PDA

View Full Version : The Pistons got AI in order to trade him for Leborn in 2010

Rapper
11-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Damn it~~~~~~

if it's true, the pistons would dominate the east, even the whole league.

ss1986v2
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
umm, how?

Allanon
11-05-2008, 10:56 AM
It's true. There are 2 teams who are sneakily positioning themselves for LeBron, DWade, Bosh, Amare, etc.

1) Pistons
2) Mavericks

You don't hear much about it since they're not in New York but they'll both be ready to offer LeBron max money in 2010.

IronMexican
11-05-2008, 11:16 AM
He is a Laker for FULL MLE.

monosylab1k
11-05-2008, 11:24 AM
It's true. There are 2 teams who are sneakily positioning themselves for LeBron, DWade, Bosh, Amare, etc.

1) Pistons
2) Mavericks

You don't hear much about it since they're not in New York but they'll both be ready to offer LeBron max money in 2010.

It's all for naught tho. There's a 0.1% chance LeBron goes to Dallas, and even less for Detroit.

Mavs might be able to get Bosh tho, since he's from Dallas.

Findog
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM

1) Pistons
2) Mavericks

LeBron ain't coming here. Last time I looked at our cap situation, it was fucked. It would behoove us though to create cap space for 2010. Even if you don't win LeBron, there are some really nice consolation prizes.

Findog
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
It's all for naught tho. There's a 0.1% chance LeBron goes to Dallas, and even less for Detroit.

Mavs might be able to get Bosh tho, since he's from Dallas.

Yeah, Bron Bron isn't coming here. I wish people would stop talking about it.

bdubya
11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Damn it~~~~~~

if it's true, the pistons would dominate the east, even the whole league.

Depends what surrounds him. Hamilton would still be around, but figure AI and Sheed would both be gone, as well as Tayshaun - he'd bring more value in a trade than as a bench player. Even if McDyess is bought out and comes back, he'll be retired by then. I don't see a lineup of
Stuckey
Hamilton
LeBron
Maxiell
Johnson

with Afflalo, Herrmann and Kwame off the bench being such a juggernaut. Stuckey/Rip/Afflalo could be a good enough guard rotation, IF Stuckey and Afflalo both exceed expectations, but Joe D would need to find a way to upgrade the frontcourt with whatever $ is leftover from LeBron's contract. Doable, but far from guaranteed.

41times
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
LeBron is going to get the Max Money no matter where he goes. That is a given.

He will go to whomever gives him the best chance to win a Title or multiple Titles.

So stack all the teams up that can actually pay the Maximum Salary and look at who has the best chance to win a Title. That is his pick.

Dallas with Dirk & Howard are def in the Mix
Detroit with Hamilton, Prince, Sheed are def in the Mix.

Private Joker
11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

stretch
11-05-2008, 12:25 PM
LeBron ain't coming here. Last time I looked at our cap situation, it was fucked. It would behoove us though to create cap space for 2010. Even if you don't win LeBron, there are some really nice consolation prizes.

Actually, a lot of space will be clearing up by then. Kidd, Howard, and Stack's contracts will all be up by then, Damp's will end the next year. Dirk has the chance to opt out that year, and knowing Dirk, I guarantee he would be more than willing to take less money for the chance to play with Lebron. And if anyone is willing to pay extra for a guy like Lebron, its Cuban. I think Dallas has a much better chance than you or mono think.

monosylab1k
11-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Dallas with Dirk & Howard are def in the Mix
Detroit with Hamilton, Prince, Sheed are def in the Mix.

LeBron will win his titles anywhere he goes. He's more interested in being a global icon. Playing in Detroit does nothing to help his icon status. He might as well just stay in Cleveland. Playing in Dallas is certainly better than Detroit or Cleveland for those global icon ambitions, but nowhere near the level of New York.

JamStone
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
No way LeBron goes to Detroit. Pipe dream at best. Pistons are positioning themselves financially to be players in the summer of 2010, but I don't think they really believe LeBron is a realistic option. If LeBron leaves, it will be for one of the New York teams, not Detroit. I don't care how much money the Pistons have in cap space, the Cavs still have more with his Bird rights. It would have to be the major market appeal of NY to lure LeBron. Detroit doesn't have that.

That said, the Pistons could conceivably have somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 million in cap space in the summer of 2010. Instead of LeBron, I think they'll target either Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire and sign another high level but not max type player with the remainder. A scenario where the Pistons are able to sign both Chris Bosh and Tyson Chandler in 2010 is possible. Then, you're talking about a very balanced starting line-up of Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, Bosh, and Chandler. I like that possibility.

monosylab1k
11-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Actually, a lot of space will be clearing up by then. Kidd, Howard, and Stack's contracts will all be up by then, Damp's will end the next year. Dirk has the chance to opt out that year, and knowing Dirk, I guarantee he would be more than willing to take less money for the chance to play with Lebron. And if anyone is willing to pay extra for a guy like Lebron, its Cuban. I think Dallas has a much better chance than you or mono think.

