PDA

View Full Version : Obama plotting with terrorists??

sontinospurs
11-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Its shit like this that makes people in this state look like complete morons.....
:bang

Texas Official: Obama Plotting with Terrorists

Last Update: 6:09 am

Related Video | Print Story | Email Story

AUSTIN (AP) - State Board of Education member Cynthia Dunbar isn't backing down from her claim that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is plotting with terrorists to attack the U.S.

The Texas Freedom Network, a watchdog group that monitors the board, released a public statement Monday asking Dunbar to retract the statement.

"I don't have anything in there that would be retractable," said Dunbar, R-Richmond. "Those are my personal opinions and I don't think the language is questionable."

In a column posted on the Christian Worldview Network Web site, Dunbar wrote that a terrorist attack on America during the first six months of an Obama administration "will be a planned effort by those with whom Obama truly sympathizes to take down the America that is threat to tyranny."

She also suggests Obama would seek to expand his power by declaring martial law throughout the country.

"No matter who you support for president, we should all be able to agree that Ms. Dunbar's disgusting attack is a shocking example of the extremism that has infected the state board," TFN President Kathy Miller said.

"It's stunning that a board member who helps decide what Texas children learn in their public schools would say something so disgusting and reprehensible. She should be taking refresher courses in civics and good citizenship, not deciding what Texas kids learn."

The State Board of Education will begin revising public school social studies curriculum standards after adopting standards for science next year. Those standards will determine the content in new public school textbooks.

"Right now, we're still in America and we still have freedom of speech," Dunbar said. "And unless that's changed, I'm not aware of it."

---

On the net:

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.p hp?ArticleID=4140

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
It is true, she is free to be as stupid as she pleases

DarkReign
11-04-2008, 10:07 AM
It is true, she is free to be as stupid as she pleases

As long as her constituents agree with her stances, she is free to hold those beliefs.

If they dont, she gets voted out. Simple.

JoeChalupa
11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
What a doofus.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
sounds very wild cobraesque

Drachen
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Who are her constituents? Anyone know? I mean what part of Texas, and when does her election come?

DarkReign
11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Who are her constituents? Anyone know? I mean what part of Texas, and when does her election come?

District #10.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/sboe/members.html

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/sboe/board/bios/dunbar.html

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/TX10_109.gif

PixelPusher
11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Not altogether suprising, considering it's already been established that 23% of Texans are abysmally ignorant. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6084678.html)

Drachen
11-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I have family that lives up there, so I may need to change my address.

101A
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
She's a truther for an attack that hasn't happened yet. There's a WHOLE BUNCH of people who believe Bush did this, after all.

baseline bum
11-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Anyone surprised to hear idiocy like this from those who run education in Texas? :lol

CubanMustGo
11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
District #10.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/sboe/members.html

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/TX10_109.gif

SBOE districts don't align with congressional districts. There are 32 congressional districts but only 15 SBOE districts.

Whoever her constituents are need to vote her ass out of office.

RandomGuy
11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
SBOE districts don't align with congressional districts. There are 32 congressional districts but only 15 SBOE districts.

Don't think that her words won't come back to haunt her, if not in this election, then in the next one.

The Bachmann Effect.

Tinklenberg 08.

p9y4iXAso4I

implacable44
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
As long as her constituents agree with her stances, she is free to hold those beliefs.

If they dont, she gets voted out. Simple.

oh well that must mean those folks up in PA really are racist rednecks.

RandomGuy
11-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Dunbar was elected to the State Board of Education in November 2006 and will serve a four year term on the board. She serves on the board's Committee on Instruction. As a member of the board, Dunbar represents the counties of Austin, Bastrop, Burleson, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Gonzales, Lavaca, Lee, Milam, Waller, Washington and Williamson as well as parts of Brazoria, Fort Bend and Travis counties.

A conservative Republican, Dunbar has been an active member of the Spirit of Freedom Republican Women's Club and has served on its board in numerous capacities. Additionally, she has held memberships in the West Fort Bend Republican Club, the Fort Bend Republican Women's Club and the Fort Bend Republican Club. She has attended Republican State Conventions as both an alternate and a delegate and was honored to attend the National Republican Convention in 1980 as a youth delegate when the party nominated Ronald Reagan for President.

Do we get to add "total nutter" to that resume?

