PDA

View Full Version : Hill and Mason

exstatic
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
You know what you're getting with the big three. That's a given. If you can plug Hill and Mason in for JV and Finley, it's going to be a great ride. Oh and three be damned. I'm excited.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Damn right. :tu

bdictjames
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Too bad these guys are not rebounders.

exstatic
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM

Hill is a PREMIUM rebounder for a PG. Outside of Manu, he may be the best rebounding guard on the team.

td4mvp21
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I am excited too. We suck right now but the chemistry isn't there and we have a lot of injuries. I'm optimistic.

ducks
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
time to start mason and bench mike

The Truth #6
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd love to hear the conversation between all the coaches after this game.

Slinkyman
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Mason is the only bright spot right now, Hill had a great game hopefully he continues to get more time. Our bigs are sad, we need McDyess.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
The thing is will Pop allow to bench Finley for good? His man crush is too huge for Mike.

Buddy Holly

Really? Dude's a point and is 6'3 with a 6'9 wing span. He's gonna out rebound 99.9 percent of all other point guards.

TDMVPDPOY
fi non of these guys are willing to to reb, pop should decrease there minutes...

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
there's no problem with our backcourt..

we actually might have the best backcourt in the NBA by the end of the season..Tony and Manu are already a top 5 backcourt, but when you add in backups like Mason, and HOPEFULLY Hill by the end of the season, we won't have any problems there..

the frontcourt on the other hand..

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 10:57 PM
You know what you're getting with the big three. That's a given. If you can plug Hill and Mason in for JV and Finley, it's going to be a great ride. Oh and three be damned. I'm excited.

You're freebasing again, huh, ex?

You are not excited. You're fvcking high. Again.

You think that Pop is just going to throw the keys to the car at Mason and Hill?

The last time that pop ever was forced to trust a younger, hungrier and better player over an ineffective, old veteran, we won a surprising championship.

His name was Stephen Jackson.

That was fun while it lasted.

Southwest Texas Fan
time to start mason and bench mike

I agree but who do we count on to bring the energy from the bench. Maybe Hill?

Kori Ellis
Really? Dude's a point and is 6'3 with a 6'9 wing span. He's gonna out rebound 99.9 percent of all other point guards.

He's under 6'2 - but he does have a big wingspan.

Spur-Addict
Just cut Bonner's minutes alot, play Thomas more, and Oberto more. Preserving cannot occur right now, we need to stop the bleeding. Bowen can still play, he showed it.

hater
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
oops sorry I cursed on my thread title but my point was to start Mason instead of Finley.

Bench Booner as much as possible.

Play farmer and hill. Forget the old farts. dammit!!!!

jayc23
11-04-2008, 11:05 PM
He's under 6'2 - but he does have a big wingspan.

dude.. hill is 6'2 and 3/4 inches... hes nearly 6'3

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Re-signing Finley was one of the dumber moves of the off-season. Thanks Pop.

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Again, why let Barry walk and keep Finley?

I'd beg Horry to stick around before I'd play Bonner!

The Spurs kept the shittier versions of all the clones we had last season.

hater
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
For the first time ever. I fully agree with Ghostwriter

But I seee a light at the end of the tunnel. I see Hill, Farmer, and Mason.

Manu comes back and we are back on track!

Gino2882
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
dude.. hill is 6'2 and 3/4 inches... hes nearly 6'3

Man, just let it go...

Ghost Writer
11-04-2008, 11:20 PM
For the first time ever. I fully agree with Ghostwriter

But I seee a light at the end of the tunnel. I see Hill, Farmer, and Mason.

Manu comes back and we are back on track!

That light you see is a train coming to run us over.

The veterans need to continue to play like sh1t to force Pop's hand.

And then the younger guys have to be special for them to stick in the rotation.

Pop is a stubborn SOB. That is not such a bad thing, but we need him to be able to recognize that another year older didn't equate to another year better with these veterans.

BlackSwordsMan
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
trade parker, bonner, finley,oberto,thomas and we have a good chance of winning another title

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Man, just let it go...

:lol

hater
11-04-2008, 11:32 PM
That light you see is a train coming to run us over.

The veterans need to continue to play like sh1t to force Pop's hand.

And then the younger guys have to be special for them to stick in the rotation.

Pop is a stubborn SOB. That is not such a bad thing, but we need him to be able to recognize that another year older didn't equate to another year better with these veterans.

that is where you are wrong. I guarantee Hill, Mason, Farmer will get 48 minutes combined next game. you game????

Whisky Dog
11-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Hill, Mason, and Farmer need minutes now to get accustomed and get in the flow. We may not win much at first with them, but the fact is we may not win at all with Finley, Bonner, and Vaughn getting minutes. That's the rub IMO.

hater
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
^^^^

I agree.

we cannot win with Finley, Bonner. Vaughn is ok as a 3rd string PG.

hater
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Farmer = young Stephen Jackson. How can you not go with that????

SequSpur
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM

Yeah, just think, at this rate and at this excitement, the fucking spurs could be 0 and 82 at the end of the season.

That's hall of fame material.

