PDA

View Full Version : AP: Barack Obama's grandmother dies.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
BC-APNewsAlert

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Barack Obama says his grandmother died Monday.

APTV-11-03-08 1533CST

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I see Obama's recent trip to Hawaii was a successful mission.

mmmm hmmmm

mmhmm

mmhhmmm

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
what a politcally move!

if maccain stopped his campain for his grandmother
obama would call it a politcally move

he is just trying to get more votes
it makes him look good

It's a shame she didn't get to see her grandson get elected President.

timvp
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
:td R.I.P.

balli
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Rip

lurker
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Poor Barack. :( He gets to make history tomorrow and his grandmother won't be around to see it.

implacable44
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
i am amazed he could contact her -- you know being how difficult it seems to be for him to get in contact with his aunt or half aunt --

Findog
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Obama killed her to create sympathy on the eve of the election

/Board Republicans

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
i am amazed he could contact her -- you know being how difficult it seems to be for him to get in contact with his aunt or half aunt --

You stay classy :tu

ChumpDumper
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
i am amazed he could contact her -- you know being how difficult it seems to be for him to get in contact with his aunt or half aunt --Classy.

Go fuck yourself, you miserable piece of shit.

balli
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Obama isn't an INS agent and I don't think the point of this thread is to rip into the man. Fuck off.

PixelPusher
11-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh well.

A yeoman's job by both Oh, Gee! and Shastafarian to set a fire line early on, but there's just too many of them to account for.

implacable44
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Classy.

Go fuck yourself, you miserable piece of shit.

no .. i got mamma dungdumper for that.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
no .. i got mamma dungdumper for that.My mom is also dead, so keep it up you fucking idiot.

clambake
is this guy and wild cobra running neck and neck on the shit meter?

implacable44
Obama isn't an INS agent and I don't think the point of this thread is to rip into the man. Fuck off.

i didnt rip into him .. i just stated I am glad he was able to contact her and be with her before she passed. RIP ... Hopefully he will be able to contact his aunt soon too.

implacable44
11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
My mom is also dead, so keep it up you fucking idiot.

oh well then who is that women claiming to be her ?

PM5K
It's a shame she didn't get to see her grandson get elected President.

Shastafarian
i didnt rip into him .. i just stated I am glad he was able to contact her and be with her before she passed. RIP ... Hopefully he will be able to contact his aunt soon too.

Why are you such a miserable piece of shit? Were you not loved as a child or something?

lurker
I think implacable44 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2843) just hit a new level of fail.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
It is horrible that a grandmother would not get to see her grandson become president w/ only one day away.

That's just not right.

whottt
11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Shastafarian was the one who politicized this thread...and everyone that's ignoring it should also go fuck themselves.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I had this discussion with a family member this weekend.

There are family members I care about, and some I don't or don't care if I lose contact with. Does this mean I have to be held responsible for the crimes of my cousins or uncles should I ever decide to run for public office, even if I haven't spoken with them since I was a child?

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Shastafarian was the one who politicized this thread...and everyone that's ignoring it should also go fuck themselves.

What does politicizing it have to do with implacable shitting on her grave?

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
what?

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
what?

I think he's talking about me saying it's a shame she didn't get to see her grandson get elected President. I guess that's "politicizing" it.

romad_20
11-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Wow, what a douche. Its been over 20 years since I've even heard from the majority of my family on my dad's side. what fucking difference does it make to people like you? You always know what's best for others, right?

RIP

Feel for the man. I would be pretty shaken up if I lost my grandmother on the eve of probably the best day of my life. Weird mix of emotions.

implacable44
11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Why are you such a miserable piece of shit? Were you not loved as a child or something?

well I wa sloved -- I mean not the way that Uncle Joy loved on you -- or how Grandpa bill was telling you it was normal and that was how grandpas showed love ... but yes I was and am loved.

whottt
11-03-2008, 05:04 PM
My bad...it was OG that did it...then Shasta, then Findog.

All you guys did was use this an excuse to tee off on members of the board you disagree with..those were the first words out of your mouth...don't you pieces of shit dare get idignant.

Whores.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
This douchebag just keeps digging himself in deeper.

