PDA

View Full Version : Mccain campaign reveals how stupid palin really was

sook
11-05-2008, 08:42 PM
She didn't know africa was a continent....and you know what Bill O Reilly had to say...

"Well she can be tutored."

This guy serious?

and EDIT* i just heard this....

She would through such huge tantrums after she would read her reviews and such that she would bring the people around her to tears.

It seems that that tension they were talking about was worse than we thought.

The mccain staff seems to be revealing everything about her now...

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Can I get a link? This sounds juicy.

PixelPusher
11-05-2008, 08:51 PM
MWZHTJsR4Bc

Wow.

PixelPusher
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
btw, Shep Smith has been launching them out of the park this past week.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Not removing her after you knew all this and spewing "country first" really makes me think extremely lowly of John McCain. I don't believe there ever was a 2000 John McCain. It was just a creation for politics.

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Whott, you picked a real winner here. Man, her career is over. I gotta admit it's shady the way McCain is making her the scapegoat, even though she was devastating to his campaign. In the end, the Mack still picked her and should share some of the responsibility for the train-wreck of a campaign he ran.

Shastafarian
11-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm happy to see her foreign policy experience helped her figure out who participates in NAFTA and that Africa is a continent.

SnakeBoy
11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Listen, if you are going to believe she didn't know africa was a continent because some anonymous people are trying to cover their ass after running an absolutely shitty campaign then you only need to look into the mirror to see stupid.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Do y'all really believe all this?

Several of the McCain campaign staffers are Romney guys. Hmm, now why would a couple of unnamed McCain staffers ever want to make a potential candidate for the 2012 nomination not named Romney look bad?

Shastafarian
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Listen, if you are going to believe she didn't know africa was a continent because some anonymous people are trying to cover their ass after running an absolutely shitty campaign then you only need to look into the mirror to see stupid.

Yeah because people make shit like that up.

"How do we make her seem really stupid?"
"We could say she doesn't know who the Prime Minister of England is."
"No that's too hard. Some citizens might not even know that."
"How about we say she doesn't know Africa is a continent?"
"...I think you're on to something."

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 09:56 PM

Several of the McCain campaign staffers are Romney guys. Hmm, now why would a couple of unnamed McCain staffers ever want to make a potential candidate for the 2012 nomination not named Romney look bad?

It's not much of a stretch with the intellect she showed in the Gibson and Couric interviews.

Warlord23
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
The gory truth might well be stranger than fiction in this case. As Einstein said "two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe"

America dodged a bullet in this election.

Anti.Hero
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
So more got'cha journalism?

PixelPusher
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Apparently Snakeboy and Anti.Hero can't hold two thoughts in their head at the same time: campaign staffers are trying to cover their asses for a shitty campaign, AND Sarah Palin is frightfully ignorant.

ploto
11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Told you so.

sook
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
paging whottt....comeon at least have the guts to show up here after we told you so everytime.

When your own candidate says that shit i can't imagine how your feeling now:lol:rollin:rolleyes:downspin:

Oh and props to pixelpusher for posting the right vid :toast

baseline bum
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Has there ever been another VP candidate have to apologize for costing her ticket votes? :lol

florige
11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
My thought is the McCain campaign was probably hoping it would turn out like it did for Bush Sr in 88 with "Mr Potatoe". She cost him waaay more than one vote.

Spurminator
11-05-2008, 11:09 PM
This was off the record until after the Election. Which means McCain could have won last night, and this would be coming out. We would be finding out that our VP-elect doesn't know Africa is a continent. Can you imagine?

Of course, as I've said before, I've always been skeptical that Palin was actually intended to be the VP anyway. True or not, this could have been a strategic move to have her replaced before McCain took office. A story like this about the person this country had just elected VP would have been enormous, and probably enough to make her resign in humiliation.

I usually don't subscribe to theories like this but the very selection of Palin was enough to make me question how far politicians will go to win an election.

Whichever scenario is true... whether Palin really is this dumb or whether this was a pre-fabricated lie intended to push her out of the VP spot, it's unforgivable.

whottt
11-06-2008, 12:24 AM
At least she knows how many states there are...

whottt
11-06-2008, 12:24 AM
btw, Shep Smith has been launching them out of the park this past week.

He was in the tank for Obama all along...so was O'Reilly.

