PDA

View Full Version : Deangelo Hall waived.

IronMexican
11-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Official tomorrow. 70 million down the drain. I'd take Millen over Davis.

JamStone
11-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I doubt he really got a $70 million signing bonus?

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, it was a 7 year 70 milliondollar contract, so he is probably gonna get like 40. Funny, cause he said earlier this week he would love Vick here.

JamStone
11-05-2008, 12:10 AM
He will get his signing bonus and a prorated amount for this year's salary. It won't be $40 million.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Still, it will be a bitch. This us the worst year of Raider football ever. I thought 2006 was bad, but this is excruciating.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
i wonder if the cowboys will make a run at him

Hank the Tank
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
wow....there are no words in the english language to describe my hatred of al davis.

i love the raiders to death but its virtually impossible for me to root for them with davis shoving kiffens ass out the door for cable....are you fuckin serious?
will the raiders ever be relevant again while im alive?

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Let's hope they are. And I think they will be, unless you're really old.

Hank the Tank
11-05-2008, 12:36 AM
pretty much sums up how i feel.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/04/baldinger-doesnt-hold-back/

“The quarterback (JaMarcus Russell) can’t play. He’s a bust. Darren McFadden is a bust. He won’t stay healthy in this league. He’s had only one good game. They have drafted poorly. They are easily scouted. The defense plays schemes that don’t make sense. They play the ends out wide, and play the safeties too deep. Al Davis always believes that you have a deep safety, but Atlanta exploited that with Michael Turner. And to just see how bad Russell is, you have to look at what Matt Ryan did in that game. Russell just doesn’t know what he is doing.”

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Man, that post made me depressed.

monosylab1k
11-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Russell and McFadden will be fine. Hall played like crap anyways, they can use this money to lock up Asomugha (sp).

The big problem is that this thing was unquestionably headed in the right direction with Kiffin. And now unless another good coach gets the job, the foundation Kiffin laid is all but destroyed. If anything, Rob Ryan was the guy that needed to be fired.

I guess they'll suck until Al Davis dies.

stretch
11-05-2008, 09:32 AM
“The quarterback (JaMarcus Russell) can’t play. He’s a bust. Darren McFadden is a bust. He won’t stay healthy in this league. He’s had only one good game. They have drafted poorly. They are easily scouted. The defense plays schemes that don’t make sense. They play the ends out wide, and play the safeties too deep. Al Davis always believes that you have a deep safety, but Atlanta exploited that with Michael Turner. And to just see how bad Russell is, you have to look at what Matt Ryan did in that game. Russell just doesn’t know what he is doing.”

fucking stupid ass take on russell and mcfadden. you cant call ROOKIES a bust (russell is basically like a rookie this year). the recieving core is absolute trash and the o-line is absolute trash. its hard for QBs and RBs to look good when those guys suck so badly.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Not released just yet.

Angered by the Oakland Raiders' 2-6 start, team owner Al Davis asked his front office staff to explore the possibility of releasing several players, including cornerback DeAngelo Hall, according to multiple sources.

The Raiders are expected to release Hall on Wednesday, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The process started on Monday, a day after the Raiders' embarrassing 24-0 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Davis, looking ahead to rest of the season and to 2009, asked his staff to study a list of potential players who could be let go before the end of the week or after the season, sources said.

One source said the list included more than a dozen names. The Raiders' front-office staff studied the cap consequences of releasing high-priced veteran players. He also wanted his staff to see if other teams might claim any of these players on waivers.

The team was planning to make the move to release Hall on Tuesday before holding off, according to NFL.com. The Raiders have paid Hall $8 million for eight games, and also gave Atlanta a second-round pick for his services.

NFL.com reported that the move to waive him now helps the Raiders avoid paying Hall $16 million worth of injury-guaranteed bonuses in his contract.

Hall has 48 tackles and three interceptions for the Raiders, including a season-high eight tackles Sunday against the Falcons.

Hall isn't the only Raider under consideration for release. Wide receiver Javon Walker received an $11 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary this year, but he has only 13 catches in his first seven games with the Raiders. The other players on Davis' list are unknown.