It's not about winning a title. LeBron will do that wherever he signs. It's about his "global icon" status.

The only real hope is that Cuban and Jerry work together to get LeBron. Seeing how he's some huge Cowboys fan, maybe there can be some under-the-table Cowboy related incentives offered to him if he signs with the Mavs. Not sure what that would be (maybe a free set of keys to Jerry World) but that's the only real unique perk Dallas has to offer. And I doubt it's much of a perk at all to LeBron.

Indazone
11-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Lebron is going to the Nets to be with Jay-Z

bdubya
11-05-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't care how much money the Pistons have in cap space, the Cavs still have more with his Bird rights. It would have to be the major market appeal of NY to lure LeBron. Detroit doesn't have that.

True. But I don't see him leaving a contender to be the cornerstone of an iffy rebuilding in NY, either. More likely he puts out a feeler to LA, which immediately tosses Kobe straight overboard to get LeBron.

stretch
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
It's not about winning a title. LeBron will do that wherever he signs. It's about his "global icon" status.

He's not winning a title if he's stuck with the awful front offices and players that the Nets and Knicks have to offer. And fact is, winning titles will skyrocket his "global icon" status. Wherever he goes, he is going to remain a massive icon. Winning titles will only increase it exponentially, and it will shut up all the doubters and haters. And I think being in Dallas will boost his global icon status quite a bit more than you think, being that Dallas already gets a shitload of national attention due to Cuban, Jerry, and the Cowboys, which goes into your next quote...

The only real hope is that Cuban and Jerry work together to get LeBron. Seeing how he's some huge Cowboys fan, maybe there can be some under-the-table Cowboy related incentives offered to him if he signs with the Mavs. Not sure what that would be (maybe a free set of keys to Jerry World) but that's the only real unique perk Dallas has to offer. And I doubt it's much of a perk at all to LeBron.

I'm more than sure both Mark and Jerry will be involved in whatever negotiations go on. Being that Lebron is also Cowboys fan could go a long way in his relationship with Jerry and the city of Dallas. he has also said a number of times in previous interviews that Dallas is one of his favorite cities, and always talks very highly about Dallas. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more perks that Cuban and Jerry can find to offer (much more than any other owners could find to offer).

stretch
11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
also, apparently lebron has been seen several times around cowboys players during pre-game, as well as jerry.

stretch
11-05-2008, 01:15 PM
and imagine if the cowboys win a superbowl here in the next year or two? that will really bring a lot more attention to the city of dallas, making it even more attractive for Lebron.

mrspurs
11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Well at least we all agree Lebron isnt staying with the Cavs. hahahahaha

stretch
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Well at least we all agree Lebron isnt staying with the Cavs. hahahahaha

not saying that either.

IMO he will end up either staying in Cleveland (which i think has the best chance of happening, depending on how successful they are this season and next. if they win a title, he stays), going to a New York team, or going to Dallas.

JMarkJohns
11-05-2008, 01:56 PM
The Suns will be sitting at 33 million or so in the summer of 2010. You could subtract 17 million from that if/when Amare opts out. Realistically the Suns could have as much CAP room as any team that summer. Phoenix has always been able to draw free agents. I'd love to see them resign Amare, then attempt to sign Wade with a MAX deal.

EDIT: Actually, they will be a bit higher. Likely around 38 million. Still, if a trade of Diaw or Barbosa can be made, then they could have more than enough to resign Amare and go after another MAX contract to play with either Diaw or Barbosa, Lopez, Dragic and their 2009 1st (if it's not used to entice a team to take Diaw off their hands).

If Diaw and Barbosa can be traded for expiring contracts, that would give the Suns roughly 40-to-45 million to spend that offseason as Lopez (2 million), Tucker (2 million) and Dragic (2 million) would be the only players on their CAP, with Lopez and Tucker's contracts having team options.

It's not unreasonable to think the Suns could extend Amare, sign Wade and still have several million to use on another few players before they fill out their roster with minimum-level contracts.

JamStone
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
There will be more than a handful of teams that will have massive amounts of cap space in the summer of 2010. That's what a lot of teams are maneuvering to do right now. But, teams like Miami and Cleveland and Toronto are doing that as well, in order to not only keep their superstars but to have cap space to add another max player as well. The Nets obviously are doing it. And, it's pretty obvious that the Knicks are trying to do the same.

It will be difficult to pry LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Amare from their present teams because not only are their teams creating cap space to add another max player, they also have the advantage of being able to pay those superstars the most money because of Bird Rights.

The only angle that would give a team like Detroit, that is a bigger medium sized market but not the major market that New York and LA are, is that while the Pistons could conceivably have enough cap space to add two max players, they will also have a roster full of very good to great players already, and not just one or two great players. That could potentially attract players like Chris Bosh or Amare if their respective current teams do not improve. Look at Amare in 2010, and that team will no longer have Nash and Shaq, while the Pistons will have Hamilton, Prince, Stuckey, Amir, Maxiell, and the financial flexibility to sign him and another max player. That's the lure.

