PDA

View Full Version : Chris Leban Suspended!

djohn14
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
UFC middleweight Chris Leben has been suspended nine months and fined an undisclosed amount by Zuffa officials after testing positive for the steroid Stanazolol, according to a report by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

Leben reportedly tested positive following his three-round loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 in Birmingham, England. The exact amount of Leben’s fine is unknown, as his purse figure has never been publicly released. However, he will lose a third of whatever he was paid.

“I am obviously disappointed with Chris, who has made great strides getting his life back on track,” UFC President Dana White is quoted as saying in the Yahoo! report. “To his credit, he has taken responsibility for his actions and is accepting the punishment that has been handed down. But as always, the UFC puts the safety of its athletes first and foremost, and we won’t tolerate anyone using performance enhancing drugs in our organization.”

The only regulation of combat sports in England is the country’s boxing commission, which does not preside over MMA.

Since the sport is not regulated in the UK, the UFC utilizes company Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Mark Ratner as an independent regulator with the company administring drug tests to its own athletes. Ratner formerly served as the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Evan
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
So much for people who didn't believe the UFC tested legitimately/fairly. Freaking headliner who just got re-signed….hows that for blowing tin foil hat people out of the water...

dbreiden83080
11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Such a shame, dude just can't get his life together for good

See polandprzem stuff like this is why i have faith the system is working. IT's not perfect but its working..

djohn14
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Its sad...I really wanted him to get it togather.

LEONARD
11-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Glad to see a positive test on a UK card...have always questioned if it was done at all...

Stupid move on Leben's part though...wtf?

dbreiden83080
11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
dude's got too many demons. Now we know why he was in such great shape for his fight with Bisping. So even if he had won, it would not have meant a thing thanks to this...

oligarchy
11-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Glad to see a positive test on a UK card...have always questioned if it was done at all...

He's not the first -- I believe it was Anthony Torres.

Evan
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
He's not the first -- I believe it was Anthony Torres.

Oh thats right, good memory....dude got cut from the UFC too.

dallaskd
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
jackass. looked in really good shape too. you think dana will let him back?

dallaskd
11-03-2008, 06:23 PM

I know Marcus Davis has been roidin up over seas for his past 3 or 4 fights.

polandprzem
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I want to see if he will be suspended 9 months ... and in UFC 9 months is what? 2 fights?

He will protest IMO, we will see.

He just took too many shit and that was his problem IMO.

polandprzem
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanozolol

Take a look at some names close to the bottom

djohn14
11-03-2008, 06:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanozolol

Take a look at some names close to the bottom

I want to throw rocks at Tim Sylvia. Not just little peices of rock either, those big rocks. Boulders. I want to throw boulders at Tim Sylvia.

polandprzem
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
:lol

Why is that?

djohn14
11-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I cant stand him. I dont know why, but I never could. Thats why my best memory of MMA and UFC in general was when Randy dropped him.

Evan
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I know Marcus Davis has been roidin up over seas for his past 3 or 4 fights.

Its fine and dandy to be suspicious...but "you know?" Thats a unfair blanket statement IMO.

dallaskd
11-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Its fine and dandy to be suspicious...but "you know?" Thats a unfair blanket statement IMO.

lol i actually don't even have suspicion. I was just trying to get something out of Leonard on Marcus Davis.

Evan
11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Dang it sorry....feel free to delete my post ........

BlackSwordsMan
11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
He needs better steroids.

angelbelow
11-04-2008, 12:21 AM
i never liked this kid, but when i saw how his work ethic transformed i began to respect him a little. this is definitely disappointing but i cant say im shocked.

bodhisattva
11-30-2008, 10:33 PM
UFC middleweight Chris Leben has been suspended nine months and fined an undisclosed amount by Zuffa officials after testing positive for the steroid Stanazolol, according to a report by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

Leben reportedly tested positive following his three-round loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 in Birmingham, England. The exact amount of Leben’s fine is unknown, as his purse figure has never been publicly released. However, he will lose a third of whatever he was paid.

MMA has steroids - no surprise - steroids seem to exist in all sports.

When someone in MMA is "caught" I often wonder why all the other guys in MMA weren't "caught".

polandprzem
12-01-2008, 04:32 AM
MMA has steroids - no surprise - steroids seem to exist in all sports.

When someone in MMA is "caught" I often wonder why all the other guys in MMA weren't "caught".

Same 'wonder' is chaseing me