PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jindal???

florige
11-05-2008, 04:31 PM
http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/10/17/jindal-to-speak-at-iowa-event-shortly-after-election/

Bobby Jindal Puts Down Marker for 2012 Presidential Race
@ 11:22 am by Hill Staff
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) will give a speech to an Iowa Christian group just two and a half weeks after Election Day — a move likely to link his name early with the Republican Party's 2012 presidential ticket.

Jindal will speak at the Iowa Family Policy Center's "Celebrating the Family" banquet on November 22, a fundraiser for the conservative, Des Moines group.

Iowa is traditionally home to the first presidential caucus, and a battleground for presidential hopefuls to tune up their campaigns. Jindal, the Republican governor of Louisiana, was widely thought of as a possible running mate choice by John McCain before the nominee chose Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

-Michael O'Brien

Centaur of the Sun
11-05-2008, 04:38 PM
He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He was also convincing when he said he didn't want the VP nomination because he had unfinished business in regards to fixing up Louisiana.

PixelPusher
11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Bobby Jindal was item 15 on the agenda for the conservative supersecret strategy session

http://a.236.com/images/photo2/7057/original/original_opt.jpg

implacable44
11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Bobby Jindal was item 15 on the agenda for the conservative supersecret strategy session

http://a.236.com/images/photo2/7057/original/original_opt.jpg

wow.. and conservatives are the bigots ??

LnGrrrR
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
He did well with the evacuation of New Orleans. Not sure about his political stances, but that's a plus right there.

T Park
11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Jindal is a fantastic choice if he decides to do it.

Classic fiscal conservative with a great head on his shoulders and very smart.

Definately my pick for 2012.

boutons_
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Repugs won't ever support a macaca.

TheMadHatter
11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
^this and Jindal is an absolute religious nutcase of the highest degree. He makes Bush look like an athiest.

Centaur of the Sun
11-05-2008, 07:49 PM

I had to double take.

I thought macaca was just another one of your plays on McCain's name.

Centaur of the Sun
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
^this and Jindal is an absolute religious nutcase of the highest degree. He makes Bush look like an athiest.

hmm... brown... charistmatic... a new hope... nutcase..

Jindal = anti-christ?

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 07:55 PM

Classy as always.

TheTruth
11-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Definitely someone that could get the Conservative base riled up. Never voted for abortion rights, fiscally conservative, great voting record when he was in congress.

ClingingMars
11-05-2008, 07:58 PM
wow.. and conservatives are the bigots ??

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 08:52 PM

Who's the racist bigot again on this forum boutons?

You're such a bitch.

One, it's pathetic that you are stooping to that level but then again you're a pathetic little bitch.

Two, if your racial slur was anywhere near accurate, how did Jindal get elected governor of Louisiana?

Jindal in 2012 would be awesome, and apparently you think so too or you wouldn't be going down this path already.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
hmm... brown... charistmatic... a new hope... nutcase..

Jindal = anti-christ?

Well, of course. You have to see it from the Democratic perspective. Any woman or minority who's got a (R) by their name has to be trashed, they're a threat to the liberal dogma that all conservatives are racists and sexists.

boutons_
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
macaca is a Repug word for American citizens, just throwing it back atcha.

TheMadHatter
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Republicans will never vote for a sand-######. Never.

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
It's pretty hard for me to vote for someone who wants to have schools teaching creationism. Unless Obama's economic plan turns out to be a huge failure and Jindal has a spectacular one, I cannot see myself voting for him.

jack sommerset
11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
This guy looks like a bobble head

implacable44
11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
This guy looks like a bobble head

bobby jindal looks like a bobble head ? Really ? You have seen pictures of that dude that got elected -- Obama ? You have seen that head and those things he calls ears right ?

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
It's pretty hard for me to vote for someone who wants to have schools teaching creationism.

Really? Man, why must every candidate have some off-the-wall policy that instantly stops me from being interested?

I'll do my own research, but if its true, this guy is a freak.

Anti.Hero
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Time for the dickless losers on Spurstalk to bash another republican.

yayyyyayay

baseline bum
11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Time for the dickless losers on Spurstalk to bash another republican.

yayyyyayay

Yeah, you've been the model of intelligent discussion on this forum.

T Park
11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
so teach only one side and not the other? LOL wow....

baseline bum
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM

Absolutely. Creationism is not science, and should not be taught as such. Teaching creationism in science class is like pushing atheism at church.

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 11:59 AM
bobby jindal looks like a bobble head ? Really ? You have seen pictures of that dude that got elected -- Obama ? You have seen that head and those things he calls ears right ?

Why so defensive?

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM

What's the other side? There is no other side. Creationism is religion. It's the belief that God created everything. People claiming this "other side" bullshit have no idea what they're talking about.

doobs
11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Jindal participated in an exorcism, I think. I don't know, I just remember there was something a little nutty in his past. Otherwise, he would have been a good choice for VP this year. He's younger than Obama, yet far more experienced. Smarter, too.

Spurminator
11-06-2008, 02:45 PM
He's pro-life all the way, he supports teaching ID, he supported the flag desecration amendment, he voted for a fence on the border, he voted against stem cell research, he's against same sex marriage, voted for the Patriot Act, favors capital punishment for rape and murder, and believes English should be the official language of the US.

