PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol with 25 and 12

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 09:51 PM
:wow. I clicked to see Gay's stat line and caught this.

http://www.nba.com/games/20081103/GSWMEM/gameinfo.html?nav=scoreboardhome

Indazone
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
damn those Gasol Brothers are good. Marc might even be better than Pau

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
This is through 3 quarters btw. Although, it is the Warriors. They have no depth at C.

robbie380
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
marc looks like a really good player in the making. when he played yao his first game he wasn't scared at all and defended yao very well. he is very skilled and plays with a lot of heart. the grizz are putting together a nice nucleus with gay, mayo, and gasol....now let's see how long it take them to fuck it all up :lol

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't forget Conley.

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
27 and 16 at the end of the day. Man, I would have been pissed if we didn't have Bynum, and this trade went down. Marc is a C, while Pau is a PF.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
According to my fantasy team numbers, he had 26 Pts, 15 Rb, 3 Bk, 1 Ast, 1 St.

TDMVPDPOY
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
cant wait till he gets traded back to lakers for gasol, another bs in the making, book it

Many PackYao
11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Maybe the Lakers should have kept Marc.He's got the toughness that Pau doesn't.

turiaf for president
11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
i think pau said he thinks marc is better than him. he might be just saying that to be nice but marc def looks like a beast after he lost 30 pounds.

IronMexican
11-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Maybe the Lakers should have kept Marc.He's got the toughness that Pau doesn't.

Nah. We'd ohave 2 C's then.

Allanon
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I toldja guys last year La Tanqueta was the real deal.

Medvedenko
11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Nice line no doubt...we'll see how it goes... I remember Brian Cook putting up a 20+10 game as well. I thought we raped the grizz though.....hmmmm....

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Lol, Cook. I forgot that guy was alive. I remember he never missed in the first quarter.

Lakers_55
11-04-2008, 12:10 AM
We'll send Luke Walton to Memphis for Gasol and rights to the youngest Gasol kid who is in high school in Spain.

angelbelow
11-04-2008, 12:17 AM
not bad.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Do not listen to the stupid European posters here. They are all idiots and know nothing about game except me. Marc was REALLY best player in Spanish League NOT Rudy. Believe what is truth from Euro fan that is not full of the lies like others here.

He was better then Rudy in Spain.

mountainballer
11-04-2008, 06:26 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/IIM.jpg

Do not listen to the stupid European posters here. They are all idiots and know nothing about game except me. Marc was REALLY best player in Spanish League NOT Rudy. Believe what is truth from Euro fan that is not full of the lies like others here.

He was better then Rudy in Spain.

Comical Pana reporting from Europe.
(whatever it is worth, when he claims he's from Europe)

21_Blessings
11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Marc might even be better than Pau

Hahahaha

Keep in mind, this was only one game against the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. The previous two games Marc Gasol wasn't all that impressive.

Not to say Marc Gasol isn't a decent player who can turn into a good player, but he is nowhere near Pau, nor will his fat ass ever be.

Indazone
11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I dunno, Marc looked like all that in the Olympics too. He's teamed up with two other 7 footers on that team. Hammed Hadadi and Darko Milicic. They also have Darrell Arthur and Rudy Gay so they have an imposing front line. The guards are OJ Mayo, Conelly, Jarvis Crittendon. They could actually suprise some people once they get over their rookie jitters. That's a very very young talented team there.

21_Blessings
11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I dunno, Marc looked like all that in the Olympics too. He's teamed up with two other 7 footers on that team. Hammed Hadadi and Darko Milicic. They also have Darrell Arthur and Rudy Gay so they have an imposing front line. The guards are OJ Mayo, Conelly, Jarvis Crittendon. They could actually suprise some people once they get over their rookie jitters. That's a very very young talented team there.

Pau looked twice the player Marc did in the Olympics. Shitty example.

Marc Gasol is 24 and fat. I mean he can improve maybe a little but what you see is what you are going to get. One good game against an extremely undersized team that refuses to play defense doesn't mean he's going to be better than Pau Gasol.

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Just wait and see. You never know.

SenorSpur
11-04-2008, 11:06 AM
So far. he looks like the real deal

Slomo
11-04-2008, 11:11 AM
At least he has a real name.

I mean seriously http://trickylittleimp.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/teletubbies_po.jpg

SpursDynasty
11-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Pau Gasol has never been that good. I have yet to see him do anything for the Lakers.

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Pau Gasol has never been that good. I have yet to see him do anything for the Lakers.

:lmao

He wont get to, since he isn't here anymore.

pauls931
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Hmmm so that trade last year may end up being more balanced than previously thought.

