PDA

View Full Version : Admit The Kidd-Harris Trade Was A Mistake By Dallas

And1Mak
11-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Several reasons why, have your pick.
Just be sure and admit that the Kidd trade was a mistake and the Mavs would have been better off not trading Harris for Kidd.
This is a roll call of sorts.
I don't always agree with ESPN, but when I do, I prefer Hollinger.
Read up his thoughts on the Kidd trade. Excellent, and factual.
The 1st step to recovery is admitting the problem.

P.S. I'm not saying Harris is going to explode into a uber-PG.
He needed Dallas, and Dallas needed him.
This trade probably hurts both parties.
O, what could have been!

P.P.S.
100th Post!

RsxPiimp
11-04-2008, 03:55 AM
eveyrone knows this. it was a bad move. devin was supposedly the mavs future pg.

lesson learned cubes.

Shank
11-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah. Sure. Watching the games so far, Kidd has obviously been the problem. Nice assessment.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I think you're the only poster on the board who has this opinion. :tu

pauls931
11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Makes sense to me, trade a young quick guard with growth potential for an older experienced one on the decline. One less contender in the west.

Shank
11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Are we in a time warp here? Or has no one watched his play in the first 3 games?

Devin - 13/4/5 36% FG
Kidd - 8/6/8/3 steals 43% FG

Kidd's doing just fine. As it stands, he's not the problem with this team right now.

SpursDynasty
11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm glad Dallas traded Devin Harris. Harris was trying to do too much and trying to be a star already and was getting more credit than he is good for. NJ is a good team for him to be on.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Harris is going to be a better player over the next several years than Kidd is, but Kidd is better right now, and has looked better in the games this season than he looked at any time after the trade last year. If you actually believe that the Mavericks' window is still open, Kidd's the one you want on the team.

Findog
11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
The Mavs can't play any defense. The Cavs pick and rolled them to death last night.

monosylab1k
11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
The problem isn't Kidd, it's Josh Howard. He's still a selfish asshole with zero basketball IQ.

I loved that play when Josh looked right at a wide open Dirk at the 3 point line, but decided instead to drive on LeBron and traveled. Dirk had the most disgusted look on his face.

Cuban, Donnie, and Rick lied to all Mavs fans when they said that Josh had given up his old habits and was turning over a new leaf. Josh had no intention to change and the front office knew it all along.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2008, 11:14 AM
The Mavs can't play any defense. The Cavs pick and rolled them to death last night.

Can't or haven't? So far their defense is better than San Antonio's, so maybe they're still trying to get it together. Or one can always hope.

Shank
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Can't or haven't? So far their defense is better than San Antonio's, so maybe they're still trying to get it together. Or one can always hope.

So what you're saying is tonight might be difficult to watch on both sides...

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Are we in a time warp here? Or has no one watched his play in the first 3 games?

Devin - 13/4/5 36% FG

Kidd's doing just fine. As it stands, he's not the problem with this team right now.

if they didn't trade away diop they might not have had to use the full MLE to get him back.

RsxPiimp
11-04-2008, 11:47 AM
i love how dalls fans are all defending the kidd trade. well, go fucking enjoy him then.

RsxPiimp
11-04-2008, 11:48 AM

kidd plays like he just wants to hit those stats, regardless of the outcome.

Shank
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
kidd plays like he just wants to hit those stats, regardless of the outcome.

Must be great to just go out there and aim for 3 steals every game. They come that easily in the NBA.

Shank
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
if they didn't trade away diop they might not have had to use the full MLE to get him back.

But at the same time, it's not like the market was full of amazing talent for the MLE. If anything, they've fared better so far by picking up Green off the street for next to nothing.

(This is not me defending the front office, by the way. They're all still morons.)

pauls931
11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Harris is going to be a better player over the next several years than Kidd is, but Kidd is better right now, and has looked better in the games this season than he looked at any time after the trade last year. If you actually believe that the Mavericks' window is still open, Kidd's the one you want on the team.

That statement says a lot. With the emergence of the Lakers and NO, teams like Phoenix and Dallas made emergency moves to try to get in for the win while they could. It may already be too late.

I. Hustle
11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I admit it.

mavsfan1000
11-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah it was a mistake. We need a slasher and defender at the point guard position. We are even more of a jump shooting now than we were before.

The Franchise
11-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah it was a mistake. We need a slasher and defender at the point guard position. We are even more of a jump shooting now than we were before.

What he said.

And1Mak
11-04-2008, 12:40 PM
You make a great point mavsfan1000.

The comparisons of current numbers are pretty much irrelevant at this point.
If all it took to build a championships team was amount of triple doubles scored, Kidd would be excellent.

The NBA is all about finding the right pieces to build a team, not which team has the most all-star appearances (see Denver Nuggets).
The fact remains, Harris was extremely important to this team. His penetration on offense, getting to the line/rim, and ability to guard quicker players was invaluable.
It's not all about numbers.

We can't get New Jersey to take the trade back, unfortunately.
So we really need look to fill the void that the (doomed from the start) Kidd trade has caused.
The sooner we do this, the sooner we can go back to being a championship caliber team again.

Admit it, fellow Mavs fans, and let the healing begin.

21_Blessings
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Cuban just needs to stop trying to play GM and stick to blogging/attention whoring. The latter is what he does best and he fails miserably at the former.

Allanon
11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
JKidd has been better this year than last so far. I've always thought of Devin Harris as a Tyron Lue type player. Devin is obviously better but both go through wild streaks.

I'm not sure who hates each other more

Rocket & Mav fans
or
Spur and Mav fans.

Should make tonight's game all the more entertaining.

sook
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
JKidd has been better this year than last so far. I've always thought of Devin Harris as a Tyron Lue type player. Devin is obviously better but both go through wild streaks.

I'm not sure who hates each other more

Rocket & Mav fans
or
Spur and Mav fans.

Should make tonight's game all the more entertaining.

rape sig dude, nice

Obstructed_View
11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
So what you're saying is tonight might be difficult to watch on both sides...

Hey, you don't hear a lot of shit talking from my side or your side. If that's not a sign that nobody's particularly confident in their team, I don't know what is.

It's possible that we end up with a 125-121 game that makes both fanbases sick to their stomachs.

jack sommerset
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
U are a freaken idiot if you think the Kidd trade was a good one.

Allanon
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I do think the trade was good but not for the intention of winning a Ring.

Even with Devin Harris, the Mavs would not win a championship ring. Devin Harris would have screwed over the Mavs because he would have wanted a new contract this year in the $12-$15 million per year range.

And even if the Mavs were crazy enough to extend him, they still wouldn't have a championship team.

The Mavs have the problem of shrivelling up in 4th quarters. I can't think of any elite team with more close games than the Mavs. Devin Harris doesn't have those brass balls.

With Jason Kidd's and Jerry Stackhouse's expiring contracts, the Mavs just need a trade partner for Josh Howard or Jason Terry. With the balanced Mavs roster, they have many tradeable assets.

Then they'll be in position for DWade or even LeBron.