PDA

View Full Version : Titans will NOT win the SB!

beefanus
11-07-2008, 02:17 PM
... i have nothing more to say.

to21
11-07-2008, 03:18 PM
... i have nothing more to say.Good!

ATRAIN
11-07-2008, 03:21 PM
So you think its going to be the Steelers?

beefanus
11-07-2008, 03:29 PM
So you think its going to be the Steelers?
damn stright

Spurtacus
11-07-2008, 08:33 PM
... i have nothing more to say.

Detroit Lions will not win the SB!

Shit man. Titans haven't even clinched a playoff berth.

Lakers2009champs
11-08-2008, 12:03 AM
The Cowboys will not make the playoffs.:whine

Window Licker
11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Titans will lose in teh 1st round of teh playoffs

chode_regulator
11-15-2008, 10:27 PM
beefanus what is your obsession wit the titans
seems every other post is the titans suck or will lose

have to admit though, 12 straight reg season wins. goddamn impressive. i dont care who they have or have not played, impressive.

beefanus
11-17-2008, 01:54 AM
beefanus what is your obsession wit the titans
seems every other post is the titans suck or will lose

have to admit though, 12 straight reg season wins. goddamn impressive. i dont care who they have or have not played, impressive.
so impressive 1 they dont have a very diffecult schedual 2 what happened last year with the undefeated team??

J.T.
11-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Titans will lose in teh 1st round of teh playoffs

Titans probably going to have a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs...

beefanus
11-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Titans probably going to have a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs...
lol and they will probably get an easy first game but honestly i think it will be steelers over the titans in the afc championship

ClingingMars
11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Good!

Sausage
11-17-2008, 10:44 AM
If Big Ben can stay healthy, I think they can compete with the Titans, but the Titans are the class of the AFC by far.

J.T.
11-17-2008, 12:54 PM
If Big Ben can stay healthy, I think they can compete with the Titans, but the Titans are the class of the AFC by far.

Yeah I actually don't hate them the way I hated the Patriots last year for running up the scores... Titans are just winning games and sometimes coming from behind to win, they don't care about breaking records they just want the W. Much easier to respect a team that does it that way.

Though I do want them to lose some games, maybe like, idk 5 games, so the Colts can win out and make it 6 straight.

mytespurs
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
lol and they will probably get an easy first game but honestly i think it will be steelers over the titans in the afc championship

I like the Titans & I wouldn't mind seeing them or the Steelers representing the AFC in the SB. What scares me about the Titans a bit is that they haven't had that bad game yet and if or when they do, it will be in the playoffs.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets beat them this weekend......and then all the pundits will start jumping on the Jets bandwagon!

beefanus
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I like the Titans & I wouldn't mind seeing them or the Steelers representing the AFC in the SB. What scares me about the Titans a bit is that they haven't had that bad game yet and if or when they do, it will be in the playoffs.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets beat them this weekend......and then all the pundits will start jumping on the Jets bandwagon!

lol i agree

chode_regulator
11-17-2008, 10:59 PM
so impressive 1 they dont have a very diffecult schedual 2 what happened last year with the undefeated team??

man you are retarded. all i said was it was impressive, i in no way mentioned your sb predictin or the pats from last year.

and yeah, beating 7 out of 10 teams that are in the playoff picture. must be a shitty team. and arent they the number 1 defense in the nfl? which i know could be attributed to playing "weak" teams, i.e. anyone other than the steelers according to anus. but again, i say, impressive to notch that many wins in a row in teh top tier of football.
i think even anus has to admit teh d line is very good and that the titans running backs are impressive as well.

bostonguy
11-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Steelers had their nice little magical run in 2006 for Bettis. They have a nice team but I like the Titans much more. Titans D will get to Ben much more than the Steelers D will get to Collins. Ben will be prone to throwing more picks and getting sacked more due to having a suspect offensive line.

NBA Junkie
11-18-2008, 07:42 AM
The Titans are for real.

They looked fantastic in the second half of the Jags game and thoroughly dominated the final two quarters.

I hope they don't fall into the trap of resting guys late in the year after they wrap up HFA. Recent history has proven that it backfires.

DBryant88
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
The Titans are for real.

They looked fantastic in the second half of the Jags game and thoroughly dominated the final two quarters.

I hope they don't fall into the trap of resting guys late in the year after they wrap up HFA. Recent history has proven that it backfires.

Vince Young who??

sa_butta
11-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I think the Bretts will upset the Titans this week.

jack sommerset
11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
dont rule out the colts. i picked a all manning superbowl and now the colts are starting to play like the colts. injuries got them out of starting blocks late but they are winning now and they have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way plus the teams that will be in playoffs (if it ends today) are inexpierence. usually the colts are resting players going into playoffs losing any momentum they built durning the season.they will not be able to do that this season.

