PDA

View Full Version : Don't get me wrong....I don't hate Obama...

CosmicCowboy
11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
He is a very impressive and intelligent man...I just think he ran a very disingenuous campaign...

It is going to be very interesting watching him now that he has to actually govern instead of just promising hope and change.

Reality is gonna be a bitch.

We will see just how much you guys like him within a year when he comes back and tells you:

* The deficit will be more than $1 trillion a year for several years
* The country needs a massive new fiscal stimulus
* The housing market will continue to decline through at least 2010
* Interest rates and taxes will eventually have to rise (after the economy stabilizes)
* Weak corporations have to be allowed to fail
* Millions of homeowners will lose their house
* Unemployment will probably rise to 10%
* The government simply cannot "bail the country out" -- not because it lacks the will, but because it lacks the power

Oh yeah...all those things I promised you in the election? woops. I lied.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Blame Bush if you can't "change" it Forum.

DizzG.
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
oops. wrong forum. Kori please move to the appropriate place. Thanks.

I don't we have a Sober now and want to remove my foot from my mouth forum. :lmao

JoeChalupa
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
He is a very impressive and intelligent man...I just think he ran a very disingenuous campaign...

Sounds like Bush to me.

CosmicCowboy
Nope. I still say fuck anyone that is too lazy to do the research on their local candidates and just votes that "big" button because they like the presidential candidate.

Chef
you crackas had your chance!

JoeChalupa
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Nope. I still say fuck anyone that is too lazy to do the research on their local candidates and just votes that "big" button because they like the presidential candidate.

Just like they did in 2000 and 2004? Get over it. Your candidate lost and the people have spoken.

JoeChalupa
11-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Did it ever occur to you that people did do their research and simply had a different conclusion than you did?

dickface
11-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Just like they did in 2000 and 2004? Get over it. Your candidate lost and the people have spoken.

The people were smart in 2000 and 2004. Now the people are dumb. It's logic.

dickface
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM

Name me one politician in the history of mankind who kept every promise he made.

dickface
11-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it's obvious that the richer is just pissed that he's gonna start getting taxed out the ass, and instead of a diamond encrusted solid gold fountain in his terrace, he's going to have to settle for a silver one.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2008, 02:26 PM
How's the hangover pal?

boutons_
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
"all those things I promised you in the election"

... which were promised by him, and not ginned up by the right-wing?

eg, Messiah, celebrity were right-wing slime, not how he presented himself.

SnakeBoy
11-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I think it's obvious that the richer is just pissed that he's gonna start getting taxed out the ass,

Do you actually believe that Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid and all the other "richers" in washington are going to vote to tax themselves out the ass. There's a reason the tax code is a little more than 10 pages long dumbass.

ClingingMars
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
yeah nobody likes getting their taxes raised. yay Reagan!

-Mars

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 02:45 PM

It is going to be very interesting watching him now that he has to actually govern instead of just promising hope and change.

We will see just how much you guys like him within a year when he comes back and tells you:

* Interest rates and taxes will eventually have to rise (after the economy stabilizes)
* The government simply cannot "bail the country out" -- not because it lacks the will, but because it lacks the power

Deficits were bad then. Because "D".

Got it.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Do you actually believe that Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid and all the other "richers" in washington are going to vote to tax themselves out the ass. There's a reason the tax code is a little more than 10 pages long dumbass.

ooooh Irony alert!!

Wow I wonder what Snakeboy 2008 would make of the Great Tax Giveaway of 2018.

It's all good because "R".

SpursforSix
05-02-2019, 02:49 PM
ooooh Irony alert!!

Wow I wonder what Snakeboy 2008 would make of the Great Tax Giveaway of 2018.

It's all good because "R".

(shrug)

Pot calling out the kettle.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 02:53 PM

Got it.

Deficits are bad. Period. Also unsustainable over the long term, but what the hell...lets just give free tuition, free health care, green dream etc.

Random Guy is all in.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Deficits are bad. Period. Also unsustainable over the long term, but what the hell...lets just give free tuition, free health care, green dream etc.You forgot your golf carts.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 02:57 PM
You forgot your golf carts.

Yep. Thanks Obama!

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Yep. Thanks Obama!So deficits actually good.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 02:59 PM
So deficits actually good.

