PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brewer vs T-Mac in prime?

sook
11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Just some interesting Jazz posts:
http://jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32717&p=648868#p648868

Do you guys think Brewer can become scoring leader of the NBA on the grizzles or do anything closely remote to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMPYW1cLs0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b1oAC_pq8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTqK7Z8fejQ

I don't know, so i was just wondering....:lol

Allanon
11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Ronnie Brewer? You gotta be kidding me. Lay off the crack pipe Jazz fans.

TMac's one of the most talented players in the NBA. He's right there with Kobe and LeBron when it comes to talent.

His problems:

1) He's not a winner
2) No killer instinct
3) He's injured too much

Ronnie's a good defender and a good athlete but he has a low talent ceiling.

Trevor Ariza, Gerald Green, Josh Howard, Travis Outlaw would be better comparisons for Ronnie Brewer.

sook
11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Ronnie Brewer? You gotta be kidding me. Lay off the crack pipe Jazz fans.

TMac's one of the most talented players in the NBA. He's right there with Kobe and LeBron when it comes to talent.

His problems:

1) He's not a winner
2) No killer instinct
3) He's injured too much

Ronnie's a good defender and a good athlete.

Trevor Ariza, Gerald Green, Josh Howard would be better comparisons for Ronnie Brewer.

same exact thing, i agree on the non winning instinct thing about him too

dirk4mvp
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
This is retarded.

If the Rockets had the T-Mac from the Magic, they'd be absolutely unstoppable.

balli
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey. I got an IP ban at Jazzfanz and can't see shit. Anybody wanna do me a solid and compile some highlights?

Personally. I think they're two completely different types of players. Ronnie will never have the fluidity or jumpshot of T-Mac. He's more physically athletic and durable and he'll be a much better defender, but I doubt he could ever be a superstar of that type. Still, I'd rather have Brewer as a very heavily utilized role player than T-Mac as my superstar.

sook
11-04-2008, 04:34 PM
[[[[LOL brewer would defintly avg 18 points hahahahhaa ur funny
check these stats:
2 years ago
12 minutes 4.6 points
last year
27min a game 12 points
this year(although 2 games played, small sample size)
25min a game 15.5 points(2.5 points of ur "impossible" 18 point mark) in just 25 minutes

so even if he plays 33 minutes a game he would not score 2.5 points more???????????? wow

and that as a 4th option in the starting lineup

so you still think 18 points a game is imposible?????]]]] QUOTE

* Report this post

Postby SaltyDawg on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 pm
What exactly does T-Mac do better than Brewer? There are a number of things Brewer does better than T-Mac, but can anyone name something T-Mac does better than Brewer that supposedly makes him so much better?

Defense- I don't think there is any argument Brewer is worlds better than T-Mac.
Shooting- I'll be nice and say it's even, but in all reality Brewer is probably the better shooter.
Getting to the basket- I'll be nice and say it's even again, but in reality Brewer is probably better.
Movement without the ball- No question, Brewer is way better than T-Mac here.
Passing- remember, Brewer was considered one of the best point guards in the NCAA at one time. He plays in a system that doesn't utilize his pg skills in the NBA, so we don't get to see him handle the ball that much. But I am pretty sure Brewer could average 5 assists per game or so if he played on OKC.
Rebounding- Brewer plays on a team with arguably the best front court in the NBA. Boozer, Okur, Millsap, Kirilenko, and Harpring are all good rebounders. On most nights, at least 3 of them will have 8 rebounds each (or more). It would be interesting to see what kind of rebounds Brewer could get on another team. I don;t think there is any question though, Brewer has a better rebounding body than T-Mac.

It's ridiculous to think T-Mac is automatically so much better than Brewer. Even if you think T-Mac is better in a couple areas than Brewer, Brewer is better in enough arewas that an argument can be made that he is the better player.
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]QUOTE

just one of the many ignorant responses, if it was just like one person i wouldn't care.

But the fact that just about every single poster there feels that way really makes me wonder.

I mean if you went to any board and compared Landry to KG or Duncan, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the courage to say landry was better because they know its not even close

monosylab1k
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
:lmao you've got to be the blindest of Jazz Fan homers to think that Brewer shoots better than T-Mac. Literally blind, because one look at Brewer's shooting mechanics will scar you for life.

I can agree that he's a better defender and moves better without the ball, but only an idiot would say he's a better shooter.

sook
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey. I got an IP ban at Jazzfanz and can't see shit. Anybody wanna do me a solid and compile some highlights?

Personally. I think they're two completely different types of players. Ronnie will never have the fluidity or jumpshot of T-Mac. He's more physically athletic and durable and he'll be a much better defender, but I doubt he could ever be a superstar of that type. Still, I'd rather have Brewer as a very heavily utilized role player than T-Mac as my superstar.
Yea , i think Brewer is an EXCELLENT athlete, all those dunks proved that to me last year but i'm not convinced because he isn't as fluid and lacks the length tmac has that can get him around even when he shoots bad

jack sommerset
11-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Who is Brewer? I'll look him up.

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2008, 04:59 PM
jazz fans are the biggest homers who cant accept that cp3 is better than deron....

stretch
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
lol, brewer a better shooter than t-mac???

IMO, when healthy and in sync, T-mac has one of the best jumpshots in the NBA. And his range is out of this world. he may have more range than any shooter in the NBA (along with Kobe)

Doug Collins
11-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Brewer is a good defender and dunker. His offensive game revolves around getting opportunistic put-backs/alley-oops. His jumpshot is terrible. Last year, teams would dare him to shoot from the outside. He still has a lot of time to improve his jumpshot and definitely has great athleticism.

FYI Brewer sucks at drinking. The time I ran into him at a bar in Fayetteville he got wasted off four patron shots...pussy. He did have a nice watch though.

mystargtr34
11-04-2008, 08:05 PM
LOL at people actually responding and trying to convince the guy that no, T-Mac is better. Leave him in his fantasy world.

billy29
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
steve nash is better