PDA

View Full Version : Obama is...

ElNono
11-05-2008, 11:02 AM
There has been many deceptive descriptions of Obama in an attempt to paint him in a negative light used by his adversaries. Today, we can conclude that the vast majority of the American people saw through those deceptions, and that campaigns based solely on fear, uncertainty and doubt are the slime of democracy. Nevertheless, I wanted this thread to reflect all the name calling he had to go through...

I'll start with:

a Muslim

FromWayDowntown
11-05-2008, 11:10 AM
the recipient of the most popular votes in any presidential election in American history.

romad_20
11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I was suprised by Bill Kristol, Brit Hume and the rest last night. They really gave him props and said no matter how many bad things you heard about the guy, when you saw him and talked to him those charges just didn't hold up to the real man. Brit even said one of the original higher ups at Fox News knew him as Barry from college and loves the guy. It was surreal while I was watching.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
There has been many deceptive descriptions of Obama in an attempt to paint him in a negative light used by his adversaries. Today, we can conclude that the vast majority of the American people saw through those deceptions, and that campaigns based solely on fear, uncertainty and doubt are the slime of democracy. Nevertheless, I wanted this thread to reflect all the name calling he had to go through...

I'll start with:

a Muslim

the vast majority ? There are what... 320 million people in the USA ??? take out the kids under 18 and without looking at google or something - say that leaves us with 215 million people ... only about 118 million people voted. -- so the vast majority didnt even care enough to vote - of those that voted - 62 million -- ( you do realize Bush had 62 million ) and as of right now - more folks voted in 2004 than voted in 2008 (subject to change) .. Obama spent 650 million plus dollars -- almost 5 to 1 over mccain ... Wonder where all that money came from ?

Bartleby
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I was suprised by Bill Kristol, Brit Hume and the rest last night. They really gave him props and said no matter how many bad things you heard about the guy, when you saw him and talked to him those charges just didn't hold up to the real man. Brit even said one of the original higher ups at Fox News knew him as Barry from college and loves the guy. It was surreal while I was watching.

I think they couldn't help being impressed by how well he ran his campaign. I could almost hear Karl Rove thinking to himself, "Damn, why couldn't I have had a candidate like this.

ElNono
11-05-2008, 11:28 AM
the vast majority ? There are what... 320 million people in the USA ??? take out the kids under 18 and without looking at google or something - say that leaves us with 215 million people ... only about 118 million people voted. -- so the vast majority didnt even care enough to vote - of those that voted - 62 million -- ( you do realize Bush had 62 million ) and as of right now - more folks voted in 2004 than voted in 2008 (subject to change) .. Obama spent 650 million plus dollars -- almost 5 to 1 over mccain ... Wonder where all that money came from ?

He won in a landslide... He received the most votes in any Presidential election in America's history. He won by over 7+ million votes on the (meaningless) popular vote category.

Sober up and stop trying to change topics. Say it with me: Mr President Barack Obama...

DarkReign
11-05-2008, 11:29 AM
the recipient of the most popular votes in any presidential election in American history.

Daaaaaamn.

Ive really been avoiding the news today, but if what you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt you at all), this truly is the most historic election of our country's history.

Anti.Hero
11-05-2008, 11:30 AM
More people favor entitlements than hard work.

Got it.

Amerika is strong.

ElNono
11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Got it.
Amerika is strong.

Talking point redux. Good thing most of the voters saw through the bullshit.

Anti.Hero
11-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Talking point redux. Good thing most of the voters saw through the bullshit.

Give the kids ice cream and they will vote you in.

Takes an ivy league degree to master this concept.

I. Hustle
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
This picture is racist
http://images.quickblogcast.com/4/6/1/0/1/117902-110164/obama_monkey_######.jpg

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM

Got it.

Amerika is strong.

Bitter, party of....I'm sorry. How many in your party?

ElNono
11-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Give the kids ice cream and they will vote you in.
Takes an ivy league degree to master this concept.

By the vote totals, it's undeniable a big amount of Republicans voted for him too. I guess they got ice cream too.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 11:36 AM
He won in a landslide... He received the most votes in any Presidential election in America's history. He won by over 7+ million votes on the (meaningless) popular vote category.

Sober up and stop trying to change topics. Say it with me: Mr President Barack Obama...

dude -- again he has 62 million -- Bush the terrible had 62 million votes. Kerry had almost 60 million -- more people voted in 2004 than in 2008. He will probably end up with almost 1 million more than Bush had - while spending almost 680 million dollars to do it --also a record for spending.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Dude -- again, you're bitter -- but I love hearing people bitch about how he won so decisively.

ElNono
11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
dude -- again he has 62 million -- Bush the terrible had 62 million votes. Kerry had almost 60 million -- more people voted in 2004 than in 2008. He will probably end up with almost 1 million more than Bush had - while spending almost 680 million dollars to do it --also a record for spending.

It's the differential with McCain dummy. Can you get it through your thick head?

implacable44
11-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I know what the differential is retard - lets put the election into perspective. Compare it to 2004 - more people voted that year (so far) and again -- Bush got 62 million votes..at about 1/4 of the cost.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Let's put the election into perspective.

