PDA

View Full Version : What Do The Spurs Need To Become A Championship Team Again!?

hotsauce0987
11-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I THINK THAT THEY NEED A NEW BIG MAN TO HELP TIM OUT BONNER JUST INSENT CUTTING IT!!!:lobt2:

m33p0
11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Tiago Splitter thread.

urunobili
11-06-2008, 09:01 AM
a strong bench, a quality big and a long 3

SPURS21
11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Stephen Jackson....if we were able to keep him we would have a threepeat ünder our belts....long athletic swjngman, solid scorer, tough as nails, lockdown defender

honestfool84
11-06-2008, 09:10 AM
for you to change your avatar.

I Love Me Some Me
11-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Stephen Jackson....if we were able to keep him we would have a threepeat ünder our belts....long athletic swjngman, solid scorer, tough as nails, lockdown defender
When it's all said and done, Roger Mason will be a better Spur than Jackson could ever be.

SenorSpur
11-06-2008, 09:20 AM

Nuff said :tu

galvatron3000
11-06-2008, 09:21 AM
When it's all said and done, Roger Mason will be a better Spur than Jackson could ever be.

That's debatable

mrspurs
11-06-2008, 09:23 AM
We have all the pieces except for one. Another big who requires a double team. Thats what the rest of the teams that are making their ways to the finals have. And thats all we really lack. I thought instead of going for a small like cory or roger, we shoulda been looking for a big. But as it turns out there are no bigs teams are gonna give away. And we dont have the names to make that kinda trade. So basically as of right now, we are stuck with what he have. And I for one will not rest until we bring in better players. Fans who sit around and make up excuses for their team losing are cheerleader fans. And in the Pros there is no room for cheerleading. Noone really goes to pro games to see the cheerleaders. Many have forgotten the boo birds we used to have. I for one have not. And how do you shut the boo birds up? Get them better players at the least. Dont keep bringing in the same thing we just got rid of. Or even worse bring in something thats worse then what we have.

Biggems
11-06-2008, 09:25 AM
REBOUNDING......

If they could do better on both sides of the glass, they would most likely be 3-1 right now. They are getting killed by second and even third chance points so far this season. They are giving up way too many offensive rebounds. Conversely, they can't even buy an offensive rebound for themselves.

Fix the rebounding issue and they will be very tough to beat, especially when Manu comes back.

SenorSpur
11-06-2008, 09:28 AM
We have all the pieces except for one. Another big who requires a double team.

I would agree somewhat. I wouldn't necessarily say that such a big would need to comand a double team. If he could rebound, defend, block shots and at least keep defenses honest with some occasional offense would be sufficient. Simply having Duncan as the lone threat in the post is a deficiency and not enough to support him.

WalterBenitez
11-06-2008, 09:29 AM
A big boy + Defense + Manu

BlackSwordsMan
11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
no bonner helps

Dr. Gonzo
11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
for you to change your avatar.

I'm actually enjoying his avatar.

MarHill
11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Get Healthy and Stay Healthy!!!

Also, I do think we need another quality big man.

spurster
11-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Play defense in the 4th quarter, maybe the rest of the game, too.

Biggems
11-06-2008, 09:39 AM
That is a great avatar.......no need to change it whatsoever

dmac
11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I say if we win 16 games in the playoffs, that will GUARANTEE another championship.

ALAMO_DEFENSE
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
1- We need to fire: Bonner, Finley, Vaughn, Oberto and Thomas.

2- We need two athletic young Centers to help Duncan

3- We need a decent PF backup

4- We need more Mason and Hill minutes and help

5- A heathly BIG 3

6- We need the unsong hero being more aggresive: BOWEN. Without him, the perimeter is all over.

Fabbs
11-06-2008, 10:35 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/mourningafter78840/pop2.jpg
"Stay calm Spurs Sheep, for i will lead you. Ohh, a little more to the left Michael Finley, now right now, ohhh ohhh yess yess ahhhh yessss ahhhhhh."

zepn
11-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Hustle.
Effort.
Stop waiting for Manu to show up before they start playing for real.

The Spurs have consistently beat the crap out of most of the NBA for a decade. Teams that shouldn't be able to hold their jocks play the Spurs like it's the Finals, and the Spurs play everyone else like its summer league. And with Manu out, those teams smell blood. The Spurs are getting beat by concentration and hustle (except the 'Big 2.5' most of the time), and that shows up in the stats as rebounds and second chance points.

The Spurs are just getting outplayed, plain and simple.

sa_butta
11-06-2008, 11:19 AM
A quality big to help on the boards and for inside presence. When Duncan is not in there is no backside help. We got killed in second chance points yesterday. We need a solid rebounder.

TJastal
11-06-2008, 11:46 AM
A quality big to help on the boards and for inside presence. When Duncan is not in there is no backside help. We got killed in second chance points yesterday. We need a solid rebounder.

