PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Dirk are more clutch than Tim Ducan?

Allanon
11-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I was talking to another Spurs fan and he says Manu's more clutch than Duncan and also showed me a list that Nowitzki was also more clutch than Duncan.

So who's most clutch?

angelbelow
11-05-2008, 06:34 PM
duncans had his fair share of game winners/clutch shots. i wouldnt expect it to be lower than dirks. and duncans D is easily superior to dirks, esp in crunch time. so this question is easy for me DUNCAN>dirk.

i dont want to choose between manu and duncan =p

Magic_Johnson
11-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Dirk is more clutch, then Manu, then Duncan

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2008, 06:38 PM
tim duncan doesnt have many chances to perform in the clutch cause his team is always in blowout wins.

manu only lives in the 4th quarter, first 3 quarters his nowhere to be seen.

td lives out through 4 quarters and overtime....

dirk? cant take a guy serious when he cant score on a guard name parker...

FromWayDowntown
11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
It's an absurd statement. Duncan has a significant number of gigantic shots, big plays, and huge 4th quarters in big games on his resume. Ginobili makes a lot of plays in those moments as well. And each has done more of that -- particularly in huge moments -- than Dirk Nowitzki.

Here are what I suspect are the numbers referenced in the OP: http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM. I guess that mostly because Ginobili and Nowitzki were higher on the list for the 2007-08 regular season in Points per 48 minutes of clutch time than Duncan. I'm not sure that truly defines either as "more clutch" than Duncan, though.

Duncan was pretty damned "clutch" in Game 1 of the Phoenix series last spring.

xtremesteven33
11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Dirk is clutch. I dont care what other sport fans say. Us spurs fans know from experience, the last guy we want taking game winning shots/free throws against us are Kobe and Dirk

Magic_Johnson
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Dirk is clutch. I dont care what other sport fans say. Us spurs fans know from experience, the last guy we want taking game winning shots/free throws against us are Kobe and Dirk

+1

Indazone
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Who is this Tim Ducan you speak of in your title?

ludda
11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Manu.

Duncan is clutch too, obviously.
Dirk is more clutch than most people give him credit for.

z0sa
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM

So where was Dirk in Game 6 of the GS series? ... (how about saying if we lose game 4 and go down 3-1, the series is over? clutch timing there, as well)

Where was he in the 06 Finals when he missed that free throw? ...

/cue Mavs fan with the ginobili (aka spurs fault had nothing to do with Dirk) foul

This guy is a softie when it comes down to prime time, when the championship is on the line. I love his jumpshot though.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
dirk? cant take a guy serious when he cant score on a guard name parker...

I know you're not the most intelligent of posters, but this is about as retarded as saying nobdody can take Duncan seriously because all time greats like like Desanga Diop and Eric Dampier locked him down the last part of game 7.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2008, 07:16 PM
/cue Mavs fan with the ginobili (aka spurs fault had nothing to do with Dirk) foul

Did he make the free throw after the foul?

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Results 1 - 10 of about 4,900 for "tim ducan". (0.14 seconds)

Damn, he's a real player!

Looks awfully fucking clutch to me.

JMarkJohns
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
At least against the Suns, if there's four minutes remaining in a half, and Manu shoots, I'm burying my head in the couch or bashing it against the wall because I know that shot is going in.

Duncan is great, but Manu is amazingly clutch. Dirk is adequate.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Manu's got that end of game "I'm going to beat you" clutchness that few guys ever have, and maybe one other player currently in the league has. Duncan's still got his share of big game performances and game-winning shots. There's no shame in being second to Manu in that department.

angelbelow
11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
not surprised to see manu leading.

MrChug
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Dirk on this list is well...I don't need to say it.

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
what type of clutch are we talking about? if it's big shots, obviously I'd give it to Manu..a swingman is generally more clutch than a big man..but big games? obviously Duncan..he's an all-time great playoffs and big game performer..

Fernando TD21
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Duncan is clutch. I don't care from where he is shooting, if he has the game on his hands, I like Spurs chances.

Texas Chili Dog
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I think more votes will rain in for Duncan after tonight.

Thomas82
11-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I think more votes will rain in for Duncan after tonight.

I think so too, 30 and 16 is not bad at all.

timvp
11-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Statistically speaking, in the last few seasons it depends if you are talking regular season or playoffs. Regular season it goes Manu > Duncan > Parker. In the playoffs it goes Parker > Duncan > Manu.

I'm not sure where Dirk fits in but he's not exactly the first person I think of when I hear the word clutch . . .

Texas Chili Dog
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I think so too, 30 and 16 is not bad at all.

are you the same Thomas82 from cowboys-forum? :toast

dirk4mvp
11-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure where Dirk fits in but he's not exactly the first person I think of when I hear the word clutch . . .

There's 3 or 4 payers tops who are more deadly when their taking the final shot of a game.