PDA

View Full Version : This Team Is Worse Than Even I Thought

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Old. Listless. Missing Manu.

Is the front office that pompous to think that they can lose some key contributers and do virtually nothing to improve yet keep pace with the West?

It's insulting to watch the Rockets take it to the champion Celtics tonight on the other channel, led by Artest and Barry. Both of these players should be Spurs in my mind.

It pain me to watch these Spurs play.

I mean... I don't like any of them besides Duncan. Seriously.

Parker is good, but I still think he is pretty much an undeersized SG with ball handling skills. He's not a playmaker. And I can't root for him. He seems smug. Must be a French thing.

I like Mason, I guess. I'm dying to see what Mahimini and Hill can do. Farmer seems aggressive and athletics, but stupid. Okay... "unpolished."

Everyone else on the team is old or sucks.

I am so sick of Mike Finley's bricks (I was up until 1:20 AM the other night and he blew it for the Spurs against Portland).

It still amazes me that Bruce Bowen and Jacques Vaughn see regular minutes on the Spurs, when most teams would've waived them both. 3 seasons ago.

And it can't all be attributed to Manu, but it does show how the front office basically rely on the Big Three and have surrounded them with sh1t.

The Spurs are on their way to their second loss at home and it's Election Day for krissakes!

I hope the Spurs don't dig too deep a hole before Manu comes back.

This is a fvcking joke.

Tim Duncan and we fans deserve better.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Spurs fans are some spoiled bitches.

ALAMO_DEFENSE
11-04-2008, 10:22 PM
We are done already for this season. Lets move on and think about next season trades and signings.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Spurs fans are some spoiled bitches.

:tu

I guess that's what happens to a franchise that hasn't won any championships.

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Spoiled? No.

Lucky? Yes.

Demmanding? We should be.

When you are bestowed Tim Duncan and (I'll give the front office credit for) Parker and Manu, how can you be pleased with the bare bones role players?

That's Beno Udrih and Luis Scola starting for Western teams, right?

How's Ron Artest doing with that one-year deal so far on that other Texas team?

I am scared sh1tless of what this team is going to be like as Duncan approaches retirement.

We literally need him to sit out a year, so we can win the lottery again. Oh, and then we have to hope there is another all-franchise center available. A Kevin Durant or Derick Rose simply won't do.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
You're making demands over a basketball team you have no effect over. Get a grip.

SoCalSpursFan
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
You're making demands over a basketball team you have no effect over. Get a grip.

just so you know, what you said is completely idiotic.

w/o fans the NBA doesn't exist, hence, all fans have a right to demand whatever they please. gtfo.

i bet you didn't vote either...cause 1 vote has no effect on the election...right?:rolleyes

BlackSwordsMan
11-04-2008, 10:38 PM
trade parker!

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:38 PM

You mean to tell me if Spurs fans stopped buying tickets and caring about the team, no effect would take place? Tell that to Seattle...

Punkkboy44
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Ghost..U R SO RIGHT..Diehard Spurs fans badmouthed me when I said Vaughn is worthless...Bowen is worthless..Thomas worthless..Finleys non existent confidence..OMG and Parker in the Portland game never smiled..it really looked like playing was a JOB..he really did not like..A SHAME..but I saw this coming...

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
it's 3 games against 3 good teams..

we have 4 games coming up that we should win..if we struggle in those games, then we'll have more things to worry about..

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Mr. Bottomfeeder is a blind homer. It's all good.

I could get Duncan and the kids that play in the local rec league to the playoffs in the East.

The current roster is an abortion.

Three of the Spurs starters would be deep on the benches of the other top teams in the West.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
just so you know, what you said is completely idiotic.

w/o fans the NBA doesn't exist, hence, all fans have a right to demand whatever they please. gtfo.

i bet you didn't vote either...cause 1 vote has no effect on the election...right?:rolleyes

You take it too seriously. I understand that the NBA revolves around fans, I'm not an idiot. But making demands of them to improve and get better players is just dumb. WTF is whining about Artest and Udrih gonna do? Jackshit. You really think that if all Spurs fans start saying 'that's what they get for not making a big move for Artest or re-signing Udrih' that the Spurs are actually gonna do it? They're professionals that have better things to do than listen to fans who think they deserve to be spoiled.

It's a sport. Either your team wins or loses. Deal with it.

And no, I didn't vote.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
You mean to tell me if Spurs fans stopped buying tickets and caring about the team, no effect would take place? Tell that to Seattle...

Nice way to completely flip what I said. :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Mr. Bottomfeeder is a blind homer. It's all good.