21_Blessings
11-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Just wait and see. You never know.

Just wait and see what I already know? I've seen enough of Marc and Pau Gasol that I can say with confidence Marc has no chance to reach Pau's level as a basketball player.

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
No one expects Marc to be like Pau. Marc was a second round draft pick, Pau was (I think) the #3 pick. Marc is turning into a good player, though.

21_Blessings
11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
No one expects Marc to be like Pau. Marc was a second round draft pick, Pau was (I think) the #3 pick. Marc is turning into a good player, though.

Read the thread, people were already saying that he can be as good or better Pau. I've heard the same thing around realgm and Lakersground.

Where he was drafted is immaterial. Marc Gasol has already proven he can be the best player in the toughest league in Europe. He held his own against NBA players in the Olympics. No one claimed otherwise. And he was traded for Pau. Chris Wallace has gone on record saying that Marc Gasol was one of the main reasons that he went through with the trade.

But 'good' is about all you'll get. Solid starting center at best. His upside is extremely minimal at this point. He'll never be an all-star. The only thing he has on Pau is that he knows how to throw around his 'girth'. :lol

Allanon
11-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Actually, I do think Marc will be as good as Pau (or pretty damn close).

I said this last year when everybody was saying how lop-sided the trade was.

Marc's got huge size and a shooting touch. He can score in the post or he can shoot 3 pointers. He's got longer range and he's alot tougher than Pau.

If the Lakers had kept him, they would get similar stats for $12 million? per year less.

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, they didn't go for a straight swap. They got 10 million coming off the books from Kwame, a promising young player in Critt, and a first round pick. I think he will be a good player, though. No all star, but definitely a serviceable big man.

lil_penny
11-04-2008, 02:06 PM
solid game for gasol

21_Blessings
11-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Actually, I do think Marc will be as good as Pau (or pretty damn close).

I said this last year when everybody was saying how lop-sided the trade was.

Marc's got huge size and a shooting touch. He can score in the post or he can shoot 3 pointers. He's got longer range and he's alot tougher than Pau.

If the Lakers had kept him, they would get similar stats for $12 million? per year less.

Who cares about a center shooting 3 pointers?

Marc's passing, post and high post game is no where near as effective as Pau's. Wouldn't work next to Bynum.

Allanon
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Who cares about a center shooting 3 pointers?

Marc's passing, post and high post game is no where near as effective as Pau's. Wouldn't work next to Bynum.

That's true but Marc's a rookie. The skills are there (he's a good passer) and he has a decent post game. Give him a couple years to catch up to Pau's passing and post game.

Obviously, today Pau's better but Marc's no slouch and he's much cheaper. Marc can give you half of Pau's point production and more rebounds at 1/10th the cost. And in a couple of years, he'll be right up there with Pau.

Ice009
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Didn't Bonner drop 25 and 17 against the Warriors last season ;).

Allanon
11-04-2008, 02:55 PM

Marc's season so far has been solid, not just this game.

In his 4 games, he's averaging

13 pts, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks on 54% shooting

His biggest problem right now is staying out of foul trouble, once he adjusts to that he'll have even better #'s.

He'll average a double-double as a rookie.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM

Gasol's gotten at least 12 points and 12 rebounds twice in his first four games in the NBA. Is that a comparison you really want to stick to?

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Read the thread, people were already saying that he can be as good or better Pau. I've heard the same thing around realgm and Lakersground.

Where he was drafted is immaterial. Marc Gasol has already proven he can be the best player in the toughest league in Europe. He held his own against NBA players in the Olympics. No one claimed otherwise. And he was traded for Pau. Chris Wallace has gone on record saying that Marc Gasol was one of the main reasons that he went through with the trade.

But 'good' is about all you'll get. Solid starting center at best. His upside is extremely minimal at this point. He'll never be an all-star. The only thing he has on Pau is that he knows how to throw around his 'girth'. :lol

Wrong. Spanish league is not best league in Europe. Why does American NBA fans keep saying this crap?

Ginobilly
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Wrong. Spanish league is not best league in Europe. Why does American NBA fans keep saying this crap?

because it is according to many basketball experts in the basketball world. Maybe in your mind the greek league is the best, but you are alone on that assumption.

Allanon
11-04-2008, 07:12 PM
How can you compare Bonner with Marc Gasol? Gasol was MVP of the Spanish league.

Right now, your Rookie of the Year candidates are Gasol, Beasley, Mayo & Rose

Aside from being big as a tank "La Tanqueta", Marc Gasol's got freakishly big hands like Shaq and Bynum:

http://www.as.com/recorte/20080620dasdaibal_2/C280/Ies/Marc_Gasol_jugara_Memphis_proximos.jpg

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2008/08/24/s25gasol.jpeg

Fabbs
11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Question for a stat freak/good stat locator:

What other rookies have done/surpassed 27 and 16 the past 10 years. Too much? How 'bout the past 5? I'll bet not many.