All that said, I don't believe it will be easy at all for Detroit to sign one of those superstars. I think Bosh would be the best chance, but even he would be extremely hard to convince to come to Detroit. But, Dumars making it a possible scenarios puts a lot of pressure on those superstars to at least consider it and for their current teams to scramble to ensure they don't lose their stars.

Longshots can happen too. I wouldn't bet on the Pistons getting one much less a couple of those players, but I like the fact that the Pistons now have the opportunity to make a legitimate play at those players.

JMarkJohns
11-05-2008, 02:36 PM
The Suns at worst would be stuck with Diaw and Barbosa along with Lopez and Dragic, giving them roughly 30-to-35 million in CAP space to add two MAX players. Then, in 2011, they'd have roughly 17 million of the books and would be able to add another handful of quality players or a third MAX-type player.

lefty
11-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah like Cleveland will trade Lebron for an older AI

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 03:13 PM
The Suns at worst would be stuck with Diaw and Barbosa along with Lopez and Dragic, giving them roughly 30-to-35 million in CAP space to add two MAX players. Then, in 2011, they'd have roughly 17 million of the books and would be able to add another handful of quality players or a third MAX-type player.

James and Stoudemire together would be incredible to see.

DetroitGurl
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
i hope that NEVER happens.....lb can stay right in cleveland.....i dont want him in the D. i would take bosh

JMarkJohns
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
i hope that NEVER happens.....lb can stay right in cleveland.....i dont want him in the D. i would take bosh

You're saying you wouldn't take LeBron and Bosh or Amare if such were possible?

You're saying you wouldn't want a line up: Stuckey, Hamilton, LeBron, Bosh or Amare, Johnson with Prince as a League 6th-Man candidate off the bench alongside Maxiell, Afflalo and a handful of other role players?

Wow...

JMarkJohns
11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
James and Stoudemire together would be incredible to see.

I don't hold out any hope of that. LeBron is headed to Jersey or is staying in Cleveland. I don't see any other teams, other than New York if they can continue to shed contracts, getting in it with James.

However, Wade and Amare make a hell of a one-two. I'd love Amare and Bosh as well...

JamStone
11-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm curious how well liked Amare is among other star players in the league. He's absolutely an amazing talent, and I'm hoping that he's a guy the Pistons are targeting as well in 2010 should he opt out. However, he also strikes me as a guy that may turn off other players. Would other star players really love playing with Amare? Sincere question. I know no one on here can really answer that question, but I'm genuinely curious.

TheMadHatter
11-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Wherever Lebron goes it will have to be a big sports city like Los Angeles, Dallas, or New York. I can't imagine him settling down in Detroit of all places.

Allanon
11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
LeBron's done the "right thing" by playing in his native Ohio so far.

But come next contract, he'll be thinking about his legacy. In 2010, he can leave and securely say, "Look, I gave 7 years of my life to Cleveland". You can't expect much more from him than that. Blame it on team management for not getting him a worthy team.

LeBron's going to become the next Barkley if he stays in Cleveland.

Mavs have Cuban, Cowboys, market and media, they're ahead of most teams in getting LeBron although probably still behind New York.

JMarkJohns
11-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm curious how well liked Amare is among other star players in the league. He's absolutely an amazing talent, and I'm hoping that he's a guy the Pistons are targeting as well in 2010 should he opt out. However, he also strikes me as a guy that may turn off other players. Would other star players really love playing with Amare? Sincere question. I know no one on here can really answer that question, but I'm genuinely curious.

I think it's a fair question.

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2008, 06:23 PM
the suns are better off looking at one player in 2010 FA, and then pry on blazers players if they have any in FA in 2011

Thunder Dan
11-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Ok, I get the Lebron to NYC thing but he will not go to Detroit I can guarantee it. Cleveland isn't the greatest place in the world, but Detroit makes Cleveland look fantastic. Hell, he would never stay in Cleveland if he didn't grow up 20 minutes south of where he plays now- that is our trump card. He said that he likes the fact that his family and friends can come watch him every night because he lives so close- but that is the only reason LBJ would stay in Cleveland. He can make his money anywhere come 2010, 30 GMs will try to position themselves but only 3 (Knicks, Nets, Cavs) will have a legitimate shot and it will be up to him.

This Detroit thing is about the craziest thing I've ever heard, why would he take less money to leave Cleveland and play for a team that Cleveland beat the last time they played them in the playoffs? For Joe Dumars? LMAO, he might as well just go play for the Heat because they won a championship this decade- it's the same logic

JoeTait75
11-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Is this from Adrian Wojnarski's column on Yahoo? Cuz dude writes a different version of this exact same column every week, with LeBron leaving Cleveland and going to __________. Last week it was Dallas or LA. This week it's Detroit. Next week he'll be going to Washington to "be with" Obama.