Oh you're so good. Changing it from tooth to feeder? Absolutely brilliant. :tu
I would've never thought of that.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice way to completely flip what I said. :tu

Nice way to backpedal out of your stance... :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
Nice way to backpedal out of your stance... :tu

Yes because I totally said if fans stopped caring about the NBA and buying tickets nothing bad would happen. :tu

Jahivah
So this offseason we money on Finley and Thomas?
I don't have half the basketball knowledge that Pop has in his pinky finger but even me knew that we had to get younger to compete in an improved western conference.

So now we pin our hopes on the oft injured into his 30's Ginobli. This may be a long season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Keep the :tu trend going.

Russ
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
The Spurs suck.

But Obama wins!!!!!

(And the Spurs will be much better soon.) :)

bdictjames
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Thomas really needs to fucking step his game up. Shit I'd rather have Ian there than him.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes because I totally said if fans stopped caring about the NBA and buying tickets nothing bad would happen. :tu

No, you said fans shouldn't get up in arms about the decisions their team's front office makes because nothing you do will affect it anyway. My comment was supporting the fact that fans, when fed up, can make a difference by not giving them a reason to stay...

Oh yeah, almost forgot... :tu

knee-knee-3
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Gimme a fucking break! This team should at least be 1-2. It's waaaaaay too early to jump ship.

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Again, what part about the Spurs getting run off the court by the younger, more talented Lakers last playoffs made them sit there and say "Yeah, let's stay pat."

Barry was one of the few who could actually score in the playoffs.

We brought all the sh1t back!

ducks
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
The Spurs suck.

But Obama wins!!!!!

(And the Spurs will be much better soon.) :)

not because of mrs hope

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
No, you said fans shouldn't get up in arms about the decisions their team's front office makes because nothing you do will affect it anyway. My comment was supporting the fact that fans, when fed up, can make a difference by not giving them a reason to stay...

Oh yeah, almost forgot... :tu
Yep, because the Spurs FO reads SpursTalk everyday.

spurs1990
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
How about this - we're old, we're boring, and now we suck too.

The fucking triumvirate.

Congrats Pop, RC, and Peter Holt.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Yep, because the Spurs FO reads SpursTalk everyday.

Better here than nothing... :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Better here than nothing... :tu

Still doesn't mean they read it.

2centsworth
11-04-2008, 10:57 PM
if this FO can get it's head out of it's ass we have enough star power to make one more push.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Maybe...maybe not. If it isn't posted at all though...that DEFINITELY means they didn't read it.

xellos88330
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Faith my friends... FAITH!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Maybe...maybe not. If it isn't posted at all though...that DEFINTELY means they didn't read it.

Yep, because they would totally take our advice.
Like when they decided to cut Darius Washington.
Like when they sent James Gist overseas.
Like when they drafted Hill.
Like when they let Jackson go
Like when they traded Scola and Butler.
Need I go on?

tlongII
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM

Dude, I can guarantee you that NBA FO's read message boards.

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
We use this Forum to vent, Bottomtooth.

It's all we got.

Ever wonder how bad this team would be if Robinson didn't go down in 1996?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
We use this Forum to vent, Bottomtooth.
Just that? Since when?

It's all I got.
Fixed.

Ever wonder how bad this team would be if Robinson didn't go down in 1996?
Oh noes.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Yep, because they would totally take our advice.
Like when they decided to cut Darius Washington.
Like when they sent James Gist overseas.
Like when they drafted Hill.
Like when they let Jackson go
Like when they traded Scola and Butler.
Need I go on?

You never know when they will decide to change their ways for the better. They may not read the specific posts but, if they feel this forum is a gauge for their fanbase, who knows what they will do with the feedback...

When this forum was asking for a Kurt Thomas like player last year and the Spurs pulled the trigger...is that an example for my case since you have so many examples against it? How about when the Spurs signed Finley and Van Exel in the 2005 off season? The resigning of Barry last year? Need I go on?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Dude, I can guarantee you that NBA FO's read message boards.

Can you guarantee that what message boards have to say honestly are taken into account by NBA FO decisions?
When was the last time you heard of a team making a trade because timvp said so, or waiving a player because I said he sucks?

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
When was the last time you heard of a team making a trade because timvp said so, or waiving a player because I said he sucks?

Admitting to it and doing it are 2 different things...I'm not saying specific posts sway any FO personnel but the temperament of it's fanbase could certainly play a factor...

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
You never know when they will decide to change their ways for the better.
Yes, because their recent mindset has been making it for the worse.

They may not read the specific posts but, if they feel this forum is a gauge for their fanbase, who knows what they will do with the feedback...
Probably laugh at the tanking remarks and get back to work.

When this forum was asking for a Kurt Thomas like player last year and the Spurs pulled the trigger...is that an example for my case since you have so many examples against it?
If you can prove the Spurs got that idea from SpursTalk, sure.