At his Monday press conference, interim Raiders coach Tom Cable said he was thinking of making more changes in the starting lineup. Since taking over for Lane Kiffin, Cable has benched wide receiver Ronald Curry and safety Michael Huff. If Davis gets his way, some changes might be permanent.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN. John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com. ESPN's Michael Smith contributed to this report.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
I think he'd be an upgrade over what Pacman brought Dallas. I have no issue with them making a reasonable run at the guy. The rookie CB's look good but are no where near ready.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
i wonder if the cowboys will make a run at him

That might be enough to finally push me off the fanmobile.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2008, 10:20 AM
That might be enough to finally push me off the fanmobile.He had a relatively isolated incident with the Coach in Atlanta. A coach that was fired and not well liked by the players. You pretty much can't count anything that goes down in Oakland because no player should have to put up with a staff and ownership in that kind of condition. He isn't anywhere near as disfunctional as Pacman was/is.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 10:25 AM
You DO NOT want Hall. He plays 10 yards off his man. This money is going to Asomugha! YAY! Best Raider news since forever

stretch
11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
You DO NOT want Hall. He plays 10 yards off his man. This money is going to Asomugha! YAY! Best Raider news since forever

I really don't think Hall is that bad. Yeah, he plays kinda far off, but i think of lot of that is freaking Rob Ryans fault. He keeps putting these guys in zone defenses, when its a MAN defense team. They have loads of speed in their secondary and at LB. Asomugha is the best corner in the league (and he absolutely deserves every penny that Hall is getting right now), and Hall is best suited as a man CB, especially with his blazing speed. He may get beat from time to time, but he will also get lots of picks and batted balls. It's a risk you gotta take to get the most production out of them. But this zone crap is absolutely pathetic. Let them just man up with their guys.

Then again, in regards to the cowboys, a lot of their secondary problems has likewise been because they havent played much man, and just tons of zone. And now that they are playing more man the past couple weeks, their secondary has looked better (despite these rookies playing). If they keep playing zone, hall will be completely useless.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I agree that Zone Coverage has been a serious issue for the Cowboys defensive woes. Seems to me that the zone we saw up until the last two weeks was more about safe playing calling (that didn't work out) from an inexperienced defensive coordinator.

stretch
11-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree that Zone Coverage has been a serious issue for the Cowboys defensive woes. Seems to me that the zone we saw up until the last two weeks was more about safe playing calling (that didn't work out) from an inexperienced defensive coordinator.

If they start playing more man, then I think getting Hall would be a nice pickup. Perhaps that could lead to them thinking more about moving Henry to safety.

I. Hustle
11-05-2008, 11:07 AM
OH a team waived somebody? Can he hoop? I hope the Spurs get him!

Dr. Gonzo
11-05-2008, 11:25 AM
It will be comical if the Cowboys sign this cancer. He is perfect Cowboy material.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2008, 11:36 AM
If they start playing more man, then I think getting Hall would be a nice pickup. Perhaps that could lead to them thinking more about moving Henry to safety.I liked Henry there in the first place with Roy playing 1st and some 2nd downs. Regardless of Hall they have to start playing more man. Zone should be used as a mix up to shutdown coverage. They have the talent to pull that off they just haven't seemed to have the coaching capable of implementing it properly.

to21
11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Ty Law still doesn't have a job and Hall is an upgrade to what Dallas has now.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
He had a relatively isolated incident with the Coach in Atlanta. A coach that was fired and not well liked by the players. You pretty much can't count anything that goes down in Oakland because no player should have to put up with a staff and ownership in that kind of condition. He isn't anywhere near as disfunctional as Pacman was/is.

I'm just fed up with the pattern. If Jerry's going to just chase talent regardless of baggage, then I want a fucking time machine and Randy Moss. Otherwise, the Cowboys need to stick with guys like Witten and Ware as their team leaders and bring in guys like Zach Thomas.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 03:05 PM
List of players likely to be cut

Tommy Kelly, Derrick Burgess, Micheal Huff, Javon Walker. PLEASE Re-sign Awesome one! Give him a 100 million dollar deal, just make sure you keep him.

ATRAIN
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
List of players likely to be cut

Tommy Kelly, Derrick Burgess, Micheal Huff, Javon Walker. PLEASE Re-sign Awesome one! Give him a 100 million dollar deal, just make sure you keep him.

I wouldnt mind Huff in a Texans Uniform.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Don't even get me started on that fagot ass pussy ass bust. Jesus, I hate that fag. We should have drafted Donte Whitner. So many things this franchise did wrong.

to21
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Huff is not a pussy.....

stretch
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM
those are all good players. i know a lot of raiders fans hate on huff, but id put money on it that he goes elsewhere and is a solid safety.

also, Kelly, Burgess and Walker? man, those are some very solid players that are suddenly going to be on the market for a contender to just swoop up. it will be interesting to see where they end up going.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Walker? Solid? Huff? NO! Take off those UT glasses, stretch. Al is doing good, getting rid of these turds who aren't earning they're money, and will bring in healthy youngsters who want to earn that money. l cn o better ith hta he was spending it on. I will miss Kelly. Burgess was always injured. Hall got toasted more than fucking bread. Huff couldn't catch a cold.

