PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson: Time for Spurs to counter Miami's moves

LakerGod
02-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Magic Johnson thinks The Spurs will make the NBA Finals! he said that Miami will get Alonzo Mouning to battle the Spurs in the NBA Finals (IF the Spurs do something), he also said that the Spurs need to make some kind of move before the trade deadline to match Miamis moves, David Aldridge however, thinks that San Antonio only hope is to trade Malik Rose but there are no teams willing to take Maliks huge contract.

Any thoughts?

Streakyshooter08
02-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Magic might be right but I don't think the Spurs will make any trades. Nobodys gonna take Malik and the Spurs won't trade other players. I think a healthy Spurs team could beat Miami even with Alonzo but it will be tougher. There is still a long way to go so who knows if those teams will make the finals at all...

xcoriate
02-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Malik isn't going anywhere

johnny00
02-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Manu is kobes favorite player, Magic picks the Spurs to go to finals and lakergod asks a plausible question?????? Is the world spinning backwards or did hell just freeze over???????

RobinsontoDuncan
02-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Manu is Kobe's favorite player?

Rummpd
02-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Simple BS - Johnson, who I grant has been a successful businessman and was a great player nevertheless, has been a:

1) terrible coach
2) terrible part-time owner
3) an absolute idiot announcer who is always anti-Spurs

The truth:

Spurs play their better ball with crisp ball movement and Parker and Manu attacking, Duncan with his health back, Spurs have all they need to thump Miami or anybody else.

If Rose plays like he has recently, the Heat will have to figure out how to contain him, at his best with his hustle and boards and ability to defend Shaq as well as anyone, he brings everything an aging and post transplant Mourning does.

If they move Rose it will be simply that an even better player is out there or due to considerations that they want to clear salary for Scola et. al next year.

MadDoc

RobinsontoDuncan
02-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Duncan isn't healthy yet

Walton Buys Off Me
02-19-2005, 10:13 AM
I love how the sheep here proclaim Malik an all-star because he's played three good games in a row. Wait until he throws a pass into the fifteenth row or starts jacking up shots that barely draw iron- wait until he starts playing like Malik again.

As far as Shrek (Johnson) goes, he's wrong about the Spurs needing to make a move, but he's wrong for the wrong reasons. The Heat have about as much chance of beating Detroit in the playoffs as his Lakers do of winning the NBA championship- zero to none.

Spurs and Pistons are the class of this league, Miami and Houston are good, but can't compete with the elite.

baseline bum
02-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't think anyone should be scared of Zo. He was a legend, but he's a shell of his former self and isn't as big of an upgrade over Doleac as a lot of people paint him to be. He adds some nice depth to Miami's frontline, but nothing that is going to make deep frontlines like those of the Pistons or the Spurs scared.

spurster
02-19-2005, 12:22 PM
I agree. It's hard to be very afraid of Zo now.

SLOVENIAN 8
02-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Miami wont play the finals!!!!

wildbill2u
02-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Magic might be right but I don't think the Spurs will make any trades. Nobodys gonna take Malik and the Spurs won't trade other players. I think a healthy Spurs team could beat Miami even with Alonzo but it will be tougher. There is still a long way to go so who knows if those teams will make the finals at all...

I agree with everything you said, especially about whether these two teams will meet. Just because Detroit hasn't led the East this year doesn't mean they can't beat Miami in a series. On paper, Detroit is better than last year--and they handled Shaq and Kobe with ease. I don't see why they couldn't do the same to Shaq and Wade.

The West is so full of good teams that several could beat the Spurs in a series. We have the best shot on paper--but the proof will be on the floor.

ZStomp
02-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Why is everyone so hype on Zo? I don't see him much of a threat. I don't think the Heat can beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

ZStomp
02-19-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't think anyone should be scared of Zo. He was a legend, but he's a shell of his former self and isn't as big of an upgrade over Doleac as a lot of people paint him to be. He adds some nice depth to Miami's frontline, but nothing that is going to make deep frontlines like those of the Pistons or the Spurs scared.

That's what I'm saying. They make it seem like they are getting the Zo of 10 years ago.

Bring it on.

adidas11
02-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Detroit won't beat Miami without HCA in a 7 game series.

td4mvp21
02-19-2005, 03:04 PM
^Why not? They beat Indiana last year without HCA and they were a very good team.

Supergirl
02-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Miami is delusional if they think Zo is the answer to a championship. I like Zo, I think he's a great guy, but he's SICK. He can't play on failing kidneys. He needs to retire and rest. NJ tried to resurrect his career but he wasn't strong enough. Why does Miami think an OLDER Zo will be any stronger.

Detroit is still the team to come out of the East if they get back to their form from last year, and I think they will. It will be Detroit and Miami in the ECF, and Detoit will win in 6-7 games.

SA and Phoenix in the WCF. SA in 6 games. MAybe 5.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Our counter is to wait for Zo to get injured again. Seems pretty simple.