FromWayDowntown
11-06-2008, 12:26 AM

In some ways, the fact that it's plausible (and it is) makes the truth irrelevant.

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 12:27 AM
At least she knows how many states there are...

He was in the tank for Obama all along...so was O'Reilly.

I thought you left

whottt
11-06-2008, 12:41 AM
I thought you left

Looks like you thought wrong.

clambake
11-06-2008, 12:46 AM

i'm surprised you let her ignorance persuade you.

Purple & Gold
11-06-2008, 01:03 AM
whottt's in love leave him alone

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 01:09 AM

I think misled is more apt since you said you were gonna leave.

Slomo
11-06-2008, 04:21 AM
OK I'm no fan of Sarah Palin, and I do believe she helped Obama get elected more than Biden did.

But the way she's being thrown under the bus since election night is quite disgraceful. It's not like she appointed herself to be McCain's running mate. Where's the critic of the geniuses who thought she could be a VP? Putting an air head like her "a heartbeat away from the presidency" just because they thought it would get them a few more votes!? That in itself (disreguarding the fact how wrong they were) should end those geniuses careers.

Oh, and what's wrong with Fox news? The anchor was actually talking about facts!

whottt
11-06-2008, 05:27 AM
I think misled is more apt since you said you were gonna leave.

I am going to leave...when I'm ready.

whottt
11-06-2008, 05:29 AM
OK I'm no fan of Sarah Palin, and I do believe she helped Obama get elected more than Biden did.

But the way she's being thrown under the bus since election night is quite disgraceful. It's not like she appointed herself to be McCain's running mate. Where's the critic of the geniuses who thought she could be a VP? Putting an air head like her "a heartbeat away from the presidency" just because they thought it would get them a few more votes!? That in itself (disreguarding the fact how wrong they were) should end those geniuses careers.

Oh, and what's wrong with Fox news? The anchor was actually talking about facts!

Sigh...worst Slomo post ever.

Findog
11-06-2008, 07:13 AM

:lmao

She's the most popular and charismatic politician in the country...she's lightning in a bottle, right whottt?

:lmao

Shastafarian
11-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Fox and Friends spent about 20 minutes on her to open their show today (I could've sworn we just elected some other guy...). They bitched and moaned about the mainstream media "sliming" her. Yeah I didn't get it either since it was Fox themselves who were reporting the Africa and NAFTA remarks.

Slomo
11-06-2008, 08:13 AM

Which part?

1.- I don't like Sarah
2.- The McCain campaign was run by idiots
3.- I don't like FOX news

4.- All of the above? (please say it isn't so... :depressed)

Edit: I mean Whottt I'm kinda defending her. You got to give me that.

florige
11-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Which part?

1.- I don't like Sarah
2.- The McCain campaign was run by idiots
3.- I don't like FOX news

4.- All of the above? (please say it isn't so... :depressed)

Actually I think Homer Simpson was McCain's campaign manager.

Mr. Peabody
11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Actually I think Homer Simpson was McCain's campaign manager.

Homer voted for Obama

1aBaX9GPSaQ

Then again other McCain advisers voted for Obama, so it's possible.

TheProfessor
11-06-2008, 09:05 AM
McCain's advisors were planning to throw her under the bus, so you can't take these stories at face value. But I've seen enough of her otherwise to know that conservatives should get off this bandwagon fast and find real leadership for their party before they're entirely regionalized. Jindal or Crist are far better standard-bearers for that youthful, fresh-faced conservative.

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Where's the critic of the geniuses who thought she could be a VP?

http://learninginhand.com/blog/images/Hand-Raise-Question.jpg

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Worst part of this entire Palin debacle is that I think she has a chance in 2012.

Worse than that, I think with the inevitable economic total-meltdown thats going to happen in less than 3 years will be pinned on the current Administration...which it should be.

Ive always said, if I were the Dem/Repub leadership, I would avoid this election like a hot potato.

Seems one party's senior leadership got that memo, too. The Palin pick is starting to look genius, ruins the Repubs chances this election, where the stopgap measures the Fed and Administration have taken to delay the collapse can no longer be avoided.

Someone or some party is going to be blamed for this incoming blast...just-so-happens Democrats are at the helm in all areas of elected Government for at least the next two years.

I tell ya, Im thinking the Republicans may have won by addition through subtraction. Im dead serious. Now they cant be blamed. No pariahs.

Hmmm...