.Sun 11/23 at San Diego 8:15 pm
Sun 11/30 at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 12/7 Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Sun 12/14 Detroit 1:00 pm
Thu 12/18 at Jacksonville 8:15 pm
Sun 12/28 Tennessee 1:00 pm

NBA Junkie
11-18-2008, 02:50 PM
dont rule out the colts. i picked a all manning superbowl and now the colts are starting to play like the colts. injuries got them out of starting blocks late but they are winning now and they have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way plus the teams that will be in playoffs (if it ends today) are inexpierence. usually the colts are resting players going into playoffs losing any momentum they built durning the season.they will not be able to do that this season.

.Sun 11/23 at San Diego 8:15 pm
Sun 11/30 at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 12/7 Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Sun 12/14 Detroit 1:00 pm
Thu 12/18 at Jacksonville 8:15 pm
Sun 12/28 Tennessee 1:00 pm

3 of the 6 remaining games are tough, but I believe that gutty win in Pittsburgh boosted their confidence.

And, you bring up a good point. When the Colts won the Super Bowl two years ago, they couldn't rest their players in the final week since they were playing for HFA. When they have, they struggled and it cost them, IMO.

jack sommerset
11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
3 of the 6 remaining games are tough, but I believe that gutty win in Pittsburgh boosted their confidence.

And, you bring up a good point. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they couldn't rest their players in the final week since they were playing for HFA. When they have, they struggled and it cost them, IMO.

I see only one tough game left and that game might be meaningless to the Titans. Chargers suck,Browns Suck, Lions REALLY REALLY suck, Bengals REALLY suck, Jags are sucking and Titans are best in league right now. Thats not saying the Colts will run the table cause anything can happen. It will be interesting if they can win 4-5-6 more games if they can get atleast the first round at home.

chode_regulator
11-18-2008, 03:02 PM

haha onkly if he doesnt try to do too much and throw a bunch of shitty passes

I see only one tough game left and that game might be meaningless to the Titans. Chargers suck,Browns Suck, Lions REALLY REALLY suck, Bengals REALLY suck, Jags are sucking and Titans are best in league right now. Thats not saying the Colts will run the table cause anything can happen. It will be interesting if they can win 4-5-6 more games if they can get atleast the first round at home.

hmmm...well i would say the chargers adn the jags would have a real lgood chance at beating the colts. especially the jags, they always play the colts close. and the toher three could come away with a steal.

and the only way it owuld be meaningless to the titans is if they lose before that, or if they are still undefeated then maybe they get scarred about what happened to the pats last year.

NBA Junkie
11-18-2008, 03:22 PM

The Chargers do seem to have the Colts number for whatever reason. The Jags may be 4-6, but they have beaten the Colts already so that's no gimme.

It's probably not likely, but I'd love to see the Titans unbeaten going into that final game in Indy. That would be interesting.

jack sommerset
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
The Chargers do seem to have the Colts number for whatever reason. The Jags may be 4-6, but they have beaten the Colts already so that's no gimme.

It's probably not likely, but I'd love to see the Titans unbeaten going into that final game in Indy. That would be interesting.

Yeah it would. I think the Titans would be smart about it and say the playoffs start NOW. Go for that 16-0 record. They get 2 weeks before next game. Go for it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Farve go all the way either. A nice touch on the whole Packers drama plus a kiss to the Patrriots from there old coach.

What brought me to this thread was the Titans and I agree with the thread starter, I can't see them winning SuperBowl but if they did hopefully Vince Young will stop crying and relize he is not a little boy anymore.

mytespurs
11-18-2008, 05:03 PM
They're already comparing the 2008 Titans to the '72 Dolphins.....I'm listening to the John Seibel show on ESPN and they were talking of how the Titans most resemble the 72 Fins vs. the 2008 Pats. :hat

chode_regulator
11-20-2008, 02:03 PM
lol
i love how people always start comparing teams like that.

personaly, you cant compare any team from today to a team from taht long ago. they older team just wouldnt stand a chance. players are too big adn too strong these days. not to mention too fast. but the guys from back in teh day were meaner and allowed to play more aggresively.

either way i hate how sports media always jumps on bandwagons like this.

sa_butta
11-23-2008, 04:44 PM

SpursFanFirst
11-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Nice call, sa_butta

That game was brutal. TN couldn't do anything right. And where the heck was their defense?

mytespurs
11-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm not surprised. The Titans were due for a loss. Better it happened now than in the playoffs. Titans may still end up with the best AFC record and home field advantage.