They ought to be on their knees, begging Antonio McDyess to come to SA. This guy would help alot on the boards. Thomas may help more once he gets into game shape, but who knows. Hard to believe he's getting 8m + a 1st round pick by the way Pop scarcely played him last year. One would have thought they were paying him the league minimum.

I was really excited last year when the spurs picked up Thomas but I think Pop should have played him more. He never really gelled into the system thx to not getting hardly any PT last year. Then Popo decided the 5th game of the Laker series would be the game to finally give him extended minutes, of course after the lakers had pounded the spurs on the boards and the series was virtually over. It was the same thing with Brent Barry, Popstupid wouldn't give him any minutes till the spurs were at the end of their rope, no wonder he didn't want to stay.

They also need a small forward who can rebound ferociously and who is good at creating/making shots around the basket and occasionally knock a 3 down. This describes Kelenna Azubuike to a tee. Spurs should have went balls to the wall to sign him this past off season, now he's playing for 2.9m for the warriors. Surely the spurs could have offered more than that. Dude scored another 22pts the other night, grabbed 8 boards, 4 dimes, 2 steals and a blocked shot. Not too shabby.

timaios
11-06-2008, 11:48 AM

Manu Ginobili, Ian Mahinmi and James Gist.

We can have 2 of the 3 in one month.... and Gist is in Italy :bang:bang:bang

xtremesteven33
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Gist wouldve been fun to see this year:depressed

hotsauce0987
11-06-2008, 12:07 PM
why dont go and get mcdyess i mean if he opts out of the contract! he would be a perfect big for the spurs. get rid of bonner and another big! we would deff be back on top! he would be a good complament to timmy

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 12:14 PM
The Spurs gave up 66 points in the second and fourth quarters. Damn you, Bonner!

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
we only need 2 things..

#1- DEFENSE..let's get back to the defense we're used to seeing..we still have the pieces, but Pop needs to make the right rotation..

#2- A BIG MAN that can block shots and dunk..Ian Mahinmi needs to be the guy, or we need to make a trade..I hope Ian can do it..

our backcourt is going to be able to exploit teams though, so that's our big advantage..if we can get back to playing Spurs defense, we'll be fine..

tlongII
11-06-2008, 12:33 PM
15 to 20 years.

turiaf for president
11-06-2008, 12:37 PM
why dont go and get mcdyess i mean if he opts out of the contract! he would be a perfect big for the spurs. get rid of bonner and another big! we would deff be back on top! he would be a good complament to timmy

why would mcdyess want to come to SA?

byrdman31
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM

:lobt2:

Manufan909
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Most people know him as The Big Fundamental, but your former HOF center calls him Mr. Duncan.

xtremesteven33
11-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I said before that if Mcdyess by some miracle, decides to play for the Spurs that i believe we would be a better team than the Lakers. We have the best backcourt in the west, no contest. and the best PF of all time and the best coach in the game today. we have a defensive stopper and experienced battle tested players.

Favorites with macD

angelbelow
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
1. health. we need a healthy manu, a healthy kurt thomas, a healthy obie, a healthy ian.
2. play mason and hill more

Spurminator
11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Radoslav Nesterovich

Manufan909
11-06-2008, 05:38 PM
1. health. we need a healthy manu, a healthy kurt thomas, a healthy obie, a healthy ian.
2. play mason and hill more

Oibe? You mean Bowen?

SpursDynasty
11-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I THINK THAT THEY NEED A NEW BIG MAN TO HELP TIM OUT BONNER JUST INSENT CUTTING IT!!!:lobt2:

To hold on to double digit leads, not get screwed by missed game-tying calls, and an extra bucket/rebound here or there. Seriously.

z0sa
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
15 to 20 years.

we're not talking about the blazer's current team or the amount of time left in Greg Oden's lifespan.

Manufan909
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
If the Spurs get to the trade deadline and no trades for bigs have happened, bring over Javtokas for Bonner/KT. I'll take a raw, athletic big over unathletic bigs who know the Spurs system but still provide no help at all.

angelbelow
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Oibe? You mean Bowen?

oh i meant oberto :p: i like to call him obie, its just shorter.

beefanus
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
ha ha ha your funny, wow i swear we got the next bill cosby here, wanna know the funniest thing about that no matter who they get they r not gonna win a nother championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarHill
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Patience by Spoiled Spurs Fans who have already made judgements on the Spurs season after 4 games!

Yeah....tank the season!!!

Or better yet....Trade Tony or Trade Manu!!!

even better yet....Trade Bonner, Finley, Jacque Vaughn, and Oberto for any great big man in the NBA.

Sheesh!!!!

Ghost Writer
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
The Spurs need a shot-blocking, young athletic PF/C.

And if we don't have Mason assume off-guard duties, we could use a swingman.

So basically, what we've needed since Elliott and Robinson went away.

BradLohaus
11-07-2008, 03:45 PM
REBOUNDING.