LnGrrrR
11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
I thought she read all the magazines? There must not be any magazines about Africa being a continent.

LnGrrrR
11-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Worst part of this entire Palin debacle is that I think she has a chance in 2012.

Worse than that, I think with the inevitable economic total-meltdown thats going to happen in less than 3 years will be pinned on the current Administration...which it should be.

Ive always said, if I were the Dem/Repub leadership, I would avoid this election like a hot potato.

Seems one party's senior leadership got that memo, too. The Palin pick is starting to look genius, ruins the Repubs chances this election, where the stopgap measures the Fed and Administration have taken to delay the collapse can no longer be avoided.

Someone or some party is going to be blamed for this incoming blast...just-so-happens Democrats are at the helm in all areas of elected Government for at least the next two years.

I tell ya, Im thinking the Republicans may have won by addition through subtraction. Im dead serious. Now they cant be blamed. No pariahs.

Hmmm...

I know Republicans who blamed Clinton for 9/11. People will blame who they want to blame.

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I know Republicans who blamed Clinton for 9/11. People will blame who they want to blame.

Yes, but an economic meltdown is much different than a terrorist attack.

You dont want that on your watch...and it will happen on Obama's watch.

DarrinS
11-06-2008, 09:59 AM
MWZHTJsR4Bc

Wow.

Even after watching the video, I still can't believe this is true. My 4 y.o. knows that Africa is a continent. Could it be that someone overheard something out of context? Kind of like when Obama said he'd visited 57 states? We all know that Obama knows how many states there are.

KenMcCoy
11-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Fox and Friends spent about 20 minutes on her to open their show today (I could've sworn we just elected some other guy...). They bitched and moaned about the mainstream media "sliming" her. Yeah I didn't get it either since it was Fox themselves who were reporting the Africa and NAFTA remarks.

It is because Fox is "Fair and Balanced." They are just showing both sides of the story.

LnGrrrR
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm thinking that maybe Palin is an evil supervillain genius. She puts on the glasses and goes all "Clark Kent" on us, but in her basement in Wasilla she's breeding mutated polar bears that can use hunting rifles, and with this army she plans on dominating the world.

I mean, can anyone be that dumb without doing it on purpose?

Buddy Holly
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
LOL at people think these are lies when all of this stuff was revealed during the campaign and not after.

clambake
11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
shepard smith is turning into a one man wrecking crew. this has to be by design.

101A
11-06-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm thinking this will be called the "Bush Recession" at least through the first Obama term by the media.

Hell, FDR sure doesn't get any blame for the Depression (which he presided over for NINE years!), does he? - it was on Hoover then, and it's on Hoover now - (although some of us radicals on the fringes might think otherwise).

hater
11-06-2008, 10:35 AM
there is not way these are lies.
#1: they would make up a better lie than not knowing Africa is a continent. (this is just too pathetic to even make up)
#2: after seeing her many interviews/speeches, I truly beleive everything is true about this dumb broad

hater
11-06-2008, 10:37 AM
I truly beleive the USA dodged a bullet to the head by not letting this bitch anywhere close to a decision making position.

God gave this country another chance.

boutons_
11-06-2008, 10:37 AM
pitbull bitch gets off the plane in Anchorage with her family, hearing chants of "2012". Please, let it happen

DarkReign
11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm thinking this will be called the "Bush Recession" at least through the first Obama term by the media.

Hell, FDR sure doesn't get any blame for the Depression (which he presided over for NINE years!), does he? - it was on Hoover then, and it's on Hoover now - (although some of us radicals on the fringes might think otherwise).

Eh, fair point.

(queue the cave-in comment :lol)

Viva Las Espuelas
11-06-2008, 11:11 AM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KWZYnMjSL._SL500_.jpg

Magic_Johnson
11-06-2008, 12:28 PM
MWZHTJsR4Bc&e

doobs
11-06-2008, 12:30 PM
She's a joke. Time for conservatives to purge the Republican Party of the Palin cancer.

Biden's a joke, too.

RichardSimmons
I can help her locate Uranus.

DarrinS
Still don't believe this is true.

SpursFanFirst
11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Internal battles divided McCain, Palin camps
Republican's running mate appeared to have been catalyst for infighting
By Elisabeth Bumiller
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27568012

PHOENIX - As a top adviser in Senator John McCain’s now-imploded campaign tells the story, it was bad enough that Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska unwittingly scheduled, and then took, a prank telephone call from a Canadian comedian posing as the president of France. Far worse, the adviser said, she failed to inform her ticketmate about her rogue diplomacy.