RandomGuy
11-04-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php?ArticleID=4140

Can we truly even imagine an America under an Obama Administration? I sincerely believe that an Obama Administration would ultimately mean one thing…the end of America as we know her. First, I cannot understand how we can potentially elect a man who most likely has violated the Constitution in his very attempt to serve as Commander and Chief. “No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;” U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section I

If Obama were a natural born citizen who never lost his citizenship through his adoption while living in Indonesia, then why does he obstinately refuse to present valid documentation? The fact that a Federal Court Judge did nothing should not surprise any of us. After all, we know all too well the attack this great Country undergoes on a daily basis from our own militant leftist Judicial Branch. Can you imagine how much worse this will get with Obama appointees?

There is one glimmer of hope in all of this. There is a difference between a voidable contract and one that is simply void. A voidable contract is able to be ratified whereas a void contract is void at its inception and cannot be cured at any point. If in fact Obama is not constitutionally eligible to be President, this is not something he can ever cure. His election, his swearing in and oath of office, his service of 3 days, 3 months, 3 years does not ever truly convey to him the authority of President of the United States. It is void at its inception and, as such, is open to a valid legal attack at any time.

So we can imagine the blatant disregard for our Constitution, but what other threats does an Obama administration pose? We have been clearly warned by his running mate, Joe Biden, that America will suffer some form of attack within the first 6 months of Obama’s administration. However, unlike Joe, I do not believe this “attack” will be a test of Obama’s mettle. Rather, I perceive it will be a planned effort by those with whom Obama truly sympathizes to take down the America that is threat to tyranny. What nobody seems to be discussing is the fact that if such an attack takes place, what about Martial Law? What happens to expand executive power when a state of civil disorder is declared?

Supreme Court Justice Holmes in the unanimous decision of Moyer v. Peabody, stated the following:

“…[I]t is familiar that what is due process of law depends on circumstances. It varies with the subject matter and the necessities of the situation.... In such a situation we must assume that he had a right under the … constitution and laws to call out troops.... That means that he shall make the ordinary use of the soldiers to that end; that he may kill persons who resist and, of course, that he may use the milder measure of seizing the bodies of those whom he considers to stand in the way of restoring peace. Such arrests are not necessarily for punishment, but are by way of precaution to prevent the exercise of hostile power. So long as such arrests are made in good faith and in the honest belief that they are needed in order to head the insurrection off, the [Executive] is the final judge and cannot be subjected to an action after he is out of office on the ground for his belief. . . When it comes to a decision by the head of the State upon a matter involving its life, the ordinary rights of individuals must yield to what he deems the necessities of the moment. Public danger warrants the substitution of executive process for judicial process.”

Granted, this is not the same position that was taken by the Court in ex parte Milligan (71 US 2 [1866]). That Court resoundingly said, "Martial law ... destroys every guarantee of the Constitution." Reminding Americans of similar actions that had been taken by the King of Great Britain, which in turn were part of the basis for the Revolution, the courts stated, "Civil liberty and this kind of martial law cannot endure together; the antagonism is irreconcilable; and, in the conflict, one or the other must perish."

Factually, such militaristic rule is to be established by the Legislative Branch. “The Congress shall have Power To … provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;” U.S. Constitution Article 1, Section 8 However, the Constitution further states that the President, “…shall from time to time give to the Congress Information on the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient;” Article II, Section 3 Should the Senate and the House be under Democratic control and Obama comes to them advising of a threat to our Nation, is there any doubt that Obama will have his way? Additionally, since we’ve clearly seen that Obama appears to have no respect for the Constitution itself, why should we expect that if elected, all of a sudden he will try to comply with its restraints?

I fear for our great nation and her potential demise should we as Americans elect Sen. Obama. I shall take no joy in saying “I told you so” if Obama gets elected. But just for the record, remember, “I told you so.”

Cynthia Noland Dunbar, Esq. has been a licensed, practicing attorney for over 17 years and has dedicated much of her practice to the area of appellate law. She has studied and researched the law on numerous Constitutional and Common Law issues that framed our nation. A graduate of Regent University Law, she was the founding editor of the Regent University Law Review. She regularly speaks on constitutional, pro-life, conservative and legislative issues, and avidly defends our nation’s identity. She recently released her book One Nation Under God: How the Left Is Trying to Erase What Made Us Great,

RandomGuy
11-04-2008, 01:19 PM

Here is the short pdf file that outlines the district:

http://mansfield.tea.state.tx.us/TEA.AskTED.Web/TSDfiles/tsd2008/not_tagged/sboe_map_and_members.pdf

RandomGuy
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't think that her words won't come back to haunt her, if not in this election, then in the next one.