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
well I wa sloved -- I mean not the way that Uncle Joy loved on you -- or how Grandpa bill was telling you it was normal and that was how grandpas showed love ... but yes I was and am loved.

I see my questions was misguided. It shouldn't be "were you not loved as a child". It should be, "why should I care what you say when you're clearly not old enough to wipe your own ass". My mistake.

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:06 PM

All you guys did was use this an excuse to tee off on members of the board you disagree with..those were the first words out of your mouth...don't you pieces of shit dare get idignant.

Whores.

Disagree with? I quoted ducks and his original insensitive remarks to show how much of an asshole he is.

Anti.Hero
See, I could be a real asshole and say

Destroy all evidence.

But I kept it classy.

implacable44
Look I feel for the man and I said as much -- I am glad he got to spend time with her - and were it not for the " before he gets elected President" comment - I would not have commented on his apparent lack of ability to get in touch with his aunt -- when everyone else in the world can...

doobs
11-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Is this the racist grandma?

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Look I feel for the man and I said as much -- I am glad he got to spend time with her - and were it not for the " before he gets elected President" comment - I would not have commented on his apparent lack of ability to get in touch with his aunt -- when everyone else in the world can...

Sounds like House Republicans getting their feelings hurt when Pelosi gave a partisan speech.

PixelPusher
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
See, I could be a real asshole and say

Destroy all evidence

But I kept it classy.

How passive-aggressive of you.

KenMcCoy
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
As anti Obama as I am...it sucks that she didn't make it to see her grandson make history.

RIP

whottt
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Disagree with? I quoted ducks and his original insensitive remarks to show how much of an asshole he is.

That's right...you drug your board BS with another poster into this thread, right off the bat....

The only guy who beat you to it was Oh Gee who did it in the first fucking reply in this thread.

The reason this thread is a bunch of people arguing instead of a condolence thread is because of you and guys like you...

You started the shit in this thread...you drug the politics into it.

So don't act all outraged at the insensitivity when what you did was every bit as insensitive and opportunistic political whoring...

You, Oh Gee and Findog don't give a shit about his gradmother death and you proved by your initial reactions...in fact the first thought that crossed you guys mind was that this might get Obama some sympathy votes...you fool no one.

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Whores.

I teed off on an idiot for suggesting that Barack's recent Hawaii trip had more to do with forging a birth certificate than visiting a dying relative. I guess you could call that getting "idignant."

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
That's right...you drug your board BS with another poster into this thread, right off the bat....

The only guy who beat you to it was Oh Gee who did it in the first fucking reply in this thread.

The reason this thread is a bunch of people arguing instead of a condolence thread is because of you and guys like you...

So don't act all outraged at the insensitivity when what you did was every bit as insensitive and opportunistic political whoring...

Sorry if I was outraged at what ducks had said in the other thread on this matter. I felt it was necessary to show people what he said since the woman has passed away. What I did was not insensitive.

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I teed off on an idiot for suggesting that Barack's recent Hawaii trip had more to do with forging a birth certificate than visiting a dying relative. I guess you could call that getting "idignant."

you whore.

whottt
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM

You did it in the first fucking post in the thread...you didn't even say shit about him losing his grandmother...all you did was quote anti-hero.

You were much more concerned about antihero then you are Obama losing his grandmother...if you weren't you wouldn't have exploited her death the first chance you got.

First reply in the thread.

Oh, Gee!!
whottt's taking the news harder than I thought he would. bless his heart

Oh, Gee!!
all you did was quote anti-hero.

like I said, I teed off on an idiot.

whottt
11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
like I said, I teed off on an idiot.

And proved you could give two shit about Obama's grandmother dying in the process...

I bet it bothered anti-hero more than it did you.

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah, you whore.

PixelPusher
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM

You, Oh Gee and Findog don't give a shit about his gradmother death and you proved by your initial reactions...in fact the first thought that crossed you guys mind was that this might get Obama some sympathy votes...you fool no one.
and I here I thought whottt was in favor of pre-emptive strike policy.

Oh, Gee!!
I think I broke Whottt.