How about when the Spurs signed Finley and Van Exel in the 2005 off season?
^

The resigning of Barry last year?
That was a no-fucking-brainer. They didn't need a message board to know that.

Need I go on?
Yes.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Admitting to it and doing it are 2 different things...I'm not saying specific posts sway any FO personnel but the temperament of it's fanbase could certainly play a factor...

Maybe, but none of us know.

tlongII
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Can you guarantee that what message boards have to say honestly are taken into account by NBA FO decisions?

What the hell are you arguing now? First you said the Spurs FO doesn't read the board. Now you're saying if they do they don't consider any info on it in making a decision. Why don't you take a stance and stick to it?

Of course they don't make decisions based on what they read on message boards, but I guarantee that they read them. It gives them a take on what the general public feels about the franchise. They would be stupid not to consider the information here.

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Bottomtooth, why are you here if not to vent or exchange ideas about the Spurs?

Are you one of those mind-numbing, blinded homers, incapable or unwilling to post critical thoughts.

If so, kindly kill yourself.

Now.

rascal
11-04-2008, 11:19 PM
What did you really expect in the first 3 games? The spurs are not that good that they can have one of their top 3 players out and beat playoff teams in the west.

They weren't even any good against the playoff teams last year with a healthy team.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 11:19 PM
If you can prove the Spurs got that idea from SpursTalk, sure.

They may (or may not) pick and choose which feedback to take...but at least the thought is out there. What they do with it is their option but, if it isn't brought up, no one can say the fans didn't try...why are you so hellbent on taking that away from fans? Regardless of what the FO reads (or doesn't), it still gives the fanbase a voice to express themselves...tough shit if you don't like reading it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:20 PM
What the hell are you arguing now? First you said the Spurs FO doesn't read the board. Now you're saying if they do they don't consider any info on it in making a decision. Why don't you take a stance and stick to it?
I have. Notice how my second stance contains an if.

Of course they don't make decisions based on what they read on message boards, but I guarantee that they read them. It gives them a take on what the general public feels about the franchise. They would be stupid not to consider the information here.
I can agree with that. What I'm saying is I doubt that they strongly take what message boards have to say into consideration. What do they really need to see a message board for? It's their job to find the next targets.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Bottomtooth, why are you here if not to vent or exchange ideas about the Spurs?

Are you one of those mind-numbing, blinded homers, incapable or unwilling to post critical thoughts.

If so, kindly kill yourself.

Now.

Nah, this staying alive thing is pretty cool.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
They may (or may not) pick and choose which feedback to take...but at least the thought is out there. What they do with it is their option but, if it isn't brought up, no one can say the fans didn't try...why are you so hellbent on taking that away from fans? Regardless of what the FO reads (or doesn't), it still gives the fanbase a voice to express themselves...tough shit if you don't like reading it.
I'm not hellbent on taking it away. That's the point of sports message boards. To discuss about the team and what we think they should do. If I didn't like that, why the fuck would I be here?

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm not hellbent on taking it away. That's the point of sports message boards. To discuss about the team and what we think they should do. If I didn't like that, why the fuck would I be here?

If that is true, why discourage others to post their thoughts only because "the FO doesn't care what you think anyway..."?

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Fine, Bottomtooth. Who cares if the front office reads or not?

the point is that I had to cover my eyes and peer through my fingers to watch the team play tonight out of fear and disgust.

The Rockets highlights were too much to bear.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
If that is true, why discourage others to post their thoughts only because "the FO doesn't care what you think anyway..."?

Because I find whiny spoiled fans annoying.
But that's my opinion. Which is fine, because that's what a message board is all about, right?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Fine, Bottomtooth. Who cares if the front office reads or not?

the point is that I had to cover my eyes and peer through my fingers to watch the team play tonight out of fear and disgust.

The Rockets highlights were too much to bear.

I agree, it was a pretty shitty game.

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
What did you really expect in the first 3 games? The spurs are not that good that they can have one of their top 3 players out and beat playoff teams in the west.

They weren't even any good against the playoff teams last year with a healthy team.

conference finals..

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:29 PM
conference finals..

:lol :tu

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Because I find whiny spoiled fans annoying.
But that's my opinion. Which is fine, because that's what a message board is all about, right?

As I find Spurs homers whining about any non-positive post regarding their team annoying...so I guess it is all good....:tu

A message board is a message board after all...

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Indeed.

SequSpur
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Parker is good, but I still think he is pretty much an undeersized SG with ball handling skills. He's not a playmaker. And I can't root for him. He seems smug. Must be a French thing.

You know, I am on board with most of your takes tonight, but this comment right here is fucking ludicrous.

Tony Parker is one of the best playmakers in the whole fucking NBA.

Dude, you need to wake up.