Obama won.

ElNono
11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I know what the differential is retard - lets put the election into perspective. Compare it to 2004 - more people voted that year (so far) and again -- Bush got 62 million votes..at about 1/4 of the cost.

Why you try to keep changing the subject? Open a new thread if you want to discuss campaign financing. Are you going to accept that Obama won by an overwhelming majority? Or are you gonna remain detached from reality like whottt?

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Why you try to keep changing the subject? Open a new thread if you want to discuss campaign financing. Are you going to accept that Obama won by an overwhelming majority? Or are you gonna remain detached from reality like whottt?Gotta love the board Republicans' capacity for denial.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Why you try to keep changing the subject? Open a new thread if you want to discuss campaign financing. Are you going to accept that Obama won by an overwhelming majority? Or are you gonna remain detached from reality like whottt?

I never denied that he won by an overwhelming majority. I simply stated facts. 62 million votes - Bush had 62 million votes -- and more people voted in 2004 than in 2008. -- because there were two liberals running so the conservative base largely stayed home.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I never denied that he won by an overwhelming majority. I simply stated facts. 62 million votes - Bush had 62 million votes -- and more people voted in 2004 than in 2008. -- because there were two liberals running so the conservative base largely stayed home.So there are only two million conservatives in the United States.

:lol

implacable44
11-05-2008, 12:03 PM
So there are only two million conservatives in the United States.

?? so there are only 122 million people of voting age in the us ?

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
?? so there are only 122 million people of voting age in the us ?So the conservatives always stay home.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Gotta love the board Republicans' capacity for denial.

Personally I love how they're the only ones not "sheltered" by the MSM and therefore the only ones qualified to dispense "truth." But, the denial is fun, too.

CubanMustGo
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Obama has 63 million votes so far, not 62, and there are still some ballots to be counted.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
There will be all manner of attempts to try to de-legitimize his election now.

They can't help themselves.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
So the conservatives always stay home.

I struggle to understand your stupid.

The Conservatives had nobody to vote for this year. Republicans did - conservatives didn't.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I struggle to understand your stupid.

The Conservatives had nobody to vote for this year. Republicans did - conservatives didn't.Did you vote?

implacable44
11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=ChumpDumper;2874702]Did you vote?[/QUOT

I voted a write in vote - "Present" I could not vote for McCain because he is no conservative -- he isn't even a republican - he is a RINO

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
:lmao

Spurminator
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
After Bush won in 2004, I created this thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5428). The Democrat campaign was by far the more gratuitously negative campaign that year, even though both campaigns could be characterized as negative overall. The Kerry campaign was almost exclusively about Bush... and a characaturized version of Bush at that... while the Bush campaign, despite being heavily reliant on the Swift Boat Vets, also appealed to conservatives (and enough moderates) with positive reasons to vote for Bush.

Democrats allowed their cause to be carried by divisive public figures who seemingly had no filter. Their characterization of Bush and Republicans was often so ridiculously over-the-top that most reasonable people could not take it seriously. And it certainly wasn't motivating to moderates.

This year, the tables were turned dramatically. Obama's campaign was the picture of positive forward-thinking and often a celebration of human intellect. It appealed to the intelligence of the average voter even if it did, at times, also appeal to voters' feelings of victimhood and willingness to let the Government have greater influence on their lives. But the emotional appeal was a positive one. And importantly, they managed to keep the more outspoken fringe segment of the party (especially those with access to national media) from saying anything stupid to rally the opposition. It was refreshing to not have to hear daily Democrat talking points from the likes of Michael Moore.

McCain's campaign, sadly, was dominated by the same kind of character (or, characature) assassination politics that rubs many people the wrong way. The appeal was to voters' fears and distrust, just like the Kerry campaign in 2004. And while this rallied a good number of people in the Republican base, at many points it insulted the intelligence of moderate voters.

This election was, in part, a referendum on divisive negative politics. Certainly it was not the only factor, and had some things gone differently in the last two months, McCain might have won even while running a primarily anti-Obama campaign. But today, those who are celebrating Obama's victory are united in their admiration and hope for Obama, and not their revulsion of the opponent. It's refreshing.

I fear that this country will become so jaded by outlandish character assassination and innuendos during political races that we may one day elect a true monster because all evidence of corruption, malice and bad character will just sound like politics as usual. Negative campaigning is a part, and will be a part, of all future elections but hopefully Americans can differentiate where accusations are based on fact or based on an attempt to deceive or exaggerate.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM

I'll start with:

a Muslim

Huh? His whole campaign was based on predicating the fear that McCain was just George W. Bush redux.

Way to be a hypocrite!

ElNono
11-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Huh? His whole campaign was based on predicating the fear that McCain was just George W. Bush redux.
Way to be a hypocrite!

And how do we know McCain wasn't?
But he didn't have to resort to saying that McCain was a Muslim, Terrorist, Anti-Christ in order to win...

Lebowski Brickowski
11-05-2008, 01:45 PM
the vast majority of the American people saw through those deceptions

....because one can always trust the intelligence and judgement of The Majority.

clambake
11-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Way to be a hypocrite!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

damn, this is fun!