He's been good tonight :toast

Jack Vaugn, GTFO

Thank you

jrmp317
11-04-2008, 10:38 PM
so happy to finally see Hill out there.

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
If he wasn't injured this game, WTF took Popovich so long to get him in? Did he purposely want to make sure the game was out of reach?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Hill = next Chris Paul.

jrmp317
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
another 3 for Hill, god I hope we never see Vaughn again.

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
we saw the promise he showed during the pre-season..like I said at that point, he's an INSTANT upgrade over JV..

Hill and Mason backing up Tony and Manu is going to be a GREAT backcourt..we just need the help in the 3, 4 and 5 positions..

mexicanjunior
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
we just need the help in the 3, 4 and 5 positions..

That's alot of stuff to fix in a limited amount of time...

bigdog
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM
he did pretty well in my opinion. yeah he missed a couple of shots and his jumper looked off on those misses, but at least he isn't afraid to shoot and attack the basket, even with the injured finger. i'm impressed with his play.

I also liked the play of Farmer, another guy who is aggressive and isn't afraid. I think he should move up in the rotation ahead of Udoka, who is struggling so far, and I think the play of Mason has shown that Udoka isn't really as good as we thought, and not as good as we wanted him to be.

djohn14
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Ian Mahinmi will dominate. Finley wont be a bad backup. He can still knock down the shot. Ime isnt terrible. Kurt still has some game in him...and Matt Bonner still sucks.

Punkkboy44
11-04-2008, 11:55 PM
HILL...please god let Vaughn wake up tomorrow and RETIRE...

DROB4EVER
11-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Hills play may mean we can trade vaughn to Jersey

SequSpur
11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I would love to see Vaughn get let go tomorrow morning. It would make my day. I can no longer watch Vaughn, Bonner and sad to say Bowen play anymore NBA minutes.

Manufan909
11-05-2008, 12:18 AM
WTF!?! Sequ, you too short to see the game? Honestly Bowen went 75% from the field AND DROVE AND SCORED. Guess what Pop does to reward that effort? Benches him and keeps in the 0% 3 shooter Bonner.

SequSpur
11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
WTF!?! Sequ, you too short to see the game? Honestly Bowen went 75% from the field AND DROVE AND SCORED. Guess what Pop does to reward that effort? Benches him and keeps in the 0% 3 shooter Bonner.

Bowen is done.

AC#21_TD ERA
11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm going to donate a million dollars to the Spurs FO just to buy out Vaughn. I seriously cant take it anymore, how is this guy with a team like the Spurs, he isn't even good enough to play in the D-league, is Pop blind or something. J.V actually thinks he's a gun outhere, how does he even have the nerve to put on a spurs uniform?

Manufan909
11-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I thought Hills horrible first shot would deter him, but the dude was on fire, and played fearless. Farmer could learn from him.

Flux451
11-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Hill was a bright light at the end.

Udoka did pretty good. He seems to have more ups this year. And more hustle too, not bad.

SpursFanFirst
11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
I didn't get to watch the game, but it's so great to read that Hill did well! :clap
Hopefully he'll get to see some real minutes this season.

sexinthatsx
11-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Now that Hill has made an NBA debut and had a damn good first NBA game of his career, it will be sufficient to say FUCK ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THAT BATUM IS BETTER, WE SHOULD OF DRAFTED HIM, AND ALL THAT BULLSHIT!

urunobili
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Hill is da man!

hater
11-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Hill is good. yes I agree. Vaughn = official Spurs 3rd string

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 10:21 AM
The Spurs finally have a good defender on the team.

montgod
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Yes, I am hoping to see what Hill can really do against non-garbage time players... no one can be worse than Vaughn.

timvp
11-05-2008, 10:35 AM
If Pop trots out Vaughn tonight behind Parker I might meltdown Sequ style. Hill's defense and three-point shooting alone make him much more valuable than Vaughn ... especially with Manu out.

phxspurfan
11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Hill has sone long arms, that's for sure.

koriwhat
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
hill impressed me last night... you could definitely tell he had gotten under kidd's skin immediately by the way kidd kept trying to shake him. hill in at garbage time? i only saw him in with farmer, mason, thomas, and duncan vs the starters for dallas so i'd have to definitely take my hat off to hill and the rest of the crew during that stretch.

hill, mason, and farmer look promising.

Dr. Gonzo
11-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Bowen isn't on the team to drive and score. He's in there for his D which has been horrible. I actually agree with the little guy on matters concerning Bowen.

Harry Callahan
11-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Dallas did NOT have their backups in for a lot of the fourth quarter. I saw the nut puncher and Dirk out there until there was 2 minutes left in the game.

I think Hill and Parker can work out there at the same time - George has long arms and will fight you.

Once he gets totally healthy and Manu gets back, the backcourt looks a lot younger and better. The frontcourt looks like a tougher fix - hopefully ian can add some energy out there when he gets in the mix.