JoeChalupa
So sad. At least he got to see her before she passed.

whottt
11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
As anti Obama as I am...it sucks that she didn't make it to see her grandson make history.

RIP

She got to see him make all the history he is going to make.

Hey...Shasta did it first.

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
She got to see him make all the history he is going to make.

Hey...Shasta did it first.

See this doesn't bother me because it's a slight against Obama, not his grandmother.

whottt
11-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry if I was outraged at what ducks had said in the other thread on this matter. I felt it was necessary to show people what he said since the woman has passed away. What I did was not insensitive.

You don't give a shit about his grandmother dying...if you did the first words out of your mouth about it wouldn't have been quotes of ducks or anti-hero.

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2008, 05:23 PM
if whottt is already this crazy a day before election, we're in for it on wednesday.

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
You don't give a shit about his grandmother dying...if you did the first words out of your mouth about it wouldn't have been quotes of ducks or anti-hero.

I didn't quote anti-hero. The first words out of my mouth were "It's a shame she didn't get to see her grandson get elected President." I was gonna say, "RIP _____" but I don't know her name.

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM

try peroxide instead of alcohol on those open wounds.

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
no on 8.

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Why do people say rest in peace? Shouldnt that go without saying.

What else should one say on an internet message board that the family will never see?

Findog
11-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Whores.

Sorry, you guys have set the bar so low this election season.

Findog
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
if whottt is already this crazy a day before election, we're in for it on wednesday.

I'm getting excited. But of course he's going to disappoint us with his absence.

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Im throwing a victory parade on this site tomorrow night... are you attending?

you decided to go all in with a pair of 3's?

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
do you have a significant other named hornet?

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Are you implying that BRHornet is a woman?

with surgery, anything is possible. you interested?

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
To be fair, the "mmmhmm mhmm hmmmhm" part was to poke fun at the super skeptical view of the trip.

I do feel like an asshole right about now though. I'm down to about 4.5% there was foul play involved.

clambake
11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
You already know my stance on gayism, for the sake of this thread, lets not go there.

it was just a ploy. this is what it takes to get xray involved.

sabar
11-03-2008, 05:52 PM
lol @ making it into politics within 3 replies. Not that we should expect much more from the average human being.

ploto
11-03-2008, 05:53 PM
What an emotional week for Obama. Condolences.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I guransheed if Palin jr had a miscarriage the classy dems on here would have raised some eyebrows!

Well, probably just clambake.

SimonHymen
11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Best run campaign ever! :wow

JoeChalupa
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Some people never cease to amaze me.

whottt
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry, you guys have set the bar so low this election season.

"One heartbeat away"

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
"Moose C#nt"

whottt
11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Some people never cease to amaze me.

True...the insensitivity about death on this forum is pretty astounding.

http://www.bartcop.com/palin-heartbeat.jpg

clambake
11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
unless it's ted.

jochhejaam
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM

RIP

+1

RIP

PixelPusher
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95649&highlight=kennedy

I've got a huge special piss I've been saving up for Ted Kennedy's grave...bout fucking time is all I got to say. Hurry up Teddy...I can't wait much longer.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Apples and murderers.

Shastafarian
11-03-2008, 07:07 PM

Oh man....that's the definition of OWNED.

TheProfessor
11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow. Annihilated.

Anti.Hero
11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh man....that's the definition of OWNED.

Its best that he dont even reply in this thread...:lol

Wow. Annihilated.

Apples and murderers.

2centsworth
11-03-2008, 07:26 PM
RIP

Unfortunately the only thing I know about her is that Barack compared her to Jeremiah Wright.

PixelPusher
11-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Apples and murderers.

The thought of Apple Obama's assassination sure got implacable44 all hot and bothered.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108037

GuerillaBlack
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081104/capt.9b610315a9e84087a98f467ece41f322.obama_2008_n cjh109.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., sheds tears as he talks about his grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, at a rally in Charlotte, N.C., Monday, Nov. 3, 2008. Obama's grandmother, who helped raise him, died peaceably in her sleep Obama announced Monday, one day before the presidential election. She was 86. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Apples and murderers.

