PDA

View Full Version : The one team I'm worried about: Seattle Supersonics

DuncanMVP
02-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Hopefully the Suns can knock them out of the playoffs before we win the title

BigVee
02-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Dallas concerns more than any other team right now. I don't think they will catch the Spurs, but this last road trip is damn impressive. To go into Pho after 3 games on the road, without Stackhouse and Dampier and win shows something. I know the D still needs work, but they are definitely getting better.

TwoHandJam
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
The only team that really worries me is Detroit. I can't see any other WC team winning a series against us. The Spurs struggle against really good defensive teams and not only are Detroit the second best in opp fg% but they are also the defending champs. The only comfort I have against them is that they won't have HCA and we have been pretty invincible at home.

T Park
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
^^^Agreed.

Detroit is the only ones that seem to stand in the way.

Great defensive team, matchup problems with Prince, Wallace.

Good bench now in McDeyss Arroyo Delfino.

Definately a big tough team.

Hopefully the Spurs make it that far that we could talk about it.

Extra Stout
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
The only team that really worries me is Detroit. I can't see any other WC team winning a series against us. The Spurs struggle against really good defensive teams and not only are Detroit the second best in opp fg% but they are also the defending champs. The only comfort I have against them is that they won't have HCA and we have been pretty invincible at home.There's that whole "never underestimate the heart of a champion" thing, too. The 1972-73 Knicks and 1994-95 Rockets each beat multiple teams that "appeared" to be their superior.

FromWayDowntown
02-18-2005, 01:48 PM
My esteem for the Mavericks as a legitimate threat is growing. They've been able to win a lot of games while overcoming a lot of injuries during this season. I still think their defense is suspect, but as long as they have scorers like Dirk and Finley and with the continued development of Josh Howard, they become more and more scary. I don't know that I'd relish a 2nd rounder with them.

I totally agree about Detroit. It's beginning to look like they flipped the switch and have begun to play with a real purpose of late. Good, tough defense and finding an offensive rhythm. Picking up Arroyo was a nice deal for them and really balanced their roster, much like getting Rasheed did for them last year. The Spurs trip into Motown in March will be another interesting barometer for both teams. When those teams met in December, I noticed a lot of respect going both ways during that game -- I think they kind of know what June might have in store.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-18-2005, 01:54 PM
The only team that worries me is the SAN ANTONIO SPURS don't know which team is going to show up on any given game.

waly.mg
02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I think Miami like the Team to Beat
Detroit are more dangerous from outside, but we are Strong Outside, with, Parker, Bowen, Manu, Brown, Barry and Udrih, but we can Work with the Wallaces and Prince, but with Shaq inside, we need more from Duncan and Rasho
Detroit have a great defense, but the best Defense is our.

Nikos
02-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Dallas is a good defensive team and offensive team. More balance than last year. Not as good offensively of course, but much better on D. They are one of the better defensive teams in the league -- not elite -- but they are strong on that end this year.

ShoogarBear
02-18-2005, 05:46 PM
There's that whole "never underestimate the heart of a champion" thing, too. The 1972-73 Knicks and 1994-95 Rockets each beat multiple teams that "appeared" to be their superior.

Technically, the '73 Knicks weren't repeat champions, but I understand your point.

Unfortunately, that whole "heart of a champion" thing hasn't worked for the Spurs, yet.

SpursChampsIII
02-18-2005, 05:57 PM
If we get home court advantage, I really don't feel any team can beat us in a 7 game series. However, there is always a team each year that we have matchup problems with, and this year that appears to be Houston. I have no doubt we are better than them, but they seem to have our number. Also, you don't want to end up with #2 seed and have to face Sonics and Suns back to back.

myhc
02-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Who I rank:
1. Detroit-still the defending champs; still have 2 Wallaces and a McDyess to throw at Duncan; tough as nails backcourt
2. Seattle-we've struggled with them and I still want to see how we'll do with Ray Allen in the game

Jimcs50
02-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle, Heat, Detroit....in that order.

Mark in Austin
02-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Dallas (if healthy), Houston, Phoenix, Miami, Seattle, Detroit... in that order

BronxCowboy
02-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Nobody has been playing better than Detroit lately, and the Spurs have struggled some with defensively oriented teams like Houston and Memphis, so I don't see how it can get much scarier than the Pistons and their defense.

Mark in Austin
02-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Since January 1, the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Pistons, and Bulls have each lost 6 games. Miami has lost 7. Sonics and Suns 9.

On the flip side... the Warriors have lost 20, Knicks and Bobcats have lost 19, the Hawks 18, the Hornets, Blazers and Jazz 16

Guru of Nothing
02-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I "worry" about every opponent when the playoffs roll around. Always have and always will when my team is in the playoffs, no matter the sport.

td4mvp21
02-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Dallas is definitely a team to look out for. They went 4-0 on their road trip and they played tough teams. Very good road team. They have good offense and actually play defense this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the WCF or even The Finals.

SequSpur
02-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Miami > Spurs

RobinsontoDuncan
02-18-2005, 11:22 PM
if Manu > Lebron, and everyone knows Lebron > Wade, then we still have parker, berry, bowen, rose, brown, etc. Who do they have?

i think you're just a very stupid short person.

Guru of Nothing
02-18-2005, 11:49 PM
if Manu > Lebron, and everyone knows Lebron > Wade, then we still have parker, berry, bowen, rose, brown, etc. Who do they have?

i think your just a very stupid short person.

Are you REALLY an attorney?

SpursChampsIII
02-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Miami > Spurs
Everybody > Sequ

Rummpd
02-19-2005, 09:18 AM
The only team that scares me is the Spurs, if they bring their ball movement, Parker attacking, Manu on fire, Duncan at his healthiest = NO worries.

That is not to say other teams cannot give tough series, but this year Spurs have all it takes.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Hell add barry to that list, if he becomes the player we signed up for....good things.

oh and yes I am.