The Bachmann Effect.

Tinklenberg 08.

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/general/2008gensbs.shtml

She is not up for election this cycle.

Good. That gives us Democrats some time to find someone to defeat her when she comes up for re-election.

BushDynasty
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Here is the short pdf file that outlines the district:

http://mansfield.tea.state.tx.us/TEA.AskTED.Web/TSDfiles/tsd2008/not_tagged/sboe_map_and_members.pdf

My kinda district and rep!

DarkReign
11-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Damn, my bad. I just went to the site, I should have figured it was a national district.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2008, 01:49 PM
A graduate of Regent University Law, she was the founding editor of the Regent University Law Review.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2008, 01:52 PM
I love the refrain: we’ve clearly seen that Obama appears to have no respect for the Constitution itself. I guess she's not convinced of the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate.

RandomGuy
11-04-2008, 01:53 PM
A graduate of Regent University Law, she was the founding editor of the Regent University Law Review.

Regent University - America's Preeminent Christian University

Man she gets scarier the more you find out about her.

I have no problem with someone being Christian, but this chick looks like some kind of fundie ideologue bent on a theocracy.

boutons_
11-04-2008, 05:11 PM
On the State Board of Ed, she very probably has input to contents of public school textbooks and curricula.

IIRC, national textbook publishers skew their textbooks for the national market so they will be acceptable to TX's flaming assholes like Dunbar.

2centsworth
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
it makes for a great movie. Maybe a 24 sequel

nuclearfm
10-13-2009, 08:04 PM
:lol

Nbadan
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Laugh now, but wait till it shows up in next year's history books...

RandomGuy
03-15-2010, 10:59 AM
bump. 'cause its relevant.

word
03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Not altogether suprising, considering it's already been established that 23% of Texans are abysmally ignorant. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6084678.html)

Said the dufus from California....

Thank goodness for Mississippi and Alabama.

If not for the two southern states, California students would be at the bottom of the national heap in mathematics, according to the 2009 Nation's Report Card released Wednesday.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-10-15/bay-area/17183815_1_math-level-test

Cali has some of the worst schools in the nation, some of the most underfunded, and one of the most ignorant populations in the United States....but keep trying, Kings fan.

boutons_deux
03-15-2010, 11:32 AM
"worst schools in the nation, some of the most underfunded"

aka, legislating by referendum.

CA had the best state university system in country, and probably world, it made CA one of the top, richest, most productive economies in the world for decades, then conservatives and Repugs started their anti-tax referendums and ran CA into a shithole.

Proving that investment in education pays off for everybody, and not investing in anything like education, sewers, water, electricity, roads, hurts everybody.

Darrin
03-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Don't feel bad. We're a bunch of northern red-necks. Yupers like their guns just as much as you southern folk--hunting is serious business around here. We had Timothy McVeigh and the Michigan Militia and Dylan Klebold, that nice boy in Columbine, yeah, he used to live here, too. And then there's Kwame Kilpatrick and Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon, and Dr. Death. President Obama is now running two of the three automakers. And Detroit is a crime-riddled, obese, post-industrialized ghost town. Let's all throw some beer at Ron Artest.

Point is: We all have our crazies--every state. Still, I'm glad George W. Bush isn't from Michigan.

Stringer_Bell
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Laugh now, but wait till it shows up in next year's history books...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao
:lmao

HOLY SHEEEEEEEEIIIIIITTTTTT!!

That Dunbar bitch was the center of a thread someone recently made about Texas Education. Can you say Nbadan-stradamus? Like a freaking prophet, man!

RandomGuy
10-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Keep these jackasses in mind when you head to the polls.

DarrinS
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Bill Ayer's writing a sequel to Dreams from My Father.

MannyIsGod
10-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd never let my child go to a public school in Texas.

Spurminator
10-19-2010, 06:06 PM
I don't know, the good thing about it is it definitely motivates you to be involved in their education.

DarrinS
10-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the number of public school teachers that believe Bush and Cheney orchestrated 9/11 outnumber nutters like this by a wide margin. You guys just have your feewings hurt because this person has a dumbass conspiracy theory that includes the Messiah.

