PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins........

Blake
11-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Nov 5th, 2008........

I haven't even finished off my kid's bucket o halloween candy

I'm wearing a friggin short sleeve shirt and have the a/c on.

Curse you, Q101.9 and your 24 hours of non stop Christmas music.

AAAAAAAAAAgh. :ihit

ATRAIN
11-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Nov 5th, 2008........

You can always change the station.

SantaClaus
11-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Nov 5th, 2008........

+1

Blake
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
You can always change the station.

I could also put on a turban, move to Kerplakistan and sell used carpets in the street, but what good would that do?

Blake
11-05-2008, 11:16 AM
+1

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

funny

mrsmaalox
11-06-2008, 09:23 AM
And I already have most my shopping done :smokin

tonylongoriafan
11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
the real shopping doesn't start until december 15, doesn't it?

spursfan09
11-06-2008, 09:36 AM
the real shopping doesn't start until december 15, doesn't it?

yup and the dollar store is always so packed!

NFO
11-06-2008, 09:44 AM
I could also put on a turban, move to Kerplakistan and sell used carpets in the street, but what good would that do?

It could be worse. You could be an elf in Santa's toy shop having to listen to that music all year round.

:bking

tonylongoriafan
11-06-2008, 09:48 AM
yup and the dollar store is always so packed!

they should have an online dollar store...i would buy so much crap i don't need

angel_luv
11-06-2008, 10:26 AM
No joke about it being way too early to be playing Christmas music!

Where is the love and appreciation and expectation for Thanksgiving????

At the mall where I work, the Santa set is already up and I believe Santa will be at the mall beginning next week! :wow :wow

angel_luv
11-06-2008, 10:27 AM
they should have an online dollar store...i would buy so much crap i don't need

I wish they had an open 24 hours Dollar Store. :)

Bender
11-06-2008, 10:33 AM
At the mall where I work, the Santa set is already up and I believe Santa will be at the mall beginning next week! :wow
Retail is always looking forward to the Xmas season for sales. I wonder how this year will go for retail sales? I won't be helping much...

IronMexican
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanksgiving>>Christmas. That's because i'm too old for presents, though.

mrsmaalox
11-06-2008, 10:39 AM

At the mall where I work, the Santa set is already up and I believe Santa will be at the mall beginning next week! :wow :wow

Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday. And I think it's because it's just too close to Christmas. It should be in August or September, so it doesn't just end up being a waste of my Christmas prep time!!

SAGambler
11-06-2008, 10:43 AM

The problem with Thanksgiving is they haven't figured out how to make everyone spend a couple of thousand and go into debt to "celebrate" the holiday. If they ever get that one figured out, no doubt Christmas will be put off for a while, while they rape you with "thanksgiving presents".

baseline bum
11-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanksgiving is the best holiday once you reach about 16. You don't have to buy anyone presents, you get to hang out with family, stuff yourself, drink beer all day, and watch football.

mrsmaalox
11-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanksgiving is the best holiday once you reach about 16. You don't have to buy anyone presents, you get to hang out with family, stuff yourself, drink beer all day, and watch football.

Yea but if you aren't into any of those things, that day is pure torture.

Blake
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM

no kidding.

some of us dont "get to" hang out with the family.........we "have to" hang out with the family.....more specifically: in-laws.

I. Hustle
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
SHIT! I wonder if they are going to try and have Thanksgiving at our place again. I hope not.

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 04:04 PM

WTF?! What part of beer-swilling, stomach-packing, family-chilling and football-watching are you not into?

Are you married? Have a man?

If you dont drink, dont smoke, what do ya do?

no kidding.

some of us dont "get to" hang out with the family.........we "have to" hang out with the family.....more specifically: in-laws.

I have never understood this. I couldnt imagine holidays being anything but awesome.

My enitre family parties like rockstars...did before I was born, will long after Im gone. If my in-laws are lame (which they are not, theyre very cool) I'd say "Peace." and go home to happy-fun-day.

Cant believe some people think holidays suck. Shit, I get excited just thinking about the end of the year trifecta.

Blake
11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I have never understood this. I couldnt imagine holidays being anything but awesome.