Getting a $14,000 tax credit for buying golf carts is DAMN good.

I still use them BTW.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 03:01 PM
Getting a $14,000 tax credit for buying golf carts is DAMN good.So deficits good. You said it.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 03:06 PM
So deficits good.

Apparently Obama thought so.

You apparently are insinuating I am a hypocrite for taking advantage of the EV tax credits that were available, but I am totally OK with that. I am even OK with paying professionals to do everything legally possible to limit my tax liability. I'm pretty sure I still pay a LOT more taxes than you do so I don't feel the slightest shred of guilt.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2019, 03:12 PM
lol bumping an 11 year old thread

SpursforSix
05-02-2019, 03:18 PM

Seems like he's spending a lot of time doing that.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 03:19 PM

You apparently are insinuating I am a hypocrite for taking advantage of the EV tax credits that were available, but I am totally OK with that. I am even OK with paying professionals to do everything legally possible to limit my tax liability. I'm pretty sure I still pay a LOT more taxes than you do so I don't feel the slightest shred of guilt.I am flat out saying that you don't give a shit about deficits at all and should just shut the fuck up about them. I'm also saying you're an insecure hypocrite.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 03:29 PM
I am flat out saying that you don't give a shit about deficits at all and should just shut the fuck up about them. I'm also saying you're an insecure hypocrite.

:lol

LOL I got Chumpy all riled up. I pay over $100K in federal taxes every year so I'm doing more than my 'fair share".

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 03:30 PM
:lol

LOL I got Chumpy all riled up. I pay over $100K in federal taxes every year so I'm doing more than my 'fair share".:lol

LOL I got CC all riled up proving he doesn't give a shit about deficits. All he can talk about now is muh money.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:13 PM
Seems like he's spending a lot of time doing that.

Dug deep around page 600.

It was a fascinating dive into what was going on when Obama first got elected.

Found a fuckton of ironic posts from conservatives who had a lot of cogent criticisms of Obama, but who STFU when Trump goes 100 times further.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:13 PM

You're welcome.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Deficits are bad. Period. Also unsustainable over the long term, but what the hell...lets just give free tuition, free health care, green dream etc.

Random Guy is all in.

No way man. Raise taxes to pay for it all. No deficits required.

Roll back the tax cuts, and roll up a modest increase on top of that.

It isn't difficult.

SpursforSix
05-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Dug deep around page 600.

It was a fascinating dive into what was going on when Obama first got elected.

Found a fuckton of ironic posts from conservatives who had a lot of cogent criticisms of Obama, but who STFU when Trump goes 100 times further.

(shrugs) (farts)

Btw...I think you mean "hypocritical", not "ironic". But the hypocrisy runs deep on both sides.

(belches)

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 04:19 PM

It isn't difficult.

modest?

Some estimates I have seen would call for doubling the tax rate top to bottom.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:24 PM
modest?

Some estimates I have seen would call for doubling the tax rate top to bottom.

Meh. "some estimates".

Even if we don't do any of these things, we will still have to raise taxes to pay for the 3-4 trillion dollars more in debt that Crooked Donny Bonespurs is piling up.

National health insurance would cost less than our current system, so we would end up collectively better off.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2019, 04:26 PM

It isn't difficult.
95% marginal tax on all personal income over $1 Million?

How about corporate net income... 90% tax on all corporate net income over $10 Million?

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Meh. "some estimates".

Even if we don't do any of these things, we will still have to raise taxes to pay for the 3-4 trillion dollars more in debt that Crooked Donny Bonespurs is piling up.

National health insurance would cost less than our current system, so we would end up collectively better off.

a July 2018 report by Charles Blahous, senior research strategist at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University. Blahous served as a public trustee for Social Security and Medicare from 2010-'15.

The center is described as a non-profit free-market-oriented research, education, and outreach think tank. Blahous’ expertise includes domestic economic policy, federal fiscal policy and health care programs.

According to Blahous’ report, Sanders’ "Medicare for all" bill "would under conservative estimates increase federal budget commitments by approximately $32.6 trillion during its first 10 years of full implementation (2022–2031), assuming enactment in 2018."

In the report, Blahous wrote that "doubling all currently projected federal individual and corporate income tax collections would be insufficient to finance the added federal costs of the plan. In a Wall Street Journal commentary, Blahous wrote.