As a senior adviser in the Palin campaign tells the story, the charge is absurd. The call had been on Ms. Palin’s schedule for three days and she should not have been faulted if the McCain campaign was too clueless to notice.

Whatever the truth, one thing is certain. Ms. Palin, who laughingly told the prankster that she could be president “maybe in eight years,” was the catalyst for a civil war between her campaign and Mr. McCain’s that raged from mid-September up until moments before Mr. McCain’s concession speech on Tuesday night. By then, Ms. Palin was in only infrequent contact with Mr. McCain, top advisers said.

“I think it was a difficult relationship,” said one top McCain campaign official, who, like almost all others interviewed, asked to remain anonymous. “McCain talked to her occasionally.”

But Mr. McCain’s advisers also described him as admiring of Ms. Palin’s political skills. He was aware of the infighting, they said, but it is unclear how much he was inclined or able to stop it.

The tensions and their increasingly public airing provide a revealing coda to the ill-fated McCain-Palin ticket, hinting at the mounting turmoil of a campaign that was described even by many Republicans as incoherent, negative and badly run.

For her part, Ms. Palin told reporters in Arizona on Wednesday morning that “there is absolutely no diva in me.” :lol

Later in the day, she refused to address the strife within the campaigns. “I have absolutely no intention of engaging in any of the negativity because this has been all positive for me,” she said, adding that it was time to savor President-elect Barack Obama’s victory and “not let the pettiness or maybe internal workings of a campaign erode any of the recognition of this historic moment.”

As the ticketmate with a potentially brighter political future, Ms. Palin has more at stake going forward than Mr. McCain, whose aides now have an interest in blaming outside factors for their loss, making Ms. Palin a tempting target. And even as the votes from the election were still being counted, there were new recriminations, with Mr. McCain’s aides suggesting that a Palin aide had leaked damaging information about them to reporters.

The tensions were described in interviews with top aides to the two campaigns who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to be seen as disloyal to Mr. McCain’s effort at a difficult time.

Finger-pointing at the end of a losing campaign is traditional and to a large degree predictable, as Mr. McCain himself acknowledged in a prescient interview in July.

“Every book I’ve read about a campaign is that the one that won, it was a perfect and beautifully run campaign with geniuses running it and incredible messaging, etcetera,” Mr. McCain said then. “And always the one that lost, ‘Oh, completely screwed up, too much infighting, bad people, etcetera.’ So if I win, I believe that historians will say, ‘Way to go, he fine-tuned that campaign, and he got the right people in the right place and as the campaign grew, he gave them more responsibility.’ If I lose,” people will say, “ ‘That campaign, always in disarray.’ ”

The disputes between the campaigns centered in large part on the Republican National Committee’s $150,000 wardrobe for Ms. Palin and her family, but also on what McCain advisers considered Ms. Palin’s lack of preparation for her disastrous interview with Katie Couric of CBS News and her refusal to take advice from Mr. McCain’s campaign.

But behind those episodes may be a greater subtext: anger within the McCain camp that Ms. Palin harbored political ambitions beyond 2008.

As late as Tuesday night, a McCain adviser said, Ms. Palin was pushing to deliver her own speech just before Mr. McCain’s concession speech, even though vice-presidential nominees do not traditionally speak on election night. But Ms. Palin met up with Mr. McCain with text in hand. She was told no by Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s closest advisers, and Steve Schmidt, Mr. McCain’s top strategist.

On Wednesday, two top McCain campaign advisers said that the clothing purchases for Ms. Palin and her family were a particular source of outrage for them. As they portrayed it, Ms. Palin had been advised by Nicolle Wallace, a senior McCain aide, that she should buy three new suits for the Republican National Convention in St. Paul in September and three additional suits for the fall campaign. The budget for the clothes was anticipated to be from $20,000 to $25,000, the officials said.

Instead, in a public relations debacle undermining Ms. Palin’s image as an everywoman “hockey mom,” bills came in to the Republican National Committee for about $150,000, including charges of $75,062 at Neiman Marcus and $49,425 at Saks Fifth Avenue. The bills included clothing for Ms. Palin’s family and purchases of shoes, luggage and jewelry, the advisers said.

