PDA

View Full Version : Is pro sports for the rich only?

Caltex2
11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey check this out. It's a pretty good piece about the high cost of attendence at sports events:

http://www.snsportsbeat.net/2008/10/greed-is-hurting-sports.html

Does anyone here even go to the games on a regular basis? I personally have never even met a person who goes on a regular basis or had season tickets, etc...

Just why the he// do we have to fork over the money not only to build these arenas but to attend them as well when all it does is benefit the corperate types?

jacobdrj
11-04-2008, 07:12 PM
In a time of prosperity, ticket prices go up. In a time of recession, they generally don't go up (but inflation does, so there is a bit of a balancing out effect during the dark times).

I can go to Pistons game on a regular basis because they always have a sub-20 dollar section, even during the playoffs.

I have never been to a pro football game, (not that I have much interest) but they keep raising prices, because people keep paying (Fords, go figure).

I think I would go to more baseball games, were I able to with friends, but that isn't so common.

ChumpDumper
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
That's why I like minor league sports.

Anti.Hero
11-04-2008, 07:18 PM
If you have money, go.

If you don't, don't.

If they can't fill enough seats, prices will go down.

Caltex2
11-05-2008, 10:56 AM
In a time of prosperity, ticket prices go up. In a time of recession, they generally don't go up (but inflation does, so there is a bit of a balancing out effect during the dark times).

I can go to Pistons game on a regular basis because they always have a sub-20 dollar section, even during the playoffs.

I have never been to a pro football game, (not that I have much interest) but they keep raising prices, because people keep paying (Fords, go figure).

I think I would go to more baseball games, were I able to with friends, but that isn't so common.

Baseball's the easiest one to get into. Yet and still, I've only been to one game. I've never even been to an NBA game, though I have gone to a couple WNBA games (for whatever that's worth).

mrspurs
11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Thats why there is the money the media makes for teams. Just because noone is at the game doesnt mean the team isnt making money. In truth a regular fan isnt suckered by the high costs of what a normal water costs. And in truth Ive never seen a season ticket holder come to the AT&T center riding the bus.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Since I became rich as of about ten o'clock last night, I can tell you that I still can't afford to go to sporting events. Hell, tickets to the A&M Baylor game were about 70 bucks a pop. That's more than the last Cowboys game I went to.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
The past 5-6 years they have gone absolutly out of this world and climbing.

Caltex2
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Since I became rich as of about ten o'clock last night, I can tell you that I still can't afford to go to sporting events. Hell, tickets to the A&M Baylor game were about 70 bucks a pop. That's more than the last Cowboys game I went to.

What'd you do to get rich? Don't tell me you hit it big in Vegas?:p: