PDA

View Full Version : Stocks fall as investors ponder Obama presidency

ducks
11-05-2008, 03:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

boutons_
11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
no, stocks fall because the financial sector is still as fucked and irreparable as ever, along with the contractions of the economy, even if McNasty were elected.

Centaur of the Sun
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm assuming Ducks is a grown adult.

What's sad is when a grown adult has the thought process and ability to communicate as an 8 year old.

PM5K
11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
No what's sad is that ducks is just reposting this, he didn't actually write the bullshit article.

Stocks didn't begin to fall until the ADP report was released that showed private companies had cut 157,000 jobs in October.

ClingingMars
11-05-2008, 03:47 PM
yahoo made the implication, not ducks. and it's probably accurate.

-Mars

Spurminator
11-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I suppose the stock rally yesterday was because investors had inside information that McCain was the likely winner.

ducks
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
no, stocks fall because the financial sector is still as fucked and irreparable as ever, along with the contractions of the economy, even if McNasty were elected.

the title says they fall thinking about obama

can you not read

pussyface.
11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches-110508.aspx

Deepening job worries slam stocks

pussyface.
11-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm assuming Ducks is a grown adult.

What's sad is when a grown adult has the thought process and ability to communicate as an 8 year old.

you're giving ducks too much credit. no way he reads or writes at any higher than a 6 year old level.

ClingingMars
11-05-2008, 04:00 PM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches-110508.aspx

Deepening job worries slam stocks

msn.

-Mars

Viva Las Espuelas
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
i thought the markets always has a good day when the incumbent party gets voted out.........

oh that's right, Blame Bush.

2centsworth
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
don't over think short-term gyrations. Let's see what the job market looks and what GDP growth looks like 1 to 2 years from now.

JoeChalupa
11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
No what's said is that ducks is just reposting this, he didn't actually write the bullshit article.

Stocks didn't begin to fall until the ADP report was released that showed private companies had cut 157,000 jobs in October.

I work for ADP and we were expecting that.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Obama will only hurt the economy when he raises taxes.

Centaur of the Sun
11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I know Ducks didn't write the article.

I was just making an observation about his posting in general.

xrayzebra
11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Obama will only hurt the economy when he raises taxes.

Obama doesn't know diddly squat except to raise taxes. But don't
call them taxes. They are investments. Remember.

We may have to got back to the Clinton administration to re-educate
you on the right terms.

Change=Ron Emanuel. Want more change. Wait till he takes your
401K's. You gonna have a good time in this new era.:rollin

Centaur of the Sun
11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
And it's called market volatility. I'd hope that people understood this by now.

Stocks have been and are going to be cresting and troughing like this for the forseeable future.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Obama doesn't know diddly squat except to raise taxes. But don't
call them taxes. They are investments. Remember.

We may have to got back to the Clinton administration to re-educate
you on the right terms.

Change=Ron Emanuel. Want more change. Wait till he takes your
401K's. You gonna have a good time in this new era.:rollin

Thanks. Taxes = Investments.

Clandestino
11-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Seriously though. The president has very little to do with market fluctuations long term. Short term, yes the markets are extremely volatile. Was today caused by Obama.. Probably a big chunk, but overall in 1 to 2 years, the market will have rebounded whether McCain or Obama or the 2 yr old down the street was in power.

doobs
11-05-2008, 05:04 PM
It seems fairly obvious to me that there will be an Obama sell-off over the next few months. I'm considering selling a lot of stocks soon because I don't want to be paying high capital gains taxes.

Gino
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Blame Obama.

Shastafarian
11-05-2008, 06:57 PM
the title says they fall thinking about obama

can you not read

It's not just reading. You need to actually comprehend what you're reading. They're saying stocks would've fallen no matter who was elected. So either you're a moron or you're intellectually dishonest. Pick one.

cool hand
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

that is an unsubstantied, unreferenced statement.....it is an opinion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Come on boutons, Dems said all we needed Obama as president and it would all magically fix itself. Tell the Messiah to wave his magic wand or something.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
It seems fairly obvious to me that there will be an Obama sell-off over the next few months. I'm considering selling a lot of stocks soon because I don't want to be paying high capital gains taxes.

Its really obvious to me that if you're right investors are more moronic than I've ever given them credit for. Can you figure out why?

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Seriously though. The president has very little to do with market fluctuations long term. Short term, yes the markets are extremely volatile. Was today caused by Obama.. Probably a big chunk, but overall in 1 to 2 years, the market will have rebounded whether McCain or Obama or the 2 yr old down the street was in power.

+1

The exit polls said people voted more for Obama because they thought he would be better for the economy. Its a fair question to ask why did the stock go down after the people got what they wanted. Could it be Obama is going to raise taxes giving less money to the people to spend? I think so.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
So when stocks rebound int he coming days what will you say? Its cause of Obama?