My enitre family parties like rockstars...did before I was born, will long after Im gone. If my in-laws are lame (which they are not, theyre very cool) I'd say "Peace." and go home to happy-fun-day.

Cant believe some people think holidays suck. Shit, I get excited just thinking about the end of the year trifecta.

well lucky you.

mrsmaalox
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
WTF?! What part of beer-swilling, stomach-packing, family-chilling and football-watching are you not into?

Are you married? Have a man?

If you dont drink, dont smoke, what do ya do?

You know I suppose that it's just that I don't get to do Thanksgiving on my own terms. I'd love to have everyone over for dinner at my house, but both sides of the family are still ruled by matriarchs that lay claim to that day. And whether we are with my family or the in-laws, it involves holiday travel that I don't like. And the way it is with my family, holidays are great, just as you described, if you are a kid or a man. But if you are an adult woman, there is so much work to be done to ensure that the kids and men have a wonderful time. For me it's just too much work, for just a little bit of fun! And if it's with the in-laws, that's a whole other ball of dysfunction! :)

ploto
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
And whether we are with my family or the in-laws, it involves holiday travel that I don't like.

Choose not to travel. Stay home, do it your way, and it will be your best Thanksgiving ever.

boutons_
11-07-2008, 01:51 AM
could be some good bargains this season.

Retailers Report a Sales Collapse

By STEPHANIE ROSENBLOOM (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/r/stephanie_rosenbloom/index.html?inline=nyt-per)

Sales at the nation’s largest retailers fell off a cliff in October, casting fresh doubt on the survival of some chains and signaling that this will probably be the weakest Christmas shopping season in decades.

The remarkable slowdown hit luxury chains that sell $5,000 designer dresses as badly as stores that offer $18 packs of underwear, suggesting that consumers at all income levels are snapping their wallets shut.

Sales at Neiman Marcus, the luxury department store, dropped nearly 28 percent in October compared with the same month last year. Sales fell 20 percent at Abercrombie & Fitch (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/abercrombie-and-fitch-co/index.html?inline=nyt-org), nearly 17 percent at Saks, 16 percent at Gap and nearly that much at Nordstrom (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/nordstrom_inc/index.html?inline=nyt-org).

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/business/07retail.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

NFO
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Work out really hard the day of the get together, don't shower and I'm sure the "in-laws" will leave you alone, except for that one Uncle who will still smell worse than you, he'll still talk to you.

I. Hustle
11-07-2008, 12:48 PM
What sides and desserts do you guys have for thanksgiving?

RandomGuy
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
And I already have most my shopping done :smokin

Pshaw. Wait until December whent he recession has destroyed retailers sales projections and they are practically BEGGING people to come in an buy stuff.

I am telling the wife to wait until after Christmas this year, then we will tootle over to the San Marcos Outlet malls and buy new clothes for the family.

tonylongoriafan
11-07-2008, 02:25 PM

sides? sides? you sound like the people at my tailgate parties. have a fajita taco with a side of baby back ribs and chicken wings...no room for sides

deserts: i'm cool with that...pecan, pumpkin, apple, chocolate, and lemon pies. :lobt2:

tonylongoriafan
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I am telling the wife to wait until after Christmas this year, then we will tootle over to the San Marcos Outlet malls and buy new clothes for the family.

the outlet malls are stupid! i made the mistake of going there on black friday 2 years ago. we were driving back to SA from the UT/A&M game and decided to stop at the banana republic.

it was like 5pm and everyone was running around acting crazy throwing shit on the floor. outlets = stupid

and what's with the communication with the little radios

beefanus
11-07-2008, 03:03 PM
"it was like 5pm and everyone was running around acting crazy throwing shit on the floor."
god damn where the fuk do u live?!

CuckingFunt
11-07-2008, 04:01 PM

Mashed potatos, sausage stuffing, and raviolis. Always raviolis. Vegetables depend on what looks good at the store/in the garden.

Blake
11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
it was like 5pm and everyone was running around acting crazy throwing shit on the floor. outlets = stupid

that's like Walmart at any time of day.

outlets = stupid because the prices are no different than the mall. In fact, they seem to be higher.