Human Being and Human Being. What a hyprocrite you are. And Whottt got pwned like the idiot that he's become.

sook
11-03-2008, 09:40 PM

http://www.bartcop.com/palin-heartbeat.jpg

looks like that dick is lodged pretty far up your ass douchebaggggggg

whottt
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM

I was only insensitive about Kennedy becauase you guys were insensitive about Mary Jo Kopeckne.

Hey...BTW, did that fat lump of shit ever die yet?

Fuck I wish he'd hurry up....

Die you fat fucking pickled Pig Die.

PixelPusher
11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I was only insensitive about Kennedy becauase you guys were insensitive about Mary Jo Kopeckne.

A lie. The only one who even brought her up, prior to your post, was xrayzebra. Indeed, in another alternate universe, the whottt there might complain that xray was the first to politicize a thread about someone dying.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-04-2008, 12:49 AM
It's silly to pretend any of us have any personal emotion tied up in the death of someone we don't know personally. All our feelings are sort of movie-watcher false emotions. Empathy, sympathy or the more base sentiments on display here. As for those dealing with real grief, I'm not in the position to judge. I got the giggles at my most beloved grandfather's funeral to the point where I forced myself to leave. I don't believe there's a right or wrong way to deal -- you just do the best you can. Luckily I've never had to grieve with an entire world watching me for any signs of weakness.

I admit when I first heard it, I thought about the effect it would have on the campaign. Not because of sympathy votes (I just can't believe anyone's going to vote for someone because their grandmother died) but because it is such a tragic situation and it will cast a pall over everything that happens from here on. My next thought was that she died not getting to see him become president. But then, on the off chance that something bizarre happens, she died believing he could and would. And that's almost better. Possibilities are always more magic and wonderful than outcomes. I can't imagine she felt anything other than pride at Obama being the expected winner - and rightly so. On the off chance McCain pulls this out, or pity forbid - some nutjob attempts an assassination -- she will have passed only believing her grandson became president. I'm also curious if she got a chance to cast an early ballot for her grandson before passing. I think that small Amerian act would have been a great pleasure to her in her final days.

From a practical perspective this just sucks. Not only is his grandmother gone, but when the expected celebration takes place it'll be played as bad taste. He'll be mocked for daring to shed tears over her loss. Those like you see in this thread will use it as a means to vilify and dehumanize a very human situation. And more often than not it will be the hate-mongers who play the "I'm more Christian than you" cards who will be most vile (they already are on many websites).

Personally I feel worst for the two little girls who have been robbed of grandmothers and grandfathers on their father's side repeatedly. Obama's grandmother was obviously an incredible influence upon him; it's a shame they won't get the benefit of her company.

I also have to say that the right-wing nutters (and I mean nutters, not all conservatives) on this board are truly pathetic. "I had to chase you into a death thread because you may have mocked me" has got to be the lamest thing I've ever heard. Whether or not it was inappropriate for the lefties to bring up the previous insensitiveness on this issue it moot. If you have to measure the size of your dick by trashing someone's dead grandmother, you need more psychiatric help than anyone on teh interwebs can offer you. Have some dignity ffs.

LnGrrrR
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM
You already know my stance on gayism, for the sake of this thread, lets not go there.

GAYISM?

:rollin:lmao

LnGrrrR
11-04-2008, 08:07 AM

Hey...BTW, did that fat lump of shit ever die yet?

Fuck I wish he'd hurry up....

Die you fat fucking pickled Pig Die.

I love the five year old excuse on this one. Also, Ted Kennedy once teased him in the locker room.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2008, 08:22 AM
whottt the eff just happened?

doobs
11-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Who actually cares about this? Obama is a grown man with a family of his own, and his grandmother was in her eighties . . . that's just life. If Michelle Obama died, that would be news. If Obama's daughers died, that would be news. But his grandmother?

I suppose it sucks she couldn't watch him today, but . . . come on, that's not newsworthy.

implacable44
11-04-2008, 12:05 PM
The thought of Apple Obama's assassination sure got implacable44 all hot and bothered.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108037

woah -- slow your roll.. I surely do not want Obama to be assassinated. I don't even want there to be an attempt on his life. I don't need him to be a martyr or worse.

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2008, 12:06 PM
she didn't die, she was raptured