The Spurs fucking suck.. All of them.

Emeyin
11-04-2008, 11:41 PM
If we're going to lose (for now) might as well play the young guns and get them some much needed experience. I liked what I saw from Mason, Farmer and Hill today.

Ronaldo McDonald
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I was impressed w/ what I saw from Hill tonight. And and Mason looks good as well. Despite the record right now, I have high expectations. Hopefully Mahinmi and Tolliver can be good for us too.

:flag:

hater
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
props to everyone posting on this page! (Edit: except Sequ)

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2008, 11:46 PM
i think we wouldnt have this conversation if GIST or that fagot splitter was on the team...fuck this.

BOHOLANO#21
11-04-2008, 11:51 PM
sad thing is popovich is in love with finley and vaughn. he won't care if they are as old as dirt.:bang

SequSpur
11-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I started watching the game tonight and quickly picked up on the blowout about to occur.

Then I saw Hill and Farmer hit some shots and I think the lead was cut to 9? I can't remember.. Then Dallas slammed the door closed.

On the way home, I figured some short bus riding fool would see a ray of fucking sunshine but I didn't realize it would be Exstatic.

Let me put it to you this way.. the other teams need to fucking burn to the ground and it's the spurs players that need to do it. there is no ray of fucking sunshine when you are 0 and 3 and getting assspanked on your home court by a division rival.

So, it's dark... sunshine is gone.

Good night.

xellos88330
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
So, it's dark... sunshine is gone.

Good night.

Sun will still rise in the morning. That is guaranteed.

duncan228
11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
HILL MAKES NBA DEBUT WITH SAN ANTONIO SPURS (http://www.iupuijags.com/news/2008/11/4/MBB_1104085455.aspx)
Former Summit League Player of the Year finishes with eight points
Ed Holdaway, IUPUI Sports Information

SAN ANTONIO - Former IUPUI guard George Hill made his NBA debut on Tuesday night, turning in 11 points in 15 minutes in a 98-81 loss to the Dallas Mavericks inside the AT&T Center. The reigning Summit League Player of the Year also added an assist and a steal and hit 3-of-7 shots from the floor off the bench.

Hill missed the final three games of the preseason and first two games of the regular season, nursing an injured left thumb.

Hill scored his first professional points at the foul line, picking off a Brandon Bass pass and racing the other way in transition. After drawing a foul on perennial All-Star Jason Kidd, Hill calmly swished both free throws. Two possessions later, the 6-foot-2 guard netted his first career field goal with the shot clock winding down.

Hill crossed over a defender just right of the top of the key and worked his way to the paint where he hit a short six-foot floater over the outstretched hand of Dallas center DeSagana Diop. Hill swished a long pull-up jumper on San Antonio's next possession to pull the Spurs within nine with just under nine minutes left.

The Spurs return to action on Wednesday when they travel to Minnesota to take on the Timberwolves for a 7:00 p.m. tipoff.

Manufan909
11-05-2008, 12:15 AM
They could'nt correct the title when the summary was right??? Whatever, hopefully Pop realized Farmer+Mason+Hill equals comeback. Fab actually got under Dirks skin, Bonner did shit. Matt+Finley+JV=20%<<<<<Farmer+Hill+Mason=45%. Idk about y'all, but if Bonner plays more than anyone not named JV against the Timberwolves, I'll go on a rampage in my dorm... not really, I'd rather put Finley and Bonner in a coma.

Jobbs
11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
believe it or not, in NBA 2K9 the CPU would kick my ass until I bring in Hill, Manu, and Mason

hater
11-05-2008, 12:17 AM
OH SHIT!!

Hill, Mason, Manu, anybody, TD

what a fuckin lineup. I am not worried a bit

Manufan909
11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
No love for Tony? Don't let ducks see that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 01:04 AM
It felt like Bonner and Finley were 1-20 tonight. Scrubs.

Fuck you Pop.

Ice009
11-05-2008, 01:05 AM
^^^^

I agree.

we cannot win with Finley, Bonner. Vaughn is ok as a 3rd string PG.

This is the point. Vaughn should always be the 3rd string PG. Hill should have been getting minutes ahead of him and then if he fucks up you bring in Vaughn. You don't play Vaughn first off the bench. That is crazy ;). Surely Pop saw last year in the playoffs how useless Vaughn is.

The Truth #6
11-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Pop should have put the young guys in the 2nd quarter.

I wonder if he's thinking he can get away with changing as little as possible and just wait for Manu to return in the hopes everything will then get better. I hope that's not the logic.

In regards to playing time, Mason's minutes won't go down. Hill's should go up because he's a hard worker and Pop likes him, I think.

I don't see Farmer getting much of a chance unless we're losing, which if the first three games are a trend, could become more frequent if they don't find ways to score and defend better. Finley, with his new contract, will be the most difficult for Pop to bench, which is weird because he's one of our least effective players.

timtonymanu
11-05-2008, 01:37 AM
i hate that we're losing, but it's very encouraging to see that Hill and Mason are doing fine. i've had it with Vaughn playing the back-up. it's time for him to step down.