PDA

View Full Version : Palin refuses to take the blame for defeat

ducks
11-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Palin refuses to take the blame for defeat

Slideshow: Gov. Sarah Palin Play Video Video: Full Obama Victory Speech ABC News Play Video Video: Robin's Election Night Video Diary ABC News WASHINGTON (AFP) – Alaska governor Sarah Palin refused to take the blame for Republican John McCain's defeat in the White House race and said it was time for Americans to come together, in a CNN interview broadcast Wednesday.

Palin dismissed reports that some people deliberately voted against the Republican ticket because she was McCain's running mate, despite recent polls which suggested she was dragging him down.

"I don't think anybody should give Sarah Palin that much credit that I would trump an economic time in this nation that occurred about two months ago," she told CNN late Tuesday.

"That my presence on the ticket would trump the economic crisis that America found itself in a couple of months ago and attribute John McCain's loss to me."

But she said if her presence had in any way damaged McCain's chances at the polls she would regret it.

"If I cost John McCain even one vote, I am sorry about that because John McCain, I believe, is the American hero.

"I had believed it was his time. He being so full of courage and wisdom and experience. That knowledge he embodies, I believe he would have been the best pick. But that is not the Americans' choice at this time."

The 44-year-old governor of the far northwest state of Alaska, the mother-of-five and a devout Christian, said it was time to turn to the future. "This being a chapter now that is closed and realizing that it is a time to unite, and all Americans need to get together and help with this new administration being ushered in," she said.

She said the Republicans, who lost several traditional stronghold states to Democratic president-elect Barack Obama, as well as a chunk of seats in the Congress, now had to look ahead to the presidential elections in 2012.

After being picked by McCain as the first woman on a Republican presidential ticket, Palin downplayed speculation that she now might have in mind a White House bid herself in four years.

"Having said that, 2012 sounds so far off that can't even imagine what I'd be doing then," she said.

She also denied charges that she had behaved like a diva during the race -- charges that emerged from Republican aides as the wheels began to come off McCain's campaign in the final weeks before the election.

"It is absolutely false that there's been any tension, certainly from my part or my family's part. In fact, my family was surrounding me here," she told CNN.

Oh, Gee!!
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Implosion-R

ChumpDumper
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, she's got the referring to herself in the third person megalomania angle down pat.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 02:55 PM
McCain would have lost by twice as much without Palin. The fact is he wasn't different enough from Obama for people to really care, and he spent most of the last month sounding shrill and unpresidential.

the Jimmy
11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Jimmy likes her style.

lefty
11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
" Your honor,

Mrs Palin is too dumb to be guilty "

The Reckoning
11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2lk87yr.jpg

boutons_
11-05-2008, 03:05 PM
McNasty failed horribly, as his has his entire life, in choosing pitbull bitch, because she appealed only to the red-necks, racists, and "Christian" freaks of his base who were always going to vote Repug anyway, while scaring off the Repug moderates and independents that he absolutely had to prevail with in order to win.

That's is not to deny the negative effect of McSame being correctly, accurately identified with dubya and conservative economic philosophy (Phil Gramm anyone?) as the under-regulated financial sector self-destructed and was successfully pointed out by Obama post-Lehman.

Bigzax
11-05-2008, 03:08 PM
boutons...your guy won...you can go ahead and remove that stick...

do it! yes you can! :lmao

SnakeBoy
11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
McCain would have lost by twice as much without Palin. The fact is he wasn't different enough from Obama for people to really care, and he spent most of the last month sounding shrill and unpresidential.

Yeah, people seem to forget how little enthusiasm republicans felt for McCain before the Palin pick. From what I've heard the people in the McCain camp who were undermining her are Romney supporters. Their just worried about 2012 imo.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, people seem to forget how little enthusiasm republicans felt for McCain before the Palin pick. From what I've heard the people in the McCain camp who were undermining her are Romney supporters. Their just worried about 2012 imo.

Well if true that certainly worked wonders. Cutting off your nose to spite your party is always wise. Maybe Romney should learn to inspire something more than snores. :sleep

PixelPusher
11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Palin dismissed reports that some people deliberately voted against the Republican ticket because she was McCain's running mate, despite recent polls which suggested she was dragging him down.
Ignoring any evidence that contradicts your views? No wonder whottt loves this woman.

boutons_
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Did Willard's 5 boys, freed their service to the country of trying to get him elected, go off and sign up for Iraq?

The face-planting economy is a hugely effective military recruiting tool, as youngsters with no jobs turn to the military for life support.

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Palin assured that moderates would break more for Obama. I guess she was good for the country after all.

DarrinS
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Obama/Biden already won. Isn't it time to move on?

clambake
11-05-2008, 03:26 PM

not yet, cuz she won't shut up.

MaryAnnKilledGinger
11-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Yes. We shouldn't explore any of the implications of this election or what it means to the conservative party.

DarkReign
11-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, she's got the referring to herself in the third person megalomania angle down pat.

Thats the first thing I noticed. I think shes re-inventing her image.

She's done with the Fargo act and moving on to the Karl Malone angle.