He'll be the nominee in 2012 without question.

implacable44
11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
He's pro-life all the way, he supports teaching ID, he supported the flag desecration amendment, he voted for a fence on the border, he voted against stem cell research, he's against same sex marriage, voted for the Patriot Act, favors capital punishment for rape and murder, and believes English should be the official language of the US.

He'll be the nominee in 2012 without question.

You mean he didn't vote present 129 times ?

baseline bum
11-06-2008, 02:55 PM
One positive I can say about Jindal is he's not the anti-intellectual the Republicans have thrown at us previously with Bush and Palin. He was a Rhodes Scholar, so that immediately shows he's smart enough to not be suckered into blindly following an ideology.

BradLohaus
11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
If he promises to get rid of the Fed and throw some of these Wall Street banksters in prison, then I won't care if Jindal thinks that William the Conqueror rode a dinosaur across the English Channel.

TheMadHatter
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
From what I know he's incredibly smart and has that innate ability to lead. As governor of LA he has done a phenomenal job in his 1st term. He will easily win reelection and likely finish out that term before he runs for President though IMHO to cement his image as that of an effective reformer and governor.

If he won in 2012 or 2016 I wouldn't be upset about it. My concerns are his extremist stances on social issues, if he could promise to keep a muzzle on them and not try and radically change this nation (i.e. keep the status quo) I'd consider voting for him. This is assuming Obama royally fucks up the country in the next 4-8.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2008, 04:31 PM
His neck is too thin to be presidential.

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Which is provable and observable?

101A
11-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Which is provable and observable?

Meh.

My daughter came home with a Science book last night that claimed that, "There will probably Space Farmers on Space stations within 40 years." There was more, but that one stood out. OH, I remember another one; they had a diagram of a tree getting chopped up, and its sawdust entering three different factories; one to turn it into Tomato Juice, one to turn it into Flour, and one to turn it into Vegetable oil. NONE of the technology for this exists; nor did the book explain why we would want to go to all the effort to grow trees, and expend the energy to convert them into Tomatoes, Wheat and Canola - and not just grow those crops themselves. Dedicated two entire, full color, pages to, well, whatever "that" was.

We lost the intellectual high ground on science education at some point in the past 30 years. They're already teaching shit that is completely made up - I won't even call it "theoretical" - THAT gives it too much credit!. There might be other reasons to leave creationism out of the classroom; but "proveable and observable", unfortunately, ain't it anymore.

btw; my entire idea of creationism is simply that God set the wheels in motion; laid down the rules of space/time/physics - and we're all living by those rules; studying them, and learning them, only makes sense - studying what he did is not possible - only the "why" of it needs study, and THAT, certainly, should be done at home, in bible study, and in Church; NOT in public school. It is the domain of philosophers and believers, NOT of scientists.

possessed
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
One positive I can say about Jindal is he's not the anti-intellectual the Republicans have thrown at us previously with Bush and Palin. He was a Rhodes Scholar, so that immediately shows he's smart enough to not be suckered into blindly following an ideology.

True, though he's a bit of a nerd.

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Meh.

My daughter came home with a Science book last night that claimed that, "There will probably Space Farmers on Space stations within 40 years." There was more, but that one stood out. OH, I remember another one; they had a diagram of a tree getting chopped up, and its sawdust entering three different factories; one to turn it into Tomato Juice, one to turn it into Flour, and one to turn it into Vegetable oil. NONE of the technology for this exists; nor did the book explain why we would want to go to all the effort to grow trees, and expend the energy to convert them into Tomatoes, Wheat and Canola - and not just grow those crops themselves. Dedicated two entire, full color, pages to, well, whatever "that" was.

We lost the intellectual high ground on science education at some point in the past 30 years. They're already teaching shit that is completely made up - I won't even call it "theoretical" - THAT gives it too much credit!. There might be other reasons to leave creationism out of the classroom; but "proveable and observable", unfortunately, ain't it anymore.

btw; my entire idea of creationism is simply that God set the wheels in motion; laid down the rules of space/time/physics - and we're all living by those rules; studying them, and learning them, only makes sense - studying what he did is not possible - only the "why" of it needs study, and THAT, certainly, should be done at home, in bible study, and in Church; NOT in public school. It is the domain of philosophers and believers, NOT of scientists.
Excellent post. Though I'd like to see that science textbook.

ClingingMars
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
he could be the next President after obama fucks everything up if he can beat out Romney/Huck/Palin/Thompson in the primary.

-Mars

101A
11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Excellent post. Though I'd like to see that science textbook.

I'll get my daughter to bring it home and get you some scans.

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I'll get my daughter to bring it home and get you some scans.

What grade is she in?

gingerwave
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Jindal 2016 more than likely

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Here's a question for anyone who is in favor of teaching Creationism in school. Would you or would you not support the teaching of Scientology in school?

baseline bum
11-06-2008, 07:32 PM
he could be the next President after obama fucks everything up if he can beat out Romney/Huck/Palin/Thompson in the primary.

-Mars

If Jindal can't beat that crop of garbage then the Republicans are really screwed.

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Are you sure that wasnt just metaphor for a process?

Because that sounds an awful lot like an abstract example.

We havent lost that much if youre being honest with yourself.

"Two tickets to..."