Nbadan
10-19-2010, 09:24 PM
That's what happens when you put a wing-nutter in office....expect a lot more of this in 2011 if ignorant voters put wing-nuts back into office...

ChumpDumper
10-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the number of public school teachers that believe Bush and Cheney orchestrated 9/11 outnumber nutters like this by a wide margin. You guys just have your feewings hurt because this person has a dumbass conspiracy theory that includes the Messiah.Why are your feewings so hurt?

RandomGuy
10-20-2010, 10:02 PM
That's what happens when you put a wing-nutter in office....expect a lot more of this in 2011 if ignorant voters put wing-nuts back into office...

We will get the country we deserve. :depressed

Wild Cobra
10-20-2010, 10:14 PM
bump. 'cause its relevant.

Why?

Because it didn't happen?

Just think. this nutcase could claim so much if something did happen.

scary...

Spurminator
10-20-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the number of public school teachers that believe Bush and Cheney orchestrated 9/11 outnumber nutters like this by a wide margin. You guys just have your feewings hurt because this person has a dumbass conspiracy theory that includes the Messiah.

She's on the State Board of Education. This obviously doesn't bother you because you're an irrational partisan dumbass.

DarrinS
10-21-2010, 08:09 AM
She's on the State Board of Education. This obviously doesn't bother you because you're an irrational partisan dumbass.

Does she still hold this position in 2010? The OP was from Nov. 2008.

coyotes_geek
10-21-2010, 08:25 AM

So says the 911 twoofer................

RandomGuy
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Does she still hold this position in 2010? The OP was from Nov. 2008.

(Sighs)

1) Finding this information took me 25 seconds. Google is your friend.

2) If you had bothered to read the (very short) thread, you might have noted that she wasn't up for re-election last cycle.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=3803

Yes, this oxygen thief is still on the Board.

RandomGuy
10-21-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php?ArticleID=4140

Did I mention she was a birther?

... and a staunch creationist. :spless:

DarrinS
10-21-2010, 08:47 AM
(Sighs)

1) Finding this information took me 25 seconds. Google is your friend.

2) If you had bothered to read the (very short) thread, you might have noted that she wasn't up for re-election last cycle.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=3803

Thanks, but not the question I asked.

RandomGuy
10-21-2010, 08:56 AM
She's on the State Board of Education.

Does she still hold this position in 2010?

Thanks, but not the question I asked.

??????????????????????????????????

Blake
10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
??????????????????????????????????

you didn't give a properly nuanced answer

RandomGuy
10-21-2010, 09:48 AM
you didn't give a properly nuanced answer

The "proper answer" according to Darrin would have been something along the lines of "yes, but Democrats suck", I'm sure. :lol

DarrinS
10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
The "proper answer" according to Darrin would have been something along the lines of "yes, but Democrats suck", I'm sure. :lol

I should've been more clear. When I asked "does she still hold this position", I wasn't asking about her job. I was wondering whether she still believe Obama is plotting with terrorists.

For the record, I don't think she should have this job if she has such an irrational belief system.

RandomGuy
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I should've been more clear. When I asked "does she still hold this position", I wasn't asking about her job. I was wondering whether she still believe Obama is plotting with terrorists.

For the record, I don't think she should have this job if she has such an irrational belief system.

Aaaaah. Gotcha.

As for the "plotting with terrorists" belief, that is a good question. I don't know. It wasn't too hard to find one of her blog/written articles when this first popped up.

That aside, she is still almost certainly an avowed creationist.

That irrational belief system is more than enough to make me want to keep her as far away from deciding what goes into textbooks as possible. It has been the stated goal of a lot of Christian fundies to get their people elected to just such governmental bodies for exactly the reason of inserting Intelligent Design and other Christian theology into textbooks.

clambake
10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
sounds like the world is flat in texas, again.

Spurminator
10-21-2010, 10:35 AM
If you at any time wrote an column suggesting that Obama is promoting the downfall of America with the help of terrorists, or that Bush/Cheney orchestrated 9/11 attacks, that should pretty much bar you from serving in this kind of position regardless of any change of heart.

Spurminator
10-21-2010, 01:10 PM
sounds like the world is flat in texas, again.

There are some who believe it is, and we should give fair time to teaching their viewpoint as well. The round earth theory has flaws, after all.