not be viewed as a shot specifically at Isiah.

angelbelow
11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
lol

m33p0
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
this thread is really muddy, and i didn't muddy it. it was already muddied.

RsxPiimp
11-04-2008, 04:04 AM
i dont like d'antoni but he's right.

freakin pill poppin boy ruined the knick franchise further.

Spurs Brazil
11-04-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55241/20081104/walsh_dantoni_in_rift_about_marbury/

Walsh, D'Antoni In Rift About Marbury

Nov 04, 2008 4:14 AM EST
Knicks' president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni do not appear to be on the same page about the handling of Stephon Marbury in New York after all, the New York Daily News is reporting.

D'Antoni has benched Marbury for the entire season so far, and things do not look to change any time soon. Marbury is the team's highest paid player and will come off the books after the completion of the season.

When questioned on the logic behind not playing Marbury since he is on the roster, healthy and under contract, Walsh replied, "That's the whole point. That's the whole point. I would agree with that."

Walsh met with D'Antoni and Marbury before and after Monday's practice in Greenburgh regarding the veteran point guard's status and future. Walsh says he wants to resolve the matter but also admitted, "I don't even know if there are issues."

"I want to see where we can get to the point where it's good for (Marbury) and it's good for our franchise, and we don't have an issue and I don't have all these people asking me these questions," Walsh said. "This issue will be dealt with. I want to make sure everybody is on page with what we want to do."