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Stock is not going to raise for sometime consistently. Its crazy they did not raise one lousy day after the savior of USA economy was elected President. Its a statement, money talks bullshit walks. Raising taxes will not be the answer and raising taxes is what Obama will do and says he will do.

PM5K
11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
How many of you idiots didn't bother to read that stocks fell because of the ADP REPORT, not Obama.....

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh, so when they go down one day its a statement but if they go up the next its not?

Ok.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh, so when they go down one day its a statement but if they go up the next its not?

Ok.

Again they will not go up consistently anytime soon.They will not go up especially if our Goverment will raise taxes. Our Goverment is run by the Democratic party for the next two years headed by Obama. It would have been a great sign if the stock went up today even knowing it was just BULLSHIT.

Optimism? Thats what Obama's sold the American people. Both partys (republican and democratic) and selfish business people caused this fall. We just elected a President with no expiernence in hopes he can fix our country. Number one on the list...Economy. Its a small tale, a sign that things will not change anytime soon.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
So once again, when they go down one day it makes a statement but when they go up the next its not?

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
So once again, when they go down one day it makes a statement but when they go up the next its not?

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

It is a statement.

Instead of asking questions, you tell me what will happen in your humble opinion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
The same people here who blamed the entire market collapse on Bush are now trying to say it has nothing to do with Obama being elected.

Make up your fucking minds.

2centsworth
11-05-2008, 09:53 PM
How many of you idiots didn't bother to read that stocks fell because of the ADP REPORT, not Obama.....

there has been a lot of disappointing financial news the past couple of weeks, but that hasn't stopped the market from going up. again, focusing attention on short-term gyrations is ridiculous, but please don't try to politicize this market.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 09:56 PM
The same people here who blamed the entire market collapse on Bush are now trying to say it has nothing to do with Obama being elected.

Name those people and address them instead of making vague generalizations. Also its pretty funny that you equate the collapse of the financial sector with one day of stocks going down.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooo

Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

It is a statement.

Instead of asking questions, you tell me what will happen in your humble opinion.

Fuck if I know what the market is going to do tomorrow but I do know in the long run it means jack shit.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
there has been a lot of disappointing financial news the past couple of weeks, but that hasn't stopped the market from going up. again, focusing attention on short-term gyrations is ridiculous, but please don't try to politicize this market.

Are you kidding me? Politics dictate our laws. Our Goverment decides the laws of our country. When our country elects a President that has no expierence to run our country, no senate or house to say "NO" for the next 2 years, you better look at every day.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
:lmao

Except the days where it goes up.

Shastafarian
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM

One day of the Dow and NASDAQ falling doesn't = market collapse. Go back to business school.

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 10:10 PM
One day of the Dow and NASDAQ falling doesn't = market collapse. Go back to business school.

It would be great if people would just use common sense.

veruca
11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
It just fricking amazes me that the idiot sheep who voted idiot Bush in are already complaining when Obama has yet to serve one day in office. They act as if though our country has been doing great for the past 8 years when it's been run into the ground by idiot Bush and his cronies, who had to take us into an unnecessary war and helped tank our economy. They complain Obama doesn't have the experience--just look at idiot Bush and what a lousy-ass job he did!!! The Republicans controlled the presidency and Congress for 6 of last 8years--at least try to take some responsibility for the good AND the bad!!!

jack sommerset
11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
It just fricking amazes me that the idiot sheep who voted idiot Bush in are already complaining when Obama has yet to serve one day in office. They act as if though our country has been doing great for the past 8 years when it's been run into the ground by idiot Bush and his cronies, who had to take us into an unnecessary war and helped tank our economy. They complain Obama doesn't have the experience--just look at idiot Bush and what a lousy-ass job he did!!! The Republicans controlled the presidency and Congress for 6 of last 8years--at least try to take some responsibility for the good AND the bad!!!

Sheep? The election was not Obama vs Bush, It was McCain vs Obama. Thats a Obama line. "4 more years of Bush". Responsiblity? Both party's voted for the war. Our economy tanked because our country was stupid. For you to think either party was responsible makes you the idiot. If you think for one second our economy will recover with Obama increasing taxes you are sadly wrong.

RandomGuy
05-02-2019, 02:42 PM
Sheep? The election was not Obama vs Bush, It was McCain vs Obama. Thats a Obama line. "4 more years of Bush". Responsiblity? Both party's voted for the war. Our economy tanked because our country was stupid. For you to think either party was responsible makes you the idiot. If you think for one second our economy will recover with Obama increasing taxes you are sadly wrong.

So the economy recovered.