"My projection generously assumes the plan would succeed in lowering prescription-drug costs and that administrative costs would somehow be less than half what they are among private insurers. Most important, it assumes Medicare for All would successfully cut all health-care provider payments down to Medicare’s reimbursement rates, which are more than 40% lower than private insurance rates — and even below providers’ costs of delivering services."

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:39 PM
[tired saw about medicare for all from an op-ed]

So how much would be saved on health insurance premiums? Does your "some estimate" provide that?

If not, then why do you think they omitted that data?

Conservatives, in general, cannot rationally or honestly discuss this topic, so I don't expect you to answer either question. My guess is that you will simply shift to another talking point.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:45 PM
95% marginal tax on all personal income over $1 Million?

How about corporate net income... 90% tax on all corporate net income over $10 Million?

Don't need taxes that high. That seems vastly too extreme, and counterproductive.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 04:48 PM
So how much would be saved on health insurance premiums? Does your "some estimate" provide that?

Conservatives in general, cannot rationally, or honestly discuss this topic, so I don't expect you to answer either question. My guess is that you will simply shift to another talking point.

Sorry, just read the summary, not the full report. I read the current average of health care costs per person is around $10,500. Obviously if your taxes go up less than that your are a winner, if they go up more than that you are a loser. You clearly are in the camp of "soak the rich" and I can understand that since you personally expect to receive more benefits than you will have to pay for in taxes. It's understandable human nature.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 04:52 PM

Conservatives in general, cannot rationally, or honestly discuss this topic, so I don't expect you to answer either question. My guess is that you will simply shift to another talking point.

Sorry, just read the summary, not the full report. I read the current average of health care costs per person is around $10,500. Obviously if you taxes go up less than that your are a winner, if they go up more than that you are a loser. You clearly are in the camp of "soak the rich" and I can understand that since you personally expect to receive more benefits than you will have to pay for. It's understandable human nature.

So, you answered neither question, and shifted to another talking point not only irrelevant to the merits of the policy, but actively committing a logical fallacy in the process.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 04:54 PM
:lol Classic CosmicCowpie subject change

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 04:57 PM
So, you answered neither question, and shifted to another talking point irrelevant to the merits of the policy.

Conservatives cannot honestly discuss this topic. Sad to see so many simply stop caring about facts or truth.

At least we know where you stand. Any lie is ok.

like I said, I didn't read the full report, just the summary. I don't know if they did or did not omit that data, but I addressed your point and answered your question.

Assuming universal health care is paid for by tax increases some will benefit financially from universal health care because they receive more benefits than they pay in taxes. Some won't because they pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits. It's really pretty obvious.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Um, doesn't every beneficiary of health insurance benefit from health insurance?

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 05:00 PM
I get that you and chumpster are in the "soak the rich" category because you anticipate you will benefit, since it's "them" and not "you". It's only human nature.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Um, doesn't every beneficiary of health insurance benefit from health insurance?

Not necessarily. A healthy person that pays for insurance (or whose taxes go up to pay for it) and doesn't use it (because they are healthy) doesn't benefit from insurance.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Not necessarily. A healthy person that pays for insurance and doesn't use it (because they are healthy) doesn't benefit from insurance.Which is why I used the word beneficiaries and put it in italics.

Doesn't every beneficiary of health insurance benefit from health insurance?

It's almost as if those beneficiaries benefit from the premiums pooled from them and other premium payers.

Wow!

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Which is why I used the word beneficiaries and put it in italics.

What the fuck are you trying to say? Please rephrase your question. I gave you a perfect example of someone who is not a beneficiary of insurance.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Which is why I used the word beneficiaries and put it in italics.

It's almost as if those beneficiaries benefit from the premiums pooled from them and other premium payers.

Wow!

Oh...back to your asinine circular argument of pooled risk. All pooled insurance risks/premiums have winners and losers. Not to mention the house rake off the top.

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Oh...back to your asinine circular argument of pooled risk. All pooled risks have winners and losers.:lol How is it asinine?
How is it circular?

I asked you a simple question about beneficiaries of health insurance you still haven't answered.

That's all.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Asked and answered. Fuck off.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Don't need taxes that high. That seems vastly too extreme, and counterproductive.