DROB4EVER
11-04-2008, 11:47 PM
We need a shake up, Bonner, Thomas, Vaughn, Bowen all good looker room guys but just are not NBA players anymore. I can see us looking to make a deal or two. Getting Manu back and getting a low seed in the playoffs is worthless.

We need to do what it takes to win now, 2010 be damned!

AC#21_TD ERA
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
The Spurs got no one but themselves to blame with this 0-3 start. They didn't get younger, they didn't go after Artest, they brang back players that have already reached their expiry date, and they continue to persist with players like Vaughn who is pathetic and keeps holding back our talent.

I think Pop learnt somehting tonight and that's it doesnt hurt to play some youth. Buy out Vaughn, trade KT, start Mason, give Hill and Famer consistent minutes, we do that we'll be a better team going foward.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I think there are two major problems here:
1) the 2010 "plan" - fuck that shit - if we had fully used the MLE for the last two years we could have snagged a long 3 to replace Bruce, who has clearly slowed a step, and a young big to complement Tim;
2) the draft - so many wasted draft picks in recent memory that turned into nothing but could have been used on long athletes... memo to Pop - IT HAS BECOME AN ATHLETE'S GAME! We need athletes! Fin ain't getting it done!

The FO should have started introducing new blood after the 2007 season - 2 players each year and in 3 years you have a far younger, more athletic team. Instead, 2010 became the Holy Grail and now we'll have to suffer through 2 years of TD's prime that will be wasted. TD will be declining by then - what a waste.

For this season, we need a new 3 - is Ime ready? And we need the someone in the frontcourt to prove that they deserve to play next to Tim.

We'll still win 45-50 games, and maybe make the 2nd round, but wasting Timmy's prime on 2010 fool's gold pisses me off.

SequSpur
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
You know, the rest of the NBA, fucked the Spurs when they unloaded talent to Boston and LA.

The Stern Plan.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Some other things:
1) JV hate - why? He's the perfect 3rd PG.
2) KT needs to drop some weight and do some tennis drills for footspeed, or he's useless.
3) I'd love to see Mason start, but then who will score on the second team?
4) Fuck I hope Mahinmi is ready to contribute!

Avitus1
11-05-2008, 12:57 AM
We are 3 games in the hole.....

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up...

That's Right...

m33p0
11-05-2008, 12:59 AM
you're worse than i thought.

sexinthatsx
11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Perhaps you don't realize that all of our past few picks had, in fact, been good picks. In fact they were GREAT picks. It just so happens that we got fucked in the ass with Tiago Splitter that piece of shit, Luis Scola which has been mentioned way too many times for me to even care anymore, and we just have to realize that it couldn't happen at a worse time: when the west is the best it has ever been...

nobodi_home
11-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Well, the office dicks run off Rasho by bringing in bozo Nazi Mohommand, or however the hell you spell that,

Then they intimidated Beno to the point he was so nervous he couldn't play, but look how Beno is doing at Sacramento? And Beno embarrassed the hell out of Parker last year, no?

And then loud mouth Bill Shoenning told everyone in SpursLand how GREAT it was that Thomas was coming to town and how, as a consequence, Brent Barry would no longer be needed.

What the hell were those jerks smoking?

No mo Rasho
No mo Beno
No mo Barry

And now, for the first time in 35 friggin years, the Spurs become the Spuds with a record of 0-3.

No, its not time to panic, but I do find some satisfaction in seeing some of these birdbrained idiots over at the Express News, and of course, the king size assholes there at WOAI radio having to eat their well deserved crow pie, crow cake and whatever else they can find to suck on that has crow in it, when they all bid such a happy fairwell to Barry and Beno, and yes, even Rasho.

Oh oh, no one needs Rasho. We have Nazi now!!! Where is Nazi today?
What the hell has Thomas done for the cause?

Ok, Barry is near the end of his career. He's a mighty good player in my book, but with a year or so left, maybe it was a reasonable gamble to trade him, with the hope of making room for a young guy, but my early impression is, this was a gamble gone sour.

Maybe some humble pie will do the Spurs some good in the long run, but I do get a big charge out of the nasty comments in this tread. Some make sense, some not, but whatever happens, I just hope Coach Poopavich keeps his tie on so he doesn't look like some hobo that sleeps out beind the stadium dumpster between games.

3 cheers for the Spurs, and WOAI, please go fuck yourselves, ok??
Spurs Radio Netcenter, where do these fuckers come from,-- the brain dead dropouts from broadcasting school??? Please, FCC, cut their transmitter power from 50,000 watts to 5 milliwatts, ok??? Hook their antenna to a dummy load!!

thank you so much. Great posts here. Long live the Spuds.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 04:52 AM
:lol at the Rasho and Beno lamentations.