PDA

View Full Version : Wait for this team to gel...

tim_duncan_fan
11-06-2008, 12:49 AM
There Will Be Blood.

Maverick, Celtic, Laker, Sun blood.

Wait for MG to come back and then we will have a legitimate bench for once with either MG or Money coming in with the second team.

And IUPUI will be good too.

Darkwaters
11-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Don't forget Matt Bonner.

Hes a balla.

Dingle Barry
11-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Need to see what Ian can bring; really disappointed in KT.

Just imagine if we had a Gist to run out there instead of Boner. Or Batum, for that matter...

Brutalis
11-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Is this another Scola & Splitter thread??

Manufan909
11-06-2008, 12:56 AM
There Will Be Blood.

Wait for MG to come back and then we will have a legitimate bench for once with Money to start and MG coming in with the second team.

fixed

mfanatic
11-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Parker/Hill
Manu/Mason
Udoka/Bowen
Duncan/Oberto
Ian/Thomas

that SHOULD be our lineup when everyone is healthy.

Manufan909
11-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Unless the Spurs catch a motherfucking break and get McDyess.

underdawg
11-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Need to see what Ian can bring; really disappointed in KT.

Just imagine if we had a Gist to run out there instead of Boner. Or Batum, for that matter...

Most think that KT's still getting into shape after his injury - he's not done yet. Can't argue with you about Gist over Bonner, but I hope the decision pays dividends via a ton of playing time and discipline - he even said in his blog that he feels he's a much improved player from his days at Maryland.

jrmp317
11-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Parker/Hill
Manu/Mason
Udoka/Bowen
Duncan/Oberto
Ian/Thomas

no offense with the exception of Mason and Hill off the bench would be bad.

Manufan909
11-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah, Manu should still be the 6th man. And by gel, I think the OP means Bonner, JV, and Fin being the permament 13-15th men by New Years.

spurspf
11-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Parker/Hill
Manu/Mason
Udoka/Bowen
Duncan/Oberto
Ian/Thomas

I would agree 100% with this except the starting Udoka over Bowen. If we have Tony, Manu and Tim out there we should not be hurting on offense so Bowen should get his wide open corner 3's and Udoka with the second team brings in a little more offense than Bowen to that, and then Udoka would still not be facing the other teams premier perimiter scorer. So for me:

Parker/Hill
Manu/Mason
Bowen/Udoka
Dunkan/Ian
Oberto/Thomas

I would add that if Manu is a starter then Oberto should also be a starter to maximize their chemistry. How many Times have we seen Manu send in a great pass to Oberto for an easy basket? If Manu is coming off the bench then Thomas should start, again to maximize the chemistry between Manu and Oberto.

WildcardManu
11-06-2008, 01:45 AM
The Big 3 will always bring their A game, Mason is going to be good creating for himself maybe coming off the bench or as a starter or in different line up experiments by pops but damn they are going to kill.

Joe Schmoogins
11-06-2008, 02:25 AM
...of equal importance, wait for this team to start playing spurs defense!

wijayas
11-06-2008, 03:38 AM
There Will Be Blood.

Wait for MG to come back and then we will have a legitimate bench for once with either MG or Money coming in with the second team.

Amen!!!! Mason looks REALLY good. Somehow, I am very confident we will kick ass this year, despite our 1-3 record.:toast :toast :toast

mrspurs
11-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Why put up all those rosters spots. Come PO time we know we only have room for a 7 man rotation. So most of those names wont even play. Again.......

mrspurs
11-06-2008, 07:00 AM
...of equal importance, wait for this team to start playing spurs defense!

Theres the key to it all. You have to make stops. We couldnt last night against a scrub team with lesser talent. If not for Tony scoring alot of points we would have lost. We dont know how to make stops anymore. Since bringing in Kurt the Spurs have:downspin:

tim_duncan_fan
11-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I see incredible potential with this team.

C'mon Tony...

Killakobe81
11-24-2008, 10:26 PM
you guys will be good but we will be better

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
where is finley in your lineups? you guys are a bunch of haters.. finley is bad ass... bowen? lmao

Oink Oink
11-24-2008, 10:30 PM
bonner is better than thomas

mystargtr34
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Parker/Hill
Mason/Manu
Bowen/Finley
Duncan/Bonner
Oberto/Thomas

Not sure how people can leave off Bonner and Fin the way theyre playing. Udoka wont get alot of minutes - in fact he might find himself out of the rotation completely. If Mahinmi can get healthy he should be able to get minutes at C.

Vaughan/Udoka/Tolliver wont play much

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
we still need a big man if we want to compete with the Lakers, which is the only team I'm looking at in the West..

mystargtr34
11-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Maybe the Spurs should go after Darko if Ian doesnt pan out this season, still a bit of $$$ on that contract. Damn good shot blocker, 7'1", pretty mobile defensively, useless offensively.

Might be worth a shot.

Biggems
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Parker, Hill
Mason, Manu
Bowen, Finley
Duncan, Bonner
Ian, Oberto

mystargtr34
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Front court we can mix and match all day, thats probly what will happen anyway. None of the guys are consistent so playing time and rotations there will vary quite a bit outside of Tim.

Capt Bringdown
11-24-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm just enjoying watching these kids Mason and Hill do their thang - what a treat.
One can't help but feel excited, and I think we're due after the Splitter and Scola fiascos.

When TP gets back, will Hill get some PT along side him at shooting guard? Could it be possible that Roger Mason actually leads the team in scoring this year? These are nice "problems" to have.

I'm still very concerned about our rebounding - I think we'll need some kind of fix if we want to realistically contend for a title. But so far the Spurs have exceeded expectations and have made this pessimist feel hopeful.

T Park
11-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Mason won't lead the team.

Parker or Duncan will take that over.

Hill will definately see time next to parker.