ChumpDumper
11-04-2008, 04:41 PM
She's no Willie Horton.

Moocher
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
She sounds like my kind of woman.

PM5K
11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
It just blew my mind, I watched her talk about how if Obama was the President she wouldn't have to worry about the price of gas, or paying her mortgage (this was an African American woman) and I never thought to myself that she would get free gas, or not have to be responsible for paying her mortgage, then they had people on CNN calling her Peggy The Moocher, saying she thought she'd be getting a free ride, and that's not how I took her comments at all.

I thought she meant she wouldn't have to worry about it just the same as nobody worries about it when gas is 2.50 a gallon of less, people worry about it when it's 4.00, that doesn't mean we expect free gas, it just means we don't worry about it when the price is reasonable.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Of course. People don't like thinking that hard though.

KenMcCoy
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
It just blew my mind, I watched her talk about how if Obama was the President she wouldn't have to worry about the price of gas, or paying her mortgage (this was an African American woman) and I never thought to myself that she would get free gas, or not have to be responsible for paying her mortgage, then they had people on CNN calling her Peggy The Moocher, saying she thought she'd be getting a free ride, and that's not how I took her comments at all.

I thought she meant she wouldn't have to worry about it just the same as nobody worries about it when gas is 2.50 a gallon of less, people worry about it when it's 4.00, that doesn't mean we expect free gas, it just means we don't worry about it when the price is reasonable.

I agree with the reasoning on the gas...but how can she not have to worry about paying her mortgage anymore??? Unless I missed something, I don't think mortgage payments have dropped 40% like gas has recently (which has more to do with demand dropping than anything Obama/McCain did or said).

I saw it as her being excited knowing that she can stop paying her mortgage and Obama won't let her get kicked out.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Could it possibly be that she expects mortgages to be renegotiated to avoid some of the problems caused by adjustable interest rates?

KenMcCoy
11-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah probably, but the way she said it made it seem like she wasn't going to pay her mortgage until they renegotiate it. Which would probably be 6-8 months of her not having to pay any mortgage.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah probablyThanks.

Too bad she doesn't have an agent and a country music deal. Then she could dominate a week of news cycles to explain her sound bite.

Drachen
11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
wow 6-8 mos? that would be between 8-10k that I could invest! That would be awesome!

Serious note: I also don't think she was saying she wasn't going to have to pay for it. I have a decent job, a reasonable mortgage, etc. I don't worry about paying my mortgage. I can budget comfortably with my current situation. If my situation were to change, perhaps I would start worrying about paying my mortgage. I think THAT's what she was saying. (though I am going off of quotes on this thread (and others I have seen like it) because I am at work and cant watch this.)

PM5K
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM
wow 6-8 mos? that would be between 8-10k that I could invest! That would be awesome!

Serious note: I also don't think she was saying she wasn't going to have to pay for it. I have a decent job, a reasonable mortgage, etc. I don't worry about paying my mortgage. I can budget comfortably with my current situation. If my situation were to change, perhaps I would start worrying about paying my mortgage. I think THAT's what she was saying. (though I am going off of quotes on this thread (and others I have seen like it) because I am at work and cant watch this.)

Yeah, that's what I took from her sound bite as well, which is why I thought the response to her comments seemed pretty far off.