The advisers described the McCain campaign as incredulous about the shopping spree and said Republican National Committee lawyers were likely to go to Alaska to conduct an inventory and try to account for all that was spent.

Ms. Palin has defended her wardrobe as the idea of the Republican National Committee and said that she would give it back.

“Those clothes, they are not my property,” she said. “Just like the lighting and the staging and everything else that the R.N.C. purchased.” :rolleyes

Advisers in the McCain campaign, in suggesting that Palin advisers had been leaking damaging information about the McCain campaign to the news media, said they were particularly suspicious of Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s top foreign policy aide who had a central role in preparing Ms. Palin for the vice-presidential debate.

As a result, two senior members of the McCain campaign said on Wednesday that Mr. Scheunemann had been fired from the campaign in its final days. But Rick Davis, the McCain campaign manager, and Mr. Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s closest advisers, said Wednesday that Mr. Scheunemann had in fact not been dismissed. Mr. Scheunemann, who picked up the phone in his office at McCain campaign headquarters on Wednesday afternoon, responded that “anybody who says I was fired is either lying or delusional or a whack job.”

Whatever the permutations, the advisers said they strongly believed that Mr. Scheunemann was disclosing, as one put it, “a constant stream of poison” to William Kristol, the editor of the conservative Weekly Standard and a columnist for The New York Times.

Mr. Kristol, who wrote a column on Oct. 13 calling on Mr. McCain to fire his campaign because it was “close to being out-and-out dysfunctional,” said in a telephone interview on Wednesday that the campaign advisers were paranoid. Mr. Kristol has been a strong supporter of Ms. Palin.

“I wasn’t writing poison,” Mr. Kristol said. He added: “Randy Scheunemann is a friend of mine and I think he did a good job. I talked to him, but I talked to a lot of people at the campaign.”

The McCain camp was further upset about Ms. Palin’s interview with Ms. Couric, which was broadcast at a time when Ms. Palin was meeting with foreign leaders at the United Nations and trying to establish some foreign policy credentials. Ms. Palin’s wobbly and tongue-tied performance was mocked in an iconic impersonation on “Saturday Night Live” by Tina Fey.

Ms. Palin, who had prepared for and survived an initial interview with Charles Gibson of ABC News, did not have the time or focus to prepare for Ms. Couric, the McCain advisers said. “She did not say, ‘I will not prepare,’ ” a McCain adviser said. “She just didn’t have a bandwidth to do a mock interview session the way we had prepared before. She was just overloaded.”

One of the last straws for the McCain advisers came just days before the election when news broke that Ms. Palin had taken a call made by Marc-Antoine Audette. Mr. Audette and his fellow comedian Sebastien Trudel are notorious for prank calls to celebrities and heads of state.

Ms. Palin appeared to believe that she was talking to President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, even though the prankster had a flamboyant French accent and spoke to her in a more personal way than would be protocol in such a call. At one point, he told Ms. Palin that she would make a good president some day. “Maybe in eight years,” she replied. :depressed

Julie Bosman and Michael Cooper contributed reporting.

I couldn't watch the video posted above because the audio on my computer is shot, but this article was pretty interesting.

Anti.Hero
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Motives people.

McCain's staff is a fucking joke and scratching at any chance possible to get hired by some other goon in the future.

Anti.Hero
Where are all the dickless losers that bash Faux News for not talking shit about repubs.

ElNono
She's not necessarily dumb, just ignorant... A whole lot like whottt.
Now she has 4 years to get informed. The question is, will she do it?

clambake
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Where are all the dickless losers that bash Faux News for not talking shit about repubs.

where have you been? they didn't start doing that until a week ago.

shepard smith deserves major props.

he nailed joe the plumber, ralph nader, and now this.

:toast to shepard smith.

Anti.Hero
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM

What was wrong with what Nader said? Just third party real talk. I figured the real anti-corporation liberals would love that.

The left labels any black conser. as uncle tom. BFD.

balli
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM

I'd never watched enough Fox News to know, but a couple weeks ago there was a Slate.com article, IIRC, that portrayed him as a very fair and impartial commentator. And since, he's just been on a roll. And I don't think he's done so in a biased or argumentative way, he's just very good at impartially & instantaneously creating incredulity towards these idiot's positions. I agree, :toast to Shep Smith.

cool hand
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
sounds about right.