Flight3107
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Al is doing good,

:lmao

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Better than keeping these cancers. It's smart of him not to keep some of them. If Halln stayed all year, he was getting 16 million in injury incentives.

stretch
11-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Walker? Solid? Huff? NO! Take off those UT glasses, stretch. Al is doing good, getting rid of these turds who aren't earning they're money, and will bring in healthy youngsters who want to earn that money. l cn o better ith hta he was spending it on. I will miss Kelly. Burgess was always injured. Hall got toasted more than fucking bread. Huff couldn't catch a cold.

Just because those guys didnt work out in the most dysfuncional organization in sports history, doesnt mean they arent capable of producing. I'd put money on it that all five of those guys go somewhere else and produce.

At the same time, I'm honestly glad they are gone, because fact is, this team needs to rebuild around Russell and McFadden on offense, Asomugha, Morrison, and Howard on defense. Those guys are solid players, but I agree that they were not earning their contracts by any means. I'd rather get young guys in here for cheap, who will play their asses off.

monosylab1k
11-06-2008, 09:50 AM
It's always a good idea to get rid of talented players in a shitty system and replace them with shitty players in a shitty system :tu

MajorMike
11-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Man, we should get hardship pay for being Raiders fans.

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Al Davis' future plans. Which happen to make sense.

Hall said Davis told him the Raiders are about to get rid of other players to clear money in order to acquire better linemen on both sides of the ball and address other areas of need -- like locking up Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

I sure do wish he found out sooner that you win in the trenches. Give Asomugha his money, Al. If Nnamdi doesn't want to come back, I understand. I like the guy too much to be stuck in a hell hole.

stretch
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
It's always a good idea to get rid of talented players in a shitty system and replace them with shitty players in a shitty system :tu

Might as well rebuild, cuz even with talented players, we werent going nowhere. Gotta start finding some youth and get a new coach in here (that hopefully al wont fuck up again)

stretch
11-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Al Davis' future plans. Which happen to make sense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

I sure do wish he found out sooner that you win in the trenches. Give Asomugha his money, Al. If Nnamdi doesn't want to come back, I understand. I like the guy too much to be stuck in a hell hole.

What sucks is that its going to be a good probably 5 years or so until the Raiders can be relevant, because both this year and next year, even with the relases, with all the other crap that goes into these released contracts, the raiders will still be paying a shitload. hopefully they draft well and find some good, hard-working young talent.

and yes, get that damn o-line and d-line to a respectable state. id say start trading the #1 picks for the next couple years in exchange for multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks. we have enough franchise type players.

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Andre Davis! Look at the Dolphins, shows what a respectable line can do. And here are some nice stats for any Cowboy fans thinking about Hall

DeAngelo Hall
Targeted: 64 times
Yards allowed: 581 (bottom 5 in nfl)
YPA: 9.08 (bottom 10 in NFL among starters)
Incompletions forced percentage: 20.31% (bottom 10 in NFL)

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I sure do wish he found out sooner that you win in the trenches.

You mean you don't win by stockpling Heisman Trophy winners?

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Other sources have different stats for this guy. Either way, he is a cancer, and he sucks. It's no easy task playing opposite side of Nnamdi, but the % incompletions is what disheartens me.

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
You mean you don't win by stockpling Heisman Trophy winners?

Lol. Well, Bo and Woodson were pretty good. We don't have any Heisman winners on this team.

monosylab1k
11-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Gotta start finding some youth and get a new coach in here

:lol didn't Al just pull the plug on that exact plan a few weeks ago?

I'd be willing to bet that guys like Hall and Walker were brought in because Al demanded it. Now he's dumping them all off, and I'd be willing to bet again that in order to save face, he'll blame everything on Kiffin.

stretch
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I'd be willing to bet that guys like Hall and Walker were brought in because Al demanded it. Now he's dumping them all off, and I'd be willing to bet again that in order to save face, he'll blame everything on Kiffin.

More than likely. You know it was Al who demanded it, because hes always been about bringing in veterans.

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
:lol didn't Al just pull the plug on that exact plan a few weeks ago?

It doesn't matter who we bring in, he wants a young coach to brain wash. I hope we draft all OL and DL.

DBryant88
11-06-2008, 02:36 PM
It doesn't matter who we bring in, he wants a young coach to brain wash. I hope we draft all OL and DL.

it doesn't matter because you guys will still be horrible

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Damn! Do you come up with these on you're own?

possessed
11-06-2008, 04:37 PM

Looks like Stanford's Jim Harbaugh is the favorite to land the job.

May actually be the best hire in years.

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I heard the Harbough news too. Look at what his brother is doing. why not? He beat my Trojans last year, so he is definitely doing something up there.

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I did hear on the radio today that the Cowboys have no interest in Hall. He's been burned for more yardage than any DB in the league, so he was a perfect fit...