Well you can do that and then turn around and lower taxes for the middle class (100-250K combined family income) which is always hit the hardest by the IRS?

Pavlov
05-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Asked and answered. Fuck off.:lol so pissy

Spurtacular
05-02-2019, 06:31 PM

http://www.idioms4you.com/img/angif-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.gif

Spurtacular
05-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Got it.

They're still bad. Nobody hiding behind Keynsian economics here.

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 02:37 AM
http://www.idioms4you.com/img/angif-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.gifExcept he was wrong on a lot of it, sure.

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 02:37 AM
They're still bad. Nobody hiding behind Keynsian economics here.What are you hiding behind now that Trump is running up the deficits?

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Except he was wrong on a lot of it, sure.

Sure, he was.

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 08:35 AM
What are you hiding behind now that Trump is running up the deficits?

:cry Deficits bad now for you though :cry

:lmao

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 08:37 AM
:cry Deficits bad now for you though :cry

:lmaoThey are bad in this kind of economy.

Pretty simple.

Are deficits good now, derp?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 08:47 AM
They are bad in this kind of economy.

:cry Deficits definitely bad now :cry

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 08:51 AM
:cry Deficits definitely bad now :cry

:lmaoderp definitely votes present.
derp is afraid to say anything else.
derp will move on to another grudge post.

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Pretty simple.

:cry Trump's president now :cry

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 08:58 AM
:cry Trump's president now :cry

:lmaoNope, they were bad in the final years of the Obama presidency as well.

derp definitely votes present.
derp is definitely afraid.
definitely lol derp

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Nope, they were bad in the final years of the Obama presidency as well.

Yea, I bet you picked that torch up. :lol

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Yea, I bet you picked that torch up. :lolderp definitely voting present then and now

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 09:08 AM
derp definitely voting present then and now

As opposed to voting both Yay and Nay.

:lmao Psychopav Chump

Pavlov
05-03-2019, 09:12 AM
As opposed to voting both Yay and Nay.Not at the same time.

What part do you not understand, derp?

Let's discuss this.

Th'Pusher
05-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Except he was wrong on a lot of it, sure.

What part did he get correct?

RandomGuy
05-03-2019, 04:17 PM
They're still bad. Nobody hiding behind Keynsian economics here.

You are against the tax cuts passed last year?

Spurtacular
05-03-2019, 07:51 PM
You are against the tax cuts passed last year?

I don't cry tears when the govt. isn't allowed to siphon more money from the electorate.

CosmicCowboy
05-04-2019, 03:08 PM
So let’s pretend for a second you actually are wealthy.

Judging by the quality of your intellect, and willingness to brag about having money, on a website full of people you will never meet, you won the lottery, and have some leftover.

Either that, or like most soulless valueless cocksuckers, you inherited it.

Which is it Sandusky? You are a lying piece of shit, we all know that. But we also know, you’re not any sort of self made man.

Aren't you the jealous little bitch?

Sucks to be you. Only thing you have is being an ass on the internet, loser.

RandomGuy
05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
I don't cry tears when the govt. isn't allowed to siphon more money from the electorate.

So you are for massive deficits? Pick a lane, geenyus.

Riddle me this, what happens when the increased debt service charges pile up?

Spurtacular
05-06-2019, 09:32 PM
So you are for massive deficits? Pick a lane, geenyus.

Riddle me this, what happens when the increased debt service charges pile up?

No, I'm saying the more the govt. steals, the more they think they can wildly spend, dipshit.

Chris
10-30-2019, 12:49 AM
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1189395819973099520?s=19

Spot on :tu

ChumpDumper
10-30-2019, 12:55 AM

Spot on :tu:lmao you ooze outrage and are the #1 proponent of cancel culture here.

Spurtacular
10-31-2019, 01:10 AM

You apparently are insinuating I am a hypocrite for taking advantage of the EV tax credits that were available, but I am totally OK with that. I am even OK with paying professionals to do everything legally possible to limit my tax liability. I'm pretty sure I still pay a LOT more taxes than you do so I don't feel the slightest shred of guilt.

People on disability aren't paying income tax.

Spurtacular
10-31-2019, 01:12 AM

Obama trying to rein in the minions.

Isitjustme?
10-31-2019, 01:26 AM

You are in a perpetual state of outrage Chris.