Not to be negative, but I hope our 09 #1 is lottery protected - If something bad happens again to the big three besides Manu's ankle, it could be tough to make the playoffs this year.

timvp
11-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Dallas did NOT have their backups in for a lot of the fourth quarter.True. Hill spent almost his entire time on the court defending either Terry or Kidd. He looked legit on both matchups. Even when Kidd beat him to the basket, Hill's length made Kidd pass it.

In summer league, Hill looked like the reincarnation of Jason Hart. But in preseason and this first game, Hill looks like a difference maker. The guard rotation of Parker, Ginobili, Hill and Mason could potentially be the best backcourt the Spurs have ever had. That would take Parker and Ginobili being healthy and Hill and Mason to continue growing but that foursome definitely has promise.

xtremesteven33
11-05-2008, 12:37 PM
If we can get Ian going soon and sign another shot blocking BIG soon, i know well pass up the Lakers in terms of the favorites.

but of course no one else would agree with that (NBA analysts)

mrspurs
11-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Dallas was up and slowing down when Hill and the young guns were in. That doesnt mean Hill didnt look good. But it does mean it might take sometime. And it might take some losses as well. The only way I see Hill ahead of Jacque is because we are behind alot. Or like last night its a back to back night. We cant lose to the Wolves. Its a must win game in my book. And it would be nice to see Hill contribute during that win. Thats the only way I see Pop keeping his boy Jacque sitting.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
If Pop trots out Vaughn tonight behind Parker I might meltdown Sequ style. Hill's defense and three-point shooting alone make him much more valuable than Vaughn ... especially with Manu out.

I'll be right there with you. I'm really annoyed that Pop allowed the Mavs' guards to toast the Spurs relentlessly without throwing George in there at all. His defense made the whole team play better. Hell, Timmy got his block after George came in.

Btw, he's not Hill anymore, he's George. :)

romad_20
11-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I have the Dallas game recorded but didn't watch. Worth watching to see him play?

I hope Hill comes out strong tonight and we get that first win. 0-3 sucks

Bender
11-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I've never seen him play - no SL or preseason games...

The mavs games last night... I watched first half, got disgusted, didn't watch the 2nd half...

so I missed seeing hill play... :bang

Fingaroll44
11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm going to donate a million dollars to the Spurs FO just to buy out Vaughn. I seriously cant take it anymore, how is this guy with a team like the Spurs, he isn't even good enough to play in the D-league, is Pop blind or something. J.V actually thinks he's a gun outhere, how does he even have the nerve to put on a spurs uniform?

He already won a ring in a Spurs uniform, AND he contributed, so maybe you should think of new questions. The hatred ppl have for JV blinds them to sooooo many other intricacies its comical. So Hill can play now.... we just kick JV to the curb? What if Hill gets hurt again? Or even worse Parker? Theres more to running the point than shooting baskets. I wish Parker could figure this out at least some of the time.

DPG21920
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
True. Hill spent almost his entire time on the court defending either Terry or Kidd. He looked legit on both matchups. Even when Kidd beat him to the basket, Hill's length made Kidd pass it.

In summer league, Hill looked like the reincarnation of Jason Hart. But in preseason and this first game, Hill looks like a difference maker. The guard rotation of Parker, Ginobili, Hill and Mason could potentially be the best backcourt the Spurs have ever had. That would take Parker and Ginobili being healthy and Hill and Mason to continue growing but that foursome definitely has promise.

This is right on the money and something I have seen since the preseason. There is a lot to be excited about. The Bowen situation is the only thing giving me pause because I feel he is what our season hangs on.

Harry Callahan
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with having Vaugh on the team as well as Hill.

I just wish Hill would have been put on the nut puncher in the first half when he was hitting everything (I don't want to give the respect of using the name of Dallas Mavs #31 - I can't stand that creep).

George Hill will get his chance to mess with the nut puncher from the get go very soon.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
the nut puncher

Call him George Jefferson. It gives me an excuse to keep posting this pic...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/mfftl.jpg

Harry Callahan
11-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Call him George Jefferson. It gives me an excuse to keep posting this pic...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/mfftl.jpg

I like it. Thanks.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I have the Dallas game recorded but didn't watch. Worth watching to see him play?

I don't know, do you want to feel better about the team? As a guy who was rooting for the Spurs and McCain, George Hill basically salvaged the evening for me. :)

I like it. Thanks.

Worst pshop I've ever done. :lol And you're welcome.

T Park
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
So much for the Spurs front office sucks at drafting eh?

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
So much for the Spurs front office sucks at drafting eh?

Who are you? BTW, I'd say that it would take any two of Hill, Hairston and Gist to work out before I'd pronounce the Spurs' draft woes healed.

picnroll
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Where is the Spurs' super scout Mr Body?