PDA

View Full Version : Official Gay Marriage will pass in 2010 thread

Tag
11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
At the March 7, 2000 primary election Proposition 22 was adopted by a vote of 61.4% to 38%

At the Nov 4, 2008 general election Proposition 8 was adopted by a vote of 51.4% to 48.6%

The No movement had little organization this election, something that can be fixed. In 2010 traditional marriage is done and will put an end to bigotry.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
The youth vote opposed homophobic legislation 2 to 1. Justice will prevail. We're just not there yet. It's a different climb to a different mountaintop.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 02:54 PM
The youth vote opposed homophobic legislation 2 to 1. Justice will prevail. We're just not there yet. It's a different climb to a different mountaintop.

justice will prevail ? Perhaps we disagree on what "justice" means or is based upon.

Intersting that you say you don't let what other people think determine how you think but you have a gay Italian poet for your signature.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 03:02 PM
justice will prevail ? Perhaps we disagree on what "justice" means or is based upon.
I have no doubt we do.

Intersting that you say you don't let what other people think determine how you think but you have a gay Italian poet for your signature.
Respecting the wit and intelligence of others doesn't mean surrendering your own judgment to them.

And Oscar Wilde wasn't Italian. He was Irish. He was also imprisoned for his homosexuality and the hard labor of his imprisonment led directly to his death. I consider that an injustice as much as I consider him an excellent poet and playwright.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I have no doubt we do.

Respecting the wit and intelligence of others doesn't mean surrendering your own judgment to them.

And Oscar Wilde wasn't Italian. He was Irish. He was also imprisoned for his homosexuality and the hard labor of his imprisonment led directly to his death. I consider that an injustice as much as I consider him an excellent poet and playwright.

Yes you are correct -- Irish..
I thought he passed from syphillis which led to cerebral memngitis ? could be wrong I guess. maybe it was prison and not his desire for young boys.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
People like to use the phase "young boys" to imply child molestation, but the "youths" Wilde often referred to were generally of college age. His medical records are not exact, but most modern scholars agree he didn't exhibit signs of syphilis.

All accounts are that his health suffered greatly following prison and that he never fully recovered, making him more inclined to illness. I'm sure his lifestyle did play a role in his decline. When your lifestyle is oppressed and you are forced to explore it on the fringes of society, your health often suffers.

implacable44
11-05-2008, 03:26 PM
People like to use the phase "young boys" to imply child molestation, but the "youths" Wilde often referred to were generally of college age. His medical records are not exact, but most modern scholars agree he didn't exhibit signs of syphilis.

All accounts are that his health suffered greatly following prison and that he never fully recovered, making him more inclined to illness. I'm sure his lifestyle did play a role in his decline. When your lifestyle is oppressed and you are forced to explore it on the fringes of society, your health often suffers.

of course that is your interpretation of "youths" because there are those who disagree with your interpretation.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
of course that is your interpretation of "youths" because there are those who disagree with your interpretation.

Um. No. Most scholars agree with my interpretation. There is not direct evidence or anecdotal evidence to suggest Wilde was ever involved with anyone under the common age of sexual consent. Even his own documented homosexual experiences began when he was sixteen.

But by all means, keep talking about a topic you know nothing about.

DarkReign
11-05-2008, 04:40 PM
HYPOCRITES!

Gaaaaa! Meeeee!

AAaaaaa!

I. Hustle
11-05-2008, 04:42 PM
This thread is gay

cool hand
11-05-2008, 08:34 PM
sour grapes forum.

J.T.
11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks for letting me know about this so that I can vote in favor of keeping things straight in 2010.

PM5K
11-06-2008, 12:46 AM
It's true though, simple math, as more old people die they take their racism and bigotry with them, these props will be defeated in the near future.

It's too bad people have to die before it can happen...

2centsworth
11-06-2008, 12:46 AM
In 2040 I'll be able to marry my horse.

btw, prop 8 is a constitutional amendment.

PixelPusher
11-06-2008, 01:29 AM
In 2040 I'll be able to marry my horse.

btw, prop 8 is a constitutional amendment.

Will horses develop the ability to sign legal contracts 32 years from now?

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2008, 01:33 AM

did prevail, the will of the people be done

BRHornet45
11-06-2008, 04:51 AM
queers cannot marry

Tully365
11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
queers cannot marry

sons I am a man of my word. I will no longer post in the political forum again. its back to basketball and ass and titties. god bless

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
queers cannot marry

I thought you were done here.

Anti.Hero
11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Dude, dont even joke like that, because there are plenty of these libtards that have sex with their dogs... especially in so-called politically correct Cali. They will soon be petitioning rights to marry their pets... you fucking freaks!!!

Actually, one of Cali's own beloved judges on their infamous court of appeals was found guilty of this very thing about 4 months back.