PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look a lot like....

Sunshine
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
...Christmas??? WTF?

The Halloween candy hasn't even gone stale and we haven't bought our Thanksgiving turkey and the shopping centers already have their Christmas decorations up.

Geez louise, before you know it you'll be able to buy your Christmas gifts at the same time you get your back to school stuff.

baseline bum
11-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I guess stores have gotta get an early start with how bad this christmas shopping season is projected to be.

gatoloco
11-06-2008, 10:55 AM
only 48 more shopping days...

Sunshine
11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm fine with starting Christmas shopping early (I've done a little myself) but KQXT running Christmas music already and the decorations up is just too early.

I know I'll sound like a broken record but I remember "way back when" when stores waited until the weekend after Thanksgiving to start setting things up. When Jefferson Village put Santa and Rudolph up over Winn's.....I knew Christmas would be here soon!

Viva Las Espuelas
11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah. there are already big red bows in front of all the Honkey Whitesvilles around here. Christmas is such a Hallmark holiday. Along with Valentine's Day.

ashbeeigh
11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I drove home around 8 a few days ago and I saw a house with Christmas lights up. These weren't orange and black lights..these were real Christmas lights. :wow

I. Hustle
11-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I am already getting ready for St. Patricks Day

NFO
11-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I am already getting ready for St. Patricks Day

I've already had my case of Guiness on ice for weaks now in preparation for St. Pattys Day. I'm starting to pick out my Halloween costume for next year already.

:bking

Blake
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I eat turkey off the bone three times a year:

the day before Thanksgiving when we have our job luncheon
the day of Thanksgiving
Christmas

I think I may go shoot myself an Independence Day turkey next year

Sunshine
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM

the day of Thanksgiving
Christmas

:lol

fatsack
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
i'm not putting a tree up until after thanksgiving.

rr2418
11-06-2008, 01:32 PM
KQXT 101.9 is already playing Christmas music!

tonylongoriafan
11-06-2008, 02:23 PM

the day of Thanksgiving
Christmas

I see your 3 turkeys and raise you to 5:

Practice Fried turkey next thursday to make sure it's cook correctly
Fried turkey & Baked Turkey Thanksgiving Day
Baked turkey on xmas
Fried turkey on new years

extra lipitor :rollin

PM5K
11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I get the idea (the economy) but it can certainly ruin the holiday, I like Christmas as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't want it to be Christmas all year round, it's mean to be a month or so at the most, not two months...

ashbeeigh
11-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I just ordered some tamales! Oh my gosh. It's so the season!

Blake
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
KQXT 101.9 is already playing Christmas music!

ya don't say.....

boutons_
11-06-2008, 03:27 PM
With consumers under great stress and consumer spending and credit greatly restricted, it's going to be a really crappy, even fataly, holiday season for retailers. Is probably why they are starting it so perversely early.

S_A_Longhorn
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I love Christmas, but everything seems to be out as if it already December. A little early, but I will soak it in.

Q101.9 is already playing Christmas music 24/7. They used to start after Thanksgiving, and then moved it up one week. Now they started at the beginning of November! Their DJs will be jolly insane by the time Christmas actually arrives.

It has no doubt to do with both the hard, slow economic times and the smaller shopping days available this year.