sook
11-06-2008, 08:06 PM
^ Exactly, i don't like Lieberman, i think he's a rat

Findog
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Fuck this guy

ploto
11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Wait now-- he's an independent, but he chose to put aside partisanship and endorse the Republican?

ClingingMars
11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
he's an independent, who cares, he can do w/e he wants.

-Mars

TheProfessor
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
A little irony: (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/02/nyregion/02lieberman.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

A few minutes later, however, the audience was riveted as Senator Barack Obama of Illinois, the guest speaker at the $175-a-plate dinner, stood on the podium and began the customary round of recognition of candidates and incumbents in the room. When he got to Mr. Lieberman, who is his mentor in the Senate and who helped recruit him to speak at the event, the applause again was muted.

"I know that some in the party have differences with Joe," Senator Obama said, all but silencing the crowd. "I'm going to go ahead and say it. It's the elephant in the room. And Joe and I don't agree on everything. But what I know is, Joe Lieberman's a man with a good heart, with a keen intellect, who cares about the working families of America."

Then, with applause beginning to build, he finished the thought: "I am absolutely certain that Connecticut's going to have the good sense to send Joe Lieberman back to the United States Senate."

jack sommerset
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM

-Mars

+1

florige
11-07-2008, 12:26 AM
:lol It must suck to always be associated with a losing ticket year after year....

TheMadHatter
11-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Joe Lieberman endorsed McCain even though he doesn't agree with 90% of his platform outside of foreign policy. Not only did he not support the Democratic ticket, he openly trashed them during the RNC. That is why he deserves the cold shoulder now. He does not deserve to be chair of anything, he deserves to be stripped of any responsibilities he once had and relegated to the minority.

The guy is as sleazy as they come and the Democrats do not need people like him representing their party.

byrontx
11-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Connecticut? I thought he represented Israel.

That's about the only country in the world that actually wanted the US to hit Iraq. Well, except for Iran, those mullahs likely thought it was it was a miracle from Allah that the Great Satan would gift wrap their arch-enemy and hand it to them.

101A
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
You people crack me up.

Leiberman, as a sitting Senator, LOST the Democratic primary because of his support of the Iraq war.

He then ran as an Independent, and, obviously, got the support of MANY Republicans in Connecticut to, in fact, WIN reelection as an Independent.

He then could have chosen to caucus with the Republicans, or the Democrats in the Senate. The one HE chose would have control and power. Republicans offered him the world. HE chose the Democrats - HE gave Harry Reid his Leader position the past 24 months. ALL of the Senate committee chairs held them because HE allowed them to.

Then, since, ultimately it was Democrats who rejected him FIRST, he was free to endorse whomever he pleased for President. He has ALWAYS stated that he felt the Iraq war, foreign policy, etc.... were VERY important to him, and that in his estimation, John McCain would do a better job on those that Obama. He endorsed and campaigned for McCain.

Now the Dems are feeling all powerful and indestructible. Bully for them. Go ahead, throw him out. Reduce your caucus by 1 vote. That'll make it that much easier in two SHORT years to further weaken, or even remove, the majority in the Senate.
Go ahead, cut off your nose to spite your face.

I'm liking the way this is starting; Dems ARE going to overreach, THEY ARE going to continue the partisan rhetoric; blaming Bush and co. for EVERYTHING - it'll work for a time; then it won't anymore. (in the meantime, just watch as Bush's approval numbers rise over the next 75 days as he gets better press than he has in 7 years.)

Keep. It. Up.

boutons_
11-07-2008, 09:05 AM
dubya will get better press for what? :lol

101A
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
dubya will get better press for what? :lol

Simply because it's not in press's interest to destroy him any more. There's no point; they've won.

Hell, you heard Mathews, right? It's his DUTY to make sure THIS (Obama's) presidency succeeds. What is not stated, but is obvious from that remark, is that it was his duty to make sure Bush's didn't. Mission accomplished.

There's ALREADY been a different tone to the coverage of Bush.

byrontx
11-07-2008, 10:05 AM
He and Cheney are busy shredding documents right now. I wonder what type of crap will surface on those two once they aren't in a position to cover things up. I would love to Bush's ass behind bars.

boutons_
11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
The press didn't destroy dubya. The press' complicity and cheerleading in the runup to dubya's Iraq invasion enabled dubya to destroy himself.

Blaming dubya's failure on the press, dubya as victim, absolving dubya, just amazing, as always.

dubya, Repugs, neo-c*nts, conservatives, free marketers, McNasty destroyed themselves. They weren't destroyed by the press.

101A
11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
He and Cheney are busy shredding documents right now. I wonder what type of crap will surface on those two once they aren't in a position to cover things up. I would love to Bush's ass behind bars.

For what?

ploto
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM

-Mars

Then he should not expect to be treated as a Democrat in the Senate- he made the choice- now he has to live with it.

When he went to speak at the RNC, he lost all his claim to a seat as a chariman in the Democratic majority Senate.

Anti.Hero
11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
LOL at you all.

Reid loves Joe. They will keep him around.