PDA

View Full Version : Realistically

mfanatic
11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok, I know that we're 1-3, and our next game is against Miami, New York, and then the Bucks. If we get those 3 games, we'll be 4-3 without Manu, obviously. Our next game will be a loss against HOU, but then we follow that with the Kings, Clippers, Denver and Utah.

I say we're 6-5 after that stretch, following Memphis, Chicago and Memphis again, which we should go 3-0, making us 9-5 entering December.

That's not too shabby considering the circumstances. Just my 2 cents

Naelven
11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Ok, I know that we're 1-3, and our next game is against Miami, New York, and then the Bucks. If we get those 3 games, we'll be 4-3 without Manu, obviously. Our next game will be a loss against HOU, but then we follow that with the Kings, Clippers, Denver and Utah.

I say we're 6-5 after that stretch, following Memphis, Chicago and Memphis again, which we should go 3-0, making us 9-5 entering December.

That's not too shabby considering the circumstances. Just my 2 cents

In fact, at the end the spurs will have 45+ wins and will be in play off with all their rosters back, that is all that matter. And they will win the NBA title once again because it is an odd year and Mahinmi will be MVP of the finals.
Just my 2 cents :lmao

xtremesteven33
11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
U just never know. Look at the Celtics how they lost to the Pacers. Or the Hornets losing to the Hawks. Its hard to predict wins/losses. It all hinges on matchups. I think we match up well with Miami cause they have no one to contain Tim Duncan. I look for TD to have a big game against Miami on Friday

honestfool84
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
and we have this guy called tony parker.
i think he'll do well against miami..

there are less than a handful of guards in the league that can contain parker.

xtremesteven33
11-06-2008, 11:40 AM
and we have this guy called tony parker.
i think he'll do well against miami..

there are less than a handful of guards in the league that can contain parker.

yea but i think D-Wade will be put on him for awhile. Wade is a good defender when he wants to be, so i look for his speed and length to give parker some problems.

But i dont see no one on that team stopping Timmy.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-06-2008, 11:42 AM
In fact, at the end the spurs will have 45+ wins and will be in play off with all their rosters back, that is all that matter. And they will win the NBA title once again because it is an odd year and Mahinmi will be MVP of the finals.
Just my 2 cents :lmao

45 wins won't get us into the post season.

anakha
11-06-2008, 11:53 AM
That Bucks game is not a sure win by any means.

For some reason, they always play above themselves against the Spurs.

mexicanjunior
11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
At this point, I wouldn't count any wins as "sure things". They will have to battle for each one...

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 12:00 PM
If the Spurs start playing defense and rebounding, which could happen at any time, they'll be fine. If they don't, they'll be lucky to win one of those games. That's how it is. Manu and Ime and Robinson and Gervin can't really help them if they aren't going to get stops.

honestfool84
11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
If the Spurs start playing defense and rebounding, which could happen at any time, they'll be fine. If they don't, they'll be lucky to win one of those games. That's how it is. Manu and Ime and Robinson and Gervin can't really help them if they aren't going to get stops.

Oh, Gee!!
11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
9-5 entering December.

that sounds like a plausible goal

ClingingMars
11-06-2008, 12:09 PM
one game at a time baby

-Mars

Obstructed_View
11-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I typed Ime when I was thinking Ian, but you get what I'm saying. :)

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2008, 12:18 PM
100% with OV's post..

WE NEED DEFENSE!!! it doesn't matter if Manu is there or not, we need defense..

the goal without Manu is to just win MOST of the games vs. average/below average teams, and we'll probably lose to MOST of the games vs. above average/good teams..but in order to do this, we'll need a much better defensive effort..

I don't mind going slightly above .500 until Manu comes though, because that will probably get us a top 6 seed when he returns..defense first though, we aren't going anywhere without it..

Dex
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
While I like the glass half full approach, the Spurs can't afford to count any game as a W right now. We saw the colossal effort it took to get past the Timberwolves, who should probably be considered one of the league's cellar teams.

With the current state of this team, taking any game for granted is asking for trouble.

mrspurs
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
At this point, I wouldn't count any wins as "sure things". They will have to battle for each one...

Yup

JamStone
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
If the Spurs can get out of November 7-7, I think that's solid all things considered. Milwaukee is the second of a back-to-back and at Milwaukee. That will be a tough game. Without Manu, I think Clippers and Nuggets will be tough as well. Even the Bulls will be a tough match-up.