Fabbs
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Buhler, anyone?

Your research skills are better then mine.

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Buhler, anyone?

Your research skills are better then mine.

I was curious about that, too. I'd try looking it up, but I suck with stats like that; it would take me an hour of searching line by line. If someone knows how to do this, maybe they should share how they did it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
because it is according to many basketball experts in the basketball world. Maybe in your mind the greek league is the best, but you are alone on that assumption.

You idiot. This is complete BS. EUROLEAGUE is best league in Europe not Spanish league. Is unreal how much hype comes from Spain these days about their basketball.

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 12:26 PM
You idiot. This is complete BS. EUROLEAGUE is best league in Europe not Spanish league. Is unreal how much hype comes from Spain these days about their basketball.

Maybe cause they are the only place producing players worth a damn out here.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe cause they are the only place producing players worth a damn out here.

Euroleague is MUCH better than Spanish league is not even close.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Is the Euroleauge better than the NBA?

Ginobilly
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM

The Euroleague (EL) is one of the professional basketball competitions in Europe, with teams from thirteen different European countries. The competition is operated by ULEB, a Europe-wide consortium of leading professional basketball leagues.

Okay Pana, we're not talking about continental leagues here like Euroleague/UEFA. What we are referring to is National leagues like the NBA, La Liga, English premier, etc. Just like in the Soccer world the English Premier league is considered the best in soccer competition, in the Basketball world the Spanish ACB league is considered by many basketball coaches/experts/analyst and GM's to be only 2nd to the NBA in terms of higher competition. Where is Vspan now? Playing in a greek YMCA court, while Marc Gasol, Fernandez, all the foreign players are living it up in the US and competing against the highest competition available.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-06-2008, 08:11 PM
The Euroleague (EL) is one of the professional basketball competitions in Europe, with teams from thirteen different European countries. The competition is operated by ULEB, a Europe-wide consortium of leading professional basketball leagues.

Okay Pana, we're not talking about continental leagues here like Euroleague/UEFA. What we are referring to is National leagues like the NBA, La Liga, English premier, etc. Just like in the Soccer world the English Premier league is considered the best in soccer competition, in the Basketball world the Spanish ACB league is considered by many basketball coaches/experts/analyst and GM's to be only 2nd to the NBA in terms of higher competition. Where is Vspan now? Playing in a greek YMCA court, while Marc Gasol, Fernandez, all the foreign players are living it up in the US and competing against the highest competition available.

lol Panathinaikos would probably win the Spanish league every single year and probably even Olympiacos.

Ginobilly
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
lol Panathinaikos would probably win the Spanish league every single year and probably even Olympiacos.

Probably, but probably not. Vspan still sucks and will always suck.

Many PackYao
11-07-2008, 12:31 PM
How many good Greek players are in the NBA?:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
How many good Greek players are in the NBA?:lol

Peja and Rasho are both Greek players. They come to Greece as kids and spend their basketball career and their basketball development and training in Greece and are even Greek citizens. Is even where Peja lives and his family is Greek. IDIOT

Seikaly was raise in Greece and his whole entire basketball training and development was in Greece. There are also others. So shut up already with your stupid ignorant nonsense.

IronMexican
11-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Peja and Rasho are both Greek players. They come to Greece as kids and spend their basketball career and their basketball development and training in Greece and are even Greek citizens. Is even where Peja lives and his family is Greek. IDIOT

Rasho? Really, your gonna pimp 'Sho? haha.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Rasho? Really, your gonna pimp 'Sho? haha.

He is above average NBA center.

IronMexican
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Lol, you're tripping. That foo is not above average.

Many PackYao
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM

Seikaly was raise in Greece and his whole entire basketball training and development was in Greece. There are also others. So shut up already with your stupid ignorant nonsense.
Serbian is not Greek.I'm sure you're gonna reply with some shit about greeks colonizing it blah blah.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Serbian is not Greek.I'm sure you're gonna reply with some shit about greeks colonizing it blah blah.

You are moron.

Like so many other Americans in these forums. Nick Galis you always will say is not Greek even.

Your President Obama must also not be African by your retarded logic.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Lol, you're tripping. That foo is not above average.

Yes base on all NBA centers he is above average. Do you have simple concept of meaning of word average?

SimonHymen
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Your sig disappeared.

BUMP
11-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Your sig disappeared.

http://blog